Good news about the future of the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope this is true.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Hello Dean, Miss you
      Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Bit of an update from Dean:

I spoke to owner in the middle of the week and I am now in contact with the new Techie who has everything ready and waiting for the "backup" of TSF to arrive and hopefully will be a seamless transition.

I have sent a list of issues I know of that require attention and he has already said that he knows why most (if not all) are happening and should not take long to fix them. There's still a bit of a delay with the handover from the old tech team, but once that's sorted we should be good to go.

Sounds like we're moving in the right direction, slowly but surely. Keep all those fingers and toes crossed peeps.

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
          Bit of an update from Dean:

I spoke to owner in the middle of the week and I am now in contact with the new Techie who has everything ready and waiting for the "backup" of TSF to arrive and hopefully will be a seamless transition.

I have sent a list of issues I know of that require attention and he has already said that he knows why most (if not all) are happening and should not take long to fix them. There's still a bit of a delay with the handover from the old tech team, but once that's sorted we should be good to go.

Sounds like we're moving in the right direction, slowly but surely. Keep all those fingers and toes crossed peeps.

-
          Bloody hell, The forum has been virtually unuseable for months and we have a Tech Team in situ, What are they still looking for the key to wind it up . Crack on Dean. Thanks PB for conveying.

Comment

Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post

Bloody hell, The forum has been virtually unuseable for months and we have a Tech Team in situ, What are they still looking for the key to wind it up . Crack on Dean. Thanks PB for conveying.
            Thanks John. I feel I should point out that Dean has no connection with the owners of the site, or control over the situation whatsoever. Although he's technically speaking admin, he's basically just one of us, a member who volunteered to help out. He's just as, if not more frustrated by this ongoing saga as we are.

-
            The slow and labourious,

Comment

I hope I didn't come across blaming Dean PB., that was not what I intended at all, Far from it. I was knocking our so called 'Tech Team' who obviously know diddly squat about how a forum Should Run.

Not sucking up here, But Dean and Neil do a great job on this site.

Comment

Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
                I hope I didn't come across blaming Dean PB., that was not what I intended at all, Far from it. I was knocking our so called 'Tech Team' who obviously know diddly squat about how a forum Should Run.

Not sucking up here, But Dean and Neil do a great job on this site.
                No worries John, just wanted to make it clear to anyone who might be wondering.

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

only here a couple years myself but total respect to Dean and Neil for all they do

Comment

I think PB is Dean in disguise

Comment

That is great news, will they be a live chat room were members can chat with each other while tournaments are on, they had a chat room when I first joined this forum.
                      Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Hi All
                        I am back - what a palaver!
                        Thanks to PatBlock for keeping things under control

and we are not the same person

Latest news - without going into details, the owner and the original tech team are having legal/contractual argie-bargie
                        The notice clock for contract end has started and if nothing happens earlier, the term will end in about 2months.
                        The new tech-team is in place and are assessing a backup version to get things aligned and hopefully we will have a seamless transition to a new server with all fixes in place x-fingers
                        I am in direct contact with the new team and have passed on the issues we have been having, here below is what I have passed over; if I have missed anything , please reply and I will pass on.

Passwords, reset passwords.
                        Post a message without an error message.
                        Post count working.
                        Some symbols not supported (like ?)
                        Any Admin auto-communication does not seem to work, i.e. new member approval or member issues.
                        Private Messaging
                        Instant Messaging
                        Tidy up / archive / delete all the old never visited topics.
                        New default view - in the old version we had a page of "Most recent activity", similar to Forum, Latest Topics, View All, sort Date Latest Posts - as a default without having to go through all the clicks and that would stay available after viewing a post. Many members have said they miss this page which they was the only page they used. I am one of them
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

At last ......... it’s like a Take That lyric!!! ....... I want you back for good
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Great you're both back. The posting error message seems to have gone away again, lets hope that's permanent. Private messaging also now seems to work, brilliant!

Dean, can you please add the broken smilies to your list. Ta.

-
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

Aaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! (Thats a Fonz Aaayyyyy BTW!!!) Welcome back, and here's to a great World's!!!

⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Welcome back guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X