Mosconi cup 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    I thought it was great and really got into it (and the crowd). I only play snooker but it has sort of tempted me to try and find a 9 ball table and have a go for fun.

I remember the 80's when I thought there were a lot of different types of characters in the game, this seems the same in the Mosconi Cup, lots of different temperaments.

The young nipper in the USA team looked good (the one with eyes like P**s holes in the snow). And our one who potted the 9 ball off the break in the 9th rack, what a feeling that must have been.

I will certainly look out for any other televised tournaments; the atmosphere looked like a packed pub but I thought that just added to the needle. Good stuff.
    Yeah. I thought it was great, really entertaining. Stop clocks are an absolute must - pool of all variety is unwatchable without one. I'd still make it 20 secs, mind. There's something wrong when snooker players are faster than pool players...

Comment

Originally Posted by Alba_ View Post
      Because he lost a challenge match to Golum means nothing. The better player doesn't always win and especially in 9 ball where you can run 5 racks by holding the break alone. Bergman is **** and is a little creep to go with it. You can see the colour drain from his face when he walks down those stairs after he gets announced. His temperament in the last MC was shocking and iffy in this one too.

So playing for money week in week out to survive in a foreign country and feed your kid does not compare to the MC? Please don't talk silly now son.
      He's from Glasgow, the place where you need nerves of steel just to go out for a pint of milk in the morning
      Gollum! Knew he reminded me of someone. He looks a super player to me, even said it last year when everyone was slating him.

And milk? Irn bru, surely?

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
        You boys don't drink milk up there do you? I though you had a nip of the strong stuff on your cornflakes.
        Aye a was just trying to make us look a bit healthier was all, you guys rumbled me

By the way i don't think the American Mosconi team is terrible or anything like that. I hope our American friends don't think i was really being real in giving your boys a ribbing.
        I was just trying to annoy Mr big bollocks who I've seen trolling here in the past

Comment

Originally Posted by Alba_ View Post
          Aye a was just trying to make us look a bit healthier was all, you guys rumbled me

By the way i don't think the American Mosconi team is terrible or anything like that. I hope our American friends don't think i was really being real in giving your boys a ribbing.
          I was just trying to annoy Mr big bollocks who I've seen trolling here in the past
          Nah, you're alright.

I thought the American's played some good stuff, there's a fine line between winning and losing that's for sure. I can't remember, but I thought the commentator said 7 of the matches were 5-4 so the result could have been different.

You've certainly got to have a lot of nerve out there.

It'll be a tough crowd coming over here next time though, especially with all that milk flowing up North.
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Indeed you do. Especially when the crowd are cheering your missed or fluffed shots. It must manufacture a destructive thought process in your napper.
            Your arms and legs must go like jelly and your head would be all over the gaff your next shot back at the table after a miss.
            I tip my hat to those boys.
            The Americans bled some young blood over the past few years and that can only help them in the long run.
            It's always a boisterous loud unsettling crowd over here for the yanks. They only see a crowed like that once every 2 years. It must be tough for them. It's all the young lads out on the pi*s, screaming like mad men and swinging from the rafters! Bergman last year in Blackpool looked terrified. I remember his face getting all screwed up because of the crowd got to him.

Comment

Sounds like one of our team practice sessions.
              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Our boys need to fight through such a scenario just to sign into their club and get their balls and table light on. There stepping over drunken bodies and broken pint tumblers just to go for a pi*s and the cue to get in for a shikter is about 5 deep with all the coke heads
                The pool halls in America are like Disney land compared to some of the dens over here

Comment

Working...
                X