Thread: Rule question: ball on top of the cushion

This is kligu's Country Flag

vCash

Default Rule question: ball on top of the cushion

Hi everybody,
    I have been playing and watching snooker for more than a decade now and have never seen this situation before until now: After hitting the black much too hard it jumped off the table rolled down the side cushion just to stop short before the middle pocket. If it was a match what

-- This message may have been cut off and the rest will only be shown to members. To become a member, Click HERE --

This is DeanH's Country Flag

vCash

Foul as it did not come to rest on the playing surface of the table, the cue ball is given to the non-offending player as "ball in hand".
    Same a

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --
    Up the TSF!

vCash

Thanks for your quick reply. Sorry if my question was not clearl enough: the black ball came to rest on top of the cushion. So it is foul and the blac

-- You need to be registered to read the rest of this thread, To become a member, Click HERE --

This is DeanH's Country Flag

vCash

ah ha, sorry read it wrong - you are correct; any colour coming to rest not on the playing surface (or bed) of the table is respotted as if it had bee

Up the TSF!

vCash

That's why I love this forum: friendly people, quick and competent answers to all questions! Thanks!