Has anyone seen Nic Barrow's CAT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone seen Nic Barrow's CAT?

Saw this on YouTube and wondered if anyone has tried one out yet? Nic's new invention Cue Action Trainer.

http://youtu.be/UwCt7O1FfP0

Yes it is very good and I have tried one of the first versions.

This is a perfect device for a coach or the serious snooker player looking to improve their game.

What you may find is people with a very low IQ will mock what they do not understand but you will not see that in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ttHKrUD2Bei1uu
    Last edited by ferret; 25 April 2016, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Looks very good and tackles many aspects of the game. 299 pounds though....

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
        Yes it is very good and I have tried one of the first versions.

This is a perfect device for a coach or the serious snooker player looking to improve their game.

What you may find is people with a very low IQ will mock what they do not understand but you will not see that in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ttHKrUD2Bei1uu
        At the risk of having my moderators hat took off me, I posted valid points based on the YouTube video he chose to share, which have now been deleted? I understand the concept, and can't see how it adds anything more simple video analysis would, especially given the amount of movement required to affect the device as he demonstrates in his own propaganda, video analysis also puts the player in a real shot environment rather than in artificial situation when they will over concentrate their efforts and give a false reading?
        If I am wrong surely it should be decided through debate and input from Nic himself so buyers can make an informed opinion, not just delete any negative comments so it looks amazing to anyone coming here for advice?
        I have a lot of respect for Nic both as a coach and as a valid member of the forum, but he hasn't been on here for quite a while, and hasn't chosen to offer his equipment to anyone on here for an independent review, and although you say it's very good you don't say why or how it works, or offer any analysis of the device?
        And to mock my IQ is very playground?
        No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Has anyone seen Nic Barrow's CAT?

money talks! thank god it don't sing and dance

Comment

whats the minimum IQ you need to comment on this thread and it be left up? Just so I know if it's worth it or not, thanks.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Becoming a dictatorship

Comment

Even though the idea is sound, J6's TUCA does the same for a tiny fraction of the price, and an empty bottle does it for nothing.

Oh and I scored 141 in the MENSA test, not great I thought as I didn't get in, but according to them it puts me in the top 4% in the country, so can I be allowed my opinion ?

If Trump buys one, and stops his body movement because of it, I'll take it back, then again Trump still pots the balls.

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                  money talks! thank god it don't sing and dance
                  Money doesn't talk, it swears

Bob Dylan

Comment

i've seen this on youtube , its a big device to carry around an its quite pricey too.

with regards to the feedback it gives in terms of cueing, i don't see what extra it offers to the pure cue, the one with the spring in the middle.
                    i think Nic was promoting that too.

i like Nic he's a good coach and i have had the pleasure of a coaching session with him, however he is getting too technical and all these gadgets reminds me of those Abdominal exercise gadgets that keep springing up every few months promising everyone a washboard waist which never happens.

Comment

Well, what I think would happen, is you would get good at moving the cue backwards and forwards in that device, but then, I don't think people would transfer that to the table. Pushing the cue through relatively straight, without any timing whatsoever, is the least of snooker players worries.
                      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I agree with a lot of these comments. This device teaches a player to move the cue back and forth straight but I have difficulty seeing how this can be transferred to an actual frame. Besides the expensive price I think Nic's claims for this device are a bit over the top.

In addition a pop/soda bottle with a 13mm neck will achieve the same thing and also has instant feedback qualities and is much cheaper, as vmax has said.
                        Terry Davidson
                        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                          I agree with a lot of these comments. This device teaches a player to move the cue back and forth straight but I have difficulty seeing how this can be transferred to an actual frame. Besides the expensive price I think Nic's claims for this device are a bit over the top.

In addition a pop/soda bottle with a 13mm neck will achieve the same thing and also has instant feedback qualities and is much cheaper, as vmax has said.
                          they don't exist tel, your looking at 18-20mm. maybe a small medical bottle could go down to 16mm, good for a beginner

Comment

I use this - http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ue-action-tool

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
                              That looks fairly usefull might buy it

Comment

Working...
                              X