Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Q School 2012

This is Souwester's Country Flag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    I think the game is just too hard now for newcomers to come into the game. What with the cost and the standard of play, its a lot of money and pressure to get results. The top 32 are protected that way, they have the experience, reputation to attract sponsors and know how. I really feel that more needs to be done for the new comers onto the MT.

Also I heard that those who didn't qualify will now have to wait 2 years because there is no q-school next year. So the likes of Mitchell Mann who missed out, the harsh reality is, they are going to have to get a full time job which will be detrimental to their games as they won't have the chance to practice all day like some will have been doing. I see more and more players turning away from the game as the incentives to turn pro just aren't enough.
    I'd heard that the Tour was being increased to 128 for 2013-14, so that would enable the same qualifying structure to be in place next year as there was this year (with an extra couple of places).

This is cueman's Country Flag

vCash

Well I'm only going by what one player who entered the q-school told me. Said there wasn't a q-school next year, its 2 years until the next one, must have heard it from a reliable source. The increase to 128 hasn't been confirmed yet I don't think either.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15