No announcement yet.

Learning Billiard Angles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I save this table? I have made a top table position.

Also how to work your way to top table , but how do I save this?
    Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

START(
      %A[9O4%Bm2Q7%Co8V1%Dq5W6%Es2Q7%Fm1P8%Go1W7%Hp1Y6%Iq3M 5%Jr5Y5
      %KH2O5%Lo4K5%Mr6M8%Nq9Q1%Op7R6%Pg8L0%WI8Z6%X[3P7%]V9G0%^E2V9
      %_D9D5%`[8N1%af5L4
      )END
      This is a way to get to the top table if you get the balls replaced , ofcourse after your opponent makes a foul! You make a long enough , the opponents cue ball ends up somewhere around the middle pocket. You may get an in-off angle or where I have showed. It depends on the way you make the in-off.

START(
      %AX5E8%Bn9L8%Co9Y2%Dq4K3%Es7T7%Fl2K2%Gm0O2%Hp6U3%I q1P5%Js3H1
      %KH5O6%Lo0L0%Mq9L9%Nu2R6%Oo0L4%Ph2K6÷O1%VD0N1%WD8N 8%XW3F4
      %_D9M7%`X4F9%af9K5
      )END
      This second one shows a way to make the cannon from there for the top table position. It looks difficult in the pic but is quite easy. You can make the cannon by using the black cushion or even directly depends what angle you have got , wether the yellow is coming behind the red or not. The yellow should end up somewhere close to the black cushion for an easy top table position.

Another very important standard in -off in the centre in -off.
      START(
      %Bn9L8%Co9Y2%Dq4K3%Es7T7%Fl2K2%Gm0O2%Hp6U3%Iq1P5%J s3H1%K^2K1
      %Lo0L0%Mq9L9%Nu2R6%Oo0L4%Ph2M5%VW1\5%WD6K0%X\4K1%]Z6I7%^C4J1
      )END

You need to play the in- off such that you get the red/yellow back to the centre pocket where you either have an in -off or a pot. You could make multiple in -off's just be getting the position right here. Needs a lot of practice though.

START(
      %Bn9L8%Co9Y2%Dq4K3%Es7T7%Fl2K2%Gm0O2%Hp6U3%Iq1P5%J s3H1%KI3J8
      %Lo0L0%Mq9L9%Nu2R6%Oo0L4%Ph2M5%VW1\5%WJ7J5%Xf8M4%]U0T1%^D2K7
      )END

This is another in -off you will get in a match for sure. Make this in off slowly as to get the red back in the centre for an in-off or a pot. Or even hard so that it comes back from the baulk cushion , as per your convience(is the spelling correct?)

Comment

This should help a lot. These are like the basic but very very important shots. The making of top table depends on ones ability. I would advice you just try playing on your own putting the balls on the top table position ,just in case you get the position by fluke in a match. Do you get the opponents cue ball where I said around the centre after the long in -off? Do you make that in - off by placing the cue ball on the yellow spot or just abt an inch inside the D?

Got to sleep now. Whos winning?? See ya 2moro!

Comment

Sorry , forgot to thank Rob on the double click advice. Thanx Rob. This table now feels like a piece of cake!!

Comment

Thanks for the effort Ranen, but like I've said in the PM's, my system freezes when I click on your links.... and from what I've said in other PM's, it'll be good when you use the other table. I'll look forward to bettering myself soon!
            Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

lol Dave this looks funny? How do we see the table now?

Comment

Originally Posted by ranen
                lol Dave this looks funny? How do we see the table now?
                well if the large wei table allows a clickable link to fire up the table with the balls in play BUT freezes our pc's, then the rbs pool table version will be better, even if we need to copy&paste the code into our locally visible table. slight downside that members can't just see what we're talking about as a hosted picture, but what you're trying to describe isn't needed to be so graphic and easy for everyone, there's only a few of us (me mostly) that this is aimed at!
                Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

Did you see the tables?

Comment

Just put this on google video, has "British Pathe preview" on it, but it's good
                    Walter Lindrum making a billiards 100 break.
                    http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...42367183127601

Comment

Its great! Thanx dude!

Comment

Blimey....this games takes some adjusting to if you have only every played snooker.

In the league I play in we play snooker one week & then billiards the week after, I have been thrown in the deep end as ive never played it before.

I must admit I have found it really enjoyable but I am getting frustated at not being able to get the in-offs consistently.

I suppose its just a case of practice.
                        Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.

Comment

Originally Posted by Lighters
                          I must admit I have found it really enjoyable but I am getting frustated at not being able to get the in-offs consistently.
                          I find it odd how easy it is to play a long loser into a top pocket, compared with a long winner over the same distance. Lets say, with the object ball on the centre spot and your own cue ball in hand.

It is also often easier to play an in off down a cushion, than to play a pot down a cushion, as you can use helping side with the in off.

The old Joe Davis argument coming to the fore. Side is NOT transmitted to the object ball.

Comment

I guess ive just spent too many years trying to avoid the in-offs.

I will practice away until I get the hang of it.

Comment

I like a game of billiards. It is a game of continuity and more artistic than snooker. When ever I ever get the chance to have an hour on the table on my own, I like to see how many I can make from top of the table play.

Only upto 40-odd, so I need to practice too!

Comment

One good thing that billiards has done in such a short time is impove my ability to get out of snookers.

Helps you learn those angles better.

Comment

Working...
                                X