• Show
Clear All

At least we know who the new owner is now
    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

What can I say about this ----mmmm

Comment

To get the muscle memory of cueing straight I prefer this.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I am definitely making one of them, that is genius, I've got an old speaker stand I could easilly convert, will be great for teaching the kids.
          No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Two pages and no pussy jokes?

Comment

Don't think you're allowed to tell jokes in here bud...

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
                Don't think you're allowed to tell jokes in here bud...
                Hey, did you hear the one about .................. nahhhh forget it

Comment

Imagine rocking up at the snooker club and plonking that down on the table...

Then imagine telling someone what it does...

Then, whilst they're looking at you, gone out, imagine telling em you dropped 300 sheets on it...

If you imagine they've kept a straight face, I'd say you need to imagine more realistically

The little metal thingy is more useful, but none of it translates really to what happens when you're playing a shot. Timing comes from a lot more than just pulling your arm back and forward.

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                    I am definitely making one of them, that is genius, I've got an old speaker stand I could easilly convert, will be great for teaching the kids.
                    I made one , just used a tube a cheap cue came in,( I used the full length to get the feeling of it going back and forward on the chest) a dowel I got from B&Q and balanced it on a tripod ( I didn't fix it down like the video as I wanted not to be able to put any pressure on and keep my grip light)I put the front end on a table ' total cost ten pound. It has its advantages and disadvantages over what Nic has come up with, the pros being you are in a natural cueing action with bridge hand under the cue, where as Nics you are in a kind of false stance , it forces you into the correct action as the "slider" has to follow the dowel so you get the feeling of a perfectly straight cue action and the perfect finishing position into the chest, it also keeps your elbow still and high, but Nics lets you make errors and figure it out for yourself( I'm not sure if that's an advantage or not ,just pointing it out). The biggest plus with Nics CAT is you can play shots with it, and you can't with the slider, it's purely an action trainer,and that is a big thing, but ten minutes on the slider at home and my cue action is honed as soon as I step on the table.
                    Should say I do a few minutes on this and then play shots through the TUCA, just can't beat it, unless you have a table at home like some lucky folk.
                    Last edited by itsnoteasy; 25 April 2016, 05:20 PM.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I think to be fair to the idea it would work to give you feedback on your grip and help you correct your cueing using your own cue and it could help to cure the yips or the elbow coming out or in on delivery or twisting of the wrist caused or defects cause by having incorrect grip and or follow thro. I actually think its a good idea.

I do think it is over priced at 300 and would only probably sell to other coaches who like these gadgets I think its a mistake selling at 300 as they would have sold 100 x times as many priced more at 100 or 150 and I do like the idea of this aid helping both in the home and on a snooker table.

What you could do to replicate the process free yourself is first set up a shot and then place say four balls at each side of your cue then try and pot the ball without your cue touching any of the balls placed at each side as you push thro until completion of delivery. Same principle but free to do in the club or on your own table.

This device of Nic's and that tripod thing which I also like would perhaps of course give you more feedback in your grip so more of a sense of how it should feel to hit correctly though.

Comment

All these gadgets what have ya, if you need any sort of gadget to improve how you play then maybe snooker ain't for you IMHO.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                          All these gadgets what have ya, if you need any sort of gadget to improve how you play then maybe snooker ain't for you IMHO.
                          That's extremely narrow sighted, not everyone has natural ability or is fortunate enough to get regular table time, any thing that helps people practice their cuing action and develop the muscle memory to aide their game has to be a good thing, especially for newcomers to the game?

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                            Leo... you little trouble maker!

It's actually quite a good device. Its very well made and if you saw one in the flesh you'd see there's been some significant thought in its development.

I just cringe at the marketing
                            #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Is anyone else curious as to what Leo keeps deleting?
                              Anyway back on topic, I see more videos teasers are trickling through, and as has already been said this is terrible marketing!
                              Nic, if you're reading this thread I've got some coaching booked with a promising young talent from our club, if you would like me to post a fair and independent review of this product please feel free to send me one? He's got a bit of flare about him, but hits the ball far too hard pulling him off shot, he went over to Poland a few months back for a tournament and got a bit of an eye opener so is really keen to learn. 96 match break so he's capable just needs honing?

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                                Is anyone else curious as to what Leo keeps deleting?
                                Anyway back on topic, I see more videos teasers are trickling through, and as has already been said this is terrible marketing!
                                Nic, if you're reading this thread I've got some coaching booked with a promising young talent from our club, if you would like me to post a fair and independent review of this product please feel free to send me one? He's got a bit of flare about him, but hits the ball far too hard pulling him off shot, he went over to Poland a few months back for a tournament and got a bit of an eye opener so is really keen to learn. 96 match break so he's capable just needs honing?
                                I delete things after I realise I don't want to start another bust up on here or I've put something I shouldn't of done. Why culraven?
                                Don't start giving it the large to me old pal because I don't give a monkeys whether you're a moderator or not

Comment

Working...
                                X