Terry's Videos Showing SIT or No SIT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    I looked at both your videos and looked at how the cueball left the top cushion. I didn't put the video on a hi-def big screen so I could see it but it did't look like a lot of side and the cueball came off the top cushion fairly straight, almost like a centre-ball strike. I'll show you in my next video, I'll do a spot especially for you.

Your cue, to me at least didn't look all that far off centre but that could have been the camera angle.
    Doesn't have to be that far off centre as long as you time it right you'll get a lot of side

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
      I was in your camp thinking CB swerved in to BOB but this last couple weeks I've taken more notice of shots where it's the basic turn a ball in to make the pot with side. I noticed the cue ball push out then come back in but not make BOB, it hits thick then there is more of a push or skid on the contact and throws ball. Not a great explanation but that's what I saw.
      I know what your saying and you are right.
      It's a great tool for holding shots that you couldn't hold using centre ball striking

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
        It's a great tool for holding shots that you couldn't hold using centre ball striking
        I'm the laziest player you could meet mate. I'd never go in to the physics of the game. This shot must've come up ten times in last fortnight though and with these threads running I would watch the reaction bit closer, having a little laugh to myself thinking of tsf.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
          I'm the laziest player you could meet mate. I'd never go in to the physics of the game. This shot must've come up ten times in last fortnight though and with these threads running I would watch the reaction bit closer, having a little laugh to myself thinking of tsf.
          Yep they pop up a lot.
          A little trace of side here and there makes break building a lot easier

Comment

• I was watching the 92 final just now and saw a shot where it definitely looks like there is a lot of throw on the object ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww9yV2MuCk4

Fast forward to 36:03 and pause it when the cue ball hits the object ball. It's aimed at about 2" away from the jaw of the pocket.

For the people who say there is minimal to no throw, can you explain how this turned in?

Comment

• Originally Posted by dan_ormerod View Post
              I was watching the 92 final just now and saw a shot where it definitely looks like there is a lot of throw on the object ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww9yV2MuCk4

Fast forward to 36:03 and pause it when the cue ball hits the object ball. It's aimed at about 2" away from the jaw of the pocket.

For the people who say there is minimal to no throw, can you explain how this turned in?
              Good find Dan.

The subtle version of the shot, but so effective.
              TD was getting this reaction on his 3rd video but couldn't see it!
              Vmax would just jack his cue up and swerve it lol

Comment

Good find Dan.

Yes I agree with terry getting the reaction in the third video. The pictures below show the path the object ball would take with no side (white line) and the path it did take (red line).

Too much to be considered not enough to worry about in my opinion as it's clearly enough to miss a pot.

terry.jpgjimmy.jpg

Comment

Good find Dan.

Also, vmax looks as though he is getting throw in the video he posted in the other thread too.

vmax.jpg

Comment

• Has it been agreed that a spinning CB will affect the path of the OB yet? I had a quick look at TD's vids, and it was happening loads - I assume that has been explained in the previous 18 pages.....

It got mentioned on Eurosport yesterday: bod couldn't get to potting angle of Red due to Brown or Green "use a bit of RHS to kick* the Red into the pocket"

Not sure kick is the right word as "kicks" deaden angles making the OB go straighter than intended?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                      I looked at both your videos and looked at how the cueball left the top cushion. I didn't put the video on a hi-def big screen so I could see it but it did't look like a lot of side and the cueball came off the top cushion fairly straight, almost like a centre-ball strike. I'll show you in my next video, I'll do a spot especially for you.

Your cue, to me at least didn't look all that far off centre but that could have been the camera angle.
                      You're forgetting: SIT lessens with maximum spin. It is not a spinning contest. You seem to think more spin equals more SIT - it doesn't.

Comment

• The video posted about 100 pages ago (I think by TravisB) showed the pink being contacted at BOB aimed at the top cushion but straitened up and went in the hole.
                        Plain as day.

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                          Has it been agreed that a spinning CB will affect the path of the OB yet? I had a quick look at TD's vids, and it was happening loads - I assume that has been explained in the previous 18 pages.....

It got mentioned on Eurosport yesterday: bod couldn't get to potting angle of Red due to Brown or Green "use a bit of RHS to kick* the Red into the pocket"

Not sure kick is the right word as "kicks" deaden angles making the OB go straighter than intended?

Good point. Perhaps Terry and vmax can tell me what commentators are referring to when they say phrases like "he used side to turn the red over" or "he used side to straighten the red".

So boys, what are they actually referring to here?

I realise the physics side of things is terrible inconvenient to you, and largely discovered in ghastly countries like France and the USA, but these phrases are regularly uttered by good old British people, many of whom are former world champions.

Let's not duck this one as well, eh?
                          Last edited by Hello, Mr Big Shot; 20 September 2017, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                            The video posted about 100 pages ago (I think by TravisB) showed the pink being contacted at BOB aimed at the top cushion but straitened up and went in the hole.
                            Plain as day.
                            That'll be on the other thread

Seriously: why don't the disbelievers just line up a straight blue (well any colour from the blue spot) and play it with side, but no bottom. They can use top if they want and watch as they miss the pot...........

Comment

• Originally Posted by dan_ormerod View Post
                              Yes I agree with terry getting the reaction in the third video. The pictures below show the path the object ball would take with no side (white line) and the path it did take (red line).

Too much to be considered not enough to worry about in my opinion as it's clearly enough to miss a pot.

[ATTACH]18907[/ATTACH][ATTACH]18908[/ATTACH]
                              Good pics. How do you put the lines on?

Comment

And here's what the naysayers are missing when they say it rarely comes up in a game: we all play with side routinely, it's impossible to avoid. If we play with side routinely, it's pretty stupid not to know what it's going to do with the OB.

Our eyes and brains adapt and we filter the effects out, much like deflection and CIT, but to say something isn't happening when it is, is daft.

Comment

Working...
                                X