No announcement yet.

Ronnie Reloaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know you did Kathrin and Mushka's german is indeed excellent! . But there is this one, the one about the PHC, the one about "Ronnie's autobiography" ... Even if nothing important is said people might feel excluded as they may have no clue about it.

What if TheBoss and me started some banter in Greek? Not to mention mods might be a bit worried there
    Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
    http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Okay, will translate the PHC thread now
      ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

@ Monique

I have to confess, I don´t understand your reply this time. I agreed with you when you wanted all relevant information concerning any exhibition in Germany translated into English, as it is of interest for non-german speaking members, as well. Perhaps in the future it will be better to post it in the general (English) section to avoid any displeasure.

However, I thought there was a reason why this forum had "International forums" section? I, on the other hand, prefer it when posters choose to write in other than English language in their sub-forums than make little inside jokes in discussion that should be solely in English.

It might be up for reconsideration whether to have this "foreign" section at all. This is not a matter that concerns only the German section just because it´s more active. Personally, I cannot understand a word from "voon Nederland" section, not to mention the Chinese one. You might want to post your concern into the "Forum suggestion", in case anyone from the responsible actually takes notice of the posts there. Or gives them though, at least.

My point is that, even though I understand your concern, to put the blame solely on this part is little bit unfair of you as on TSF are other non-English sections (one where you write, too ).
        Robbo's potting is so good he doesn't need to bother with positional play like the rest of the players. He laughs in the face of those who spend hours on the practice table perfecting their cue ball control! ~ Forman
        2009 Grand Prix Fantasy Game winner

Comment

Originally Posted by Monique View Post
          Threads like this, that actually exclude most forum members from participating, are just rude in my opinion.
          It wasn't my intention to be rude with this thread. All important informations were translated and the rest was just a silly banter. I thought that those subforums were there to speak about snooker in your native language but it would be okay for me to translate everything here in the future.

"I do not envy people who think they have a complete explanation of the world, for the simple reason that they are obviously wrong." - Salman Rushdie

Comment

And don´t forget the russian one.
            ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

Originally Posted by Kathrin View Post
              And don´t forget the russian one.
              Yeah, that's true - I don't understand one russian word and I can't understand the discussion in the subforum for the netherlands.
              I've no problem to translate the important parts of our conversation here but I really think it's a little bit unfair to say that such a thread is rude.

"I do not envy people who think they have a complete explanation of the world, for the simple reason that they are obviously wrong." - Salman Rushdie

Comment

I don´t want to attack those replying to the chinese and russian forum but, let´s be honest, they could be talking about everything. And with everything I mean everything. no-one understands it and translating something from german or dutch into english is a lot easier for the mods (if they think we´re abusing the forum) because of the simple fact we´re using "normal" letters .
                ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

OK ... I wont complain anymore...

I feel excluded from the Russian and Chinese ones all the same. And I have no idea whether there is any interesting information there or not. No clue at all. I also wonder how mods can moderate these ... it seems to me there might be a risk there.

The "Ronnie reloaded" info seemed to be interesting for everyone and was translated but only after I raised the point ... that's what triggered it. That an a remark on another thread when I answered a post using english because I can't write German.

International forum it is, point taken. Go ahead.

Comment

Monique and I obviously have the same thoughts...
                    ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

I think it's good that you complained about those threads Monique.
                      It wasn't my intention to be rude, I just wanted to inform my German fellows about the news, nothing more. But on second thought I think you're right that many members are excluded because they don't understand what we're saying.

Maybe I should have post this thread in the Snooker Lounge and on English, sorry.

Comment

Originally Posted by marshall View Post
                        Maybe I should have post this thread in the Snooker Lounge and on English, sorry.
                        Don´t think it´s neccessary to post german events in the Snooker Lounge as it is happening in Germany (and no-one who´s not german is restricted from using the german subforum as it´s open to everyone ) but we should keep on writing english.
                        Deal?
                        Last edited by Kathrin; 11 December 2008, 10:46 AM.
                        ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

Okey-dokey!
                          I just hope that you all can understand my strange English, otherwise I will post a short German translation under my post.

Comment

Aber das ist doch extra für die Muttersprache eingeführt worden...

Oh, und danke für die Info! Wär sonst wohl total an mir vorbeigegangen und wenn schon mal was bei uns im hohen Norden passiert, sollt ich doch eigentlich hinfahren. (Wenns denn wirklich Hamburg wird.) Nur bin ich kein großer Ronniefan. Hm.

Also, noch ein anderer Profi wär schon schön. Aber für mich dürfte er lieber ein paar Waliser mitanschleppen.

Comment

Originally Posted by kafka View Post
                              Aber das ist doch extra für die Muttersprache eingeführt worden...
                              I think we've discussed this problem well enough and it's a good compromise to write about a topic like Ronnie reloaded in English.

TC wrote in the snookermania-forum today that Ronnie will bring along other players ... maybe even a welsh one.

Comment

Thanks everyone ... really mean it. We are all loving this game. Mainland Europe residents don't hesitate to travel to other countries to watch it life ... so let's share our info. And nobody should worry about "strange"english let's speak "europantou"

Comment

Working...
                                X