No announcement yet.

2020 Sports Personality of The Year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am avid F1 fan for 60 years , Lewis is no James Hunt , Innes Ireland , Stirling , Jackie or Jimmy Clark on the personality front anyway, he comes over as a more testosteroned version of Michael Jackson without the falsetto voice, but the message is as shallow and insipid insipid " remember you can be anything you dream for " FFS give us all a break

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post
      I am avid F1 fan for 60 years , Lewis is no James Hunt , Innes Ireland , Stirling , Jackie or Jimmy Clark on the personality front anyway, he comes over as a more testosteroned version of Michael Jackson without the falsetto voice, but the message is as shallow and insipid insipid " remember you can be anything you dream for " FFS give us all a break
      I don't know if his message is aimed at you, seems more geared towards young kids. I don't know much about him to be honest, but he seems alright. No worse than any other of these young millionaire sports people. He's got the records, and a high profile he seems to use mostly for the good. I don't know a huge amount about his personal finances either, but I presume he pays people to deal with those and he's on the right side of the law. I'd imagine he has the moral high ground over Ronnie, who has had a title taken back for drug use and doesn't seem to do anything if it doesn't benefit himself.

Comment

Been to silverstone for the F1 , I love it, used to love Hamilton until he dragged his politics into the sport, and started telling people to change their lives to save the planet while driving around in an F1 car, flying around in a private plane and sailing on the oceans in a gas guzzling boat, hypocrite of the highest order.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          here is what WPBSA say
          https://wst.tv/ronnie-osullivans-records/

I am not sure if this is Country restricted?
          It was restricted to UK only but i used a proxy server so i could vote anyway

Comment

[QUOTE=itsnoteasy;n1005518]

This post was removed for offensive language

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post

This post was removed for offensive language .
              Treading a fine line here

Comment

Just stating how Lewis is ,he should make himself a better example like Tiger Woods ,who in my mind is a Gentleman of his sport ,ok he’s had a bad hobby with hookers and the prescription drug story ,but he keeps politics out of his sport .Everyone should be treated equal .

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                  Just stating how Lewis is ,he should make himself a better example like Tiger Woods ,who in my mind is a Gentleman of his sport ,ok he’s had a bad hobby with hookers and the prescription drug story ,but he keeps politics out of his sport .Everyone should be treated equal .
                  Bad example, but you're entitled to your opinion. The whole way the tone if this started going just isn't really how this forum usually runs. There are plenty of other forums if you want to discuss your 'politics'

Comment

Which position did ROS secure?

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                      Which position did ROS secure?
                      Not top 3. Don't think they announce the lower positions.

Comment

Yeah we are treading a fine line here , we'll drop the subject and leave politics out of it. In all fairness Lewis has led a decent clean life and does get bashed a lot on F1 forums just for being too successful!. Lets get back to the snooker , 10th January next outing

Comment

Take the computer out of his car and see how good he is compared to drivers of the past who raced by the seat of their pants. Racing machines don't need drivers anymore really, they programme the computer for every corner on every track in the world. Now british superbikes don't allow any electronic aids, unlike WSB, Motogp or F1, proper racing and very dangerous, as it should be with 200 horsepower in your right hand and a contact patch on the road the size of a tea plate.
                          I didn't vote as I was watching the snooker on ITV4, can't stand all that BBC back slapping anyway.
                          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Ronnie has won the Eurosport Sports Person of the Year by a virtual landslide
                            RESULTS
                            Ronnie O’Sullivan – 44%
                            Marcus Rashford – 15%
                            Lewis Hamilton – 12%
                            Jonathan Rea – 9%
                            Judd Trump – 9%
                            Lucy Bronze – 5%
                            Tao Geoghegan Hart – 3%
                            Lizzie Deignan – 2%

Comment

RESULTS
                              Ronnie O’Sullivan – 44%
                              Marcus Rashford – 15%
                              Lewis Hamilton – 12%
                              Jonathan Rea – 9%
                              Judd Trump – 9%
                              Lucy Bronze – 5%
                              Tao Geoghegan Hart – 3%
                              Lizzie Deignan – 2%
                              I first thought that you were kidding. Just saw that Eurosport have given this award. Are there two SPOTY awards every year?

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/...iT6XrXcBu0Kgik

Comment

RESULTS
                                Ronnie O’Sullivan – 44%
                                Marcus Rashford – 15%
                                Lewis Hamilton – 12%
                                Jonathan Rea – 9%
                                Judd Trump – 9%
                                Lucy Bronze – 5%
                                Tao Geoghegan Hart – 3%
                                Lizzie Deignan – 2%
                                I honestly don't know who half of them are, of the others what exactly on the sporting front did Marcus Rashford achieve? I must have missed it. I don't understand how he finished above Hamilton or Trump who have at least won the biggest thing in their sport. Glad Ronnie won it I suppose, must have been a poor year for sport if that list is the best they can come up with. Should have asked Tyson Fury if it was ok to put him on the list.
                                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                                X