Great year for motorsports.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

Casy Stoner was the man for me in MotoGP, he could ride anything and win on it no matter how badly it handled but that was his downfall, if he told his engineers that this was needed or that was needed they simply looked at the data that said, pole position, fastest lap and race win and took no notice of him despite the number of dnf's he suffered in between.

Best racing on the planet is British superbikes, 200 mph 1000cc souped up road bikes, scary narrow old style tracks and no electronic aids allowed real balls needed for this series, then there's the Isle Of Man TT, get that wrong and there's no run off gravel traps just trees houses and stone walls
    Casey stoner had balls of a rally driver. Where asIsle of the man racers have the crazy of rally people who stand by the tracks no wonder it has an average death rate of 1.5 per year and the people who sit by the road to watch TT riders pass by should get their insurance cancelled , the TT documentary on YouTube doesn't encapsulate the TT experience for sure. Isle of the Man TT sure stands above all. I don't know a lot of the TT riders but McGuiness sure knows how to take the most out of track, risk reward ratio. However, Guy Martin is my favorite, he's done a lot of other crazy speed things too, there's a series on it.

As for crazy stuff there's Pike's Peak too. The onboard video of Loeb's drive is scary as hell and a Must watch.
    Guts over Glory

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post
      N ot looking great at the moment for Hamilton or Mercedes judging by pre season testing . Is this the annual Merc sandbagging or are there genuine weaknesses in Merc pre 2022 kick off ? Next week will tell the tale. Hamilton insists hes not sandbagging , but he always says that. Yes Max not as clean as Lewis and he is more in the mould of Senna and Schumacher but not as dirty a driver as they were. Due to him being taken off at Silverstone and Hamilton only getting 10 seconds penalty I think he deserves the 2021 title just marginally. Time for the prancing horse to come to the fore , 2007 and Kimmi was a while ago now. Marquez cannot get to grips with using the rear brake on the Honda while Pol seems well adjusted to the new bike but its early days . Jake Dixon is a major raw talent , hope he can fight at the front with Sam in Moto 2 this year. John McPhee would seriously want to get his finger out , especially at the beginning of races , he has flattered only to deceive for too many years now. I believe Lando Norris will only get better again and will be extremely hot property at conclusion of 2022. McLaren did well to secure him long term. George will trouble Hamilton greatly in the second half of the season and outqualify him on a regular basis I think .
      I too believe that they're sandbagging and their current sidepod thing is just a teaser. But FIA - Ferrari relationship makes me think that the new regulations were made in accordance with their development and Zak Brown has a history of getting inside information and he promised Ricciardo a championship winning car. So, Ferrari or McLaren may have an edge.

Hamilton could have made history by being the first rookie to win the WDC but took it too reluctantly.

The Silverstone incidence gets nullified by the Monza for me where Ham could have died and Max sheepishly said "that's what you get when you don't leave the space" which he didn't deserve as the stewards said his move was too late to deserve space. His multiple pushing out people and brake testing at 2.4g makes me think he didn't deserve the title.

Senna's dirtier than Max stuff was in equal retaliation to Prost, we can't compare him to Schumacher who's 1 title should be stripped for hitting the tital rival after he realized his car was going to be out of the race and he was losing title and him trying to run opponents into a wall on multiple occassions.

Max is somewhere between Senna and Schumacher. He won't put his car in a precarious position unless he's leading the WDC and he can't do the Schumachery **** as he would lose social media credibility and FIA are little less *******s than they were earlier.

Norris sure is a future WDC champion, he's already unsettled Ricciardo with his performance, I believe Ric will make good recovery this season and Norris will still outperform him. As for the teammate relationship, it's going to be interesting between Leclerc and Sainz after last season's results even when Sainz was a rookie. Ham can fend off George using his old dawg skills for this but eventually he's getting old and George is young and the most talented of the new lot.

Marquez has lost his edge since the last injury but I think he is going to get into his zone and adapt this year. I just hope MotoGp this year gives more split second finishes and overtaking fights for 1st position this year
      Guts over Glory

Comment

Great to have the TT back and hope the 14.99 TV package will be good . Beware of Mickey D on the PB Ducatis
        Apart from F1 I watch them all even snooker illegally lol.. everything other than F1 either isn't shown here or the channel that is streaming offers nothing else interesting that too online only, nothing on TV here.
        Guts over Glory

Comment

You make a lot of good points throwawaytty , Alonso didnt help Hamilton any will a rookie WDC , don't think he knew how fast or how talented Hamilton was in 2007 , must have been a big shock to the system. Dennis could have man upped for Hamilton but he cowered to Alonso . Remember Alonso delaying when exiting pit to delay Hamilton being serviced and that disgusting Hamilton Family blacking up by spanish fans ( ugh) , absolute racism at its worst. Alonso did not condemn it either , big bully that he is . Schumacher did drive into Hill on purpose in 94 and got away with it , tried it on Villeneuve and didn't . He almost drove his ex team mate Barrichello into cement pit pit wall , parked in Monaco etc etc those incidents tainted his reputation more than his 3 miserable return years in Mercedes when he embarrassed himself.

Comment

What Schumacher did to Barrichello was the worst one for me, iirc the others were at slow speed, that one was flat out down the straight.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              What Schumacher did to Barrichello was the worst one for me, iirc the others were at slow speed, that one was flat out down the straight.
              Absolutely agree 100% with you , it was disgusting and deadly dangerous . Rubens had been more than decent to Schumacher for years even handing over race wins , remember when Rubens slowed at the finish line to let Schumacher take the win . Watch F1 series 4 on Netflix if you get a chance , some revealing background stuff there

Comment

Absolutely agree 100% with you , it was disgusting and deadly dangerous . Rubens had been more than decent to Schumacher for years even handing over race wins , remember when Rubens slowed at the finish line to let Schumacher take the win . Watch F1 series 4 on Netflix if you get a chance , some revealing background stuff there
                I remember Ruben's getting interviewed about that race where he was told to slow down. He had refused to do so and there followed an argument over the radio, whilst he was racing, about his contract and he was threatened with the sack, in the end he gave up the win.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

I remember Ruben's getting interviewed about that race where he was told to slow down. He had refused to do so and there followed an argument over the radio, whilst he was racing, about his contract and he was threatened with the sack, in the end he gave up the win.
                  That too in the 3rd race of the year lol.
                  Guts over Glory

Comment

Never really been a big fan of F1 but was pleased Max won the championship, the boring procession of Hamilton walking it in the best car has never been good for entertainment. Rivalries make sport so whichever side of the fence you sit on regarding the final race at least there was a battle right up until the final lap.
                    More of a motoGp man myself, bike racing still has an element of the best rider winning where it's a lot more about the man on the bike than the best machine winning.
                    Rossi, Marquez, Stoner & Lorenzo are the best riders of the past 20 years, in their dominant years they were simply untouchable.

Valentino Rossi is definitely my favourite sportsperson ever, he got some stick in the latter years but he did pick up a podium and whichever way you look at it he was in the top 15 riders in the world even during that period. Also what he's done with his VR46 rider academy is superb, he's a guy who really cares about his sport and the future of it.
                    "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

R.I.P. the legend that was Vic Elford , passed away yesterday aged 86 . Tha man who could drive anything and win in it from international rallies to F1 . Tremendous guy in all respects. He will be missed and will never be forgotten. Thanks for the memories Vic , you were unique

Comment

Rest in Peace Vic.
                        Guts over Glory

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                          Never really been a big fan of F1 but was pleased Max won the championship, the boring procession of Hamilton walking it in the best car has never been good for entertainment. Rivalries make sport so whichever side of the fence you sit on regarding the final race at least there was a battle right up until the final lap.
                          More of a motoGp man myself, bike racing still has an element of the best rider winning where it's a lot more about the man on the bike than the best machine winning.
                          Rossi, Marquez, Stoner & Lorenzo are the best riders of the past 20 years, in their dominant years they were simply untouchable.

Valentino Rossi is definitely my favorite sportsperson ever, he got some stick in the latter years but he did pick up a podium and whichever way you look at it he was in the top 15 riders in the world even during that period. Also what he's done with his VR46 rider academy is superb, he's a guy who really cares about his sport and the future of it.
                          It sure got boring seeing Ham win all the time. However bending the rules to make sure he loses was senseless. F1 at the core of it is still a sport and they killed it's spirit at Abu Dhabi.

I too like MotoGP better for the thrilling battles and I enjoy riding bikes more than driving a car if it's not just for the sake of commutation. I just hope MotoGP uplifts its production quality and make it accessible to people easier. But again it's easier said than done.
                          Guts over Glory

Comment

I am a Fan of F1, follow the Williams Racing Team. Got into F1 in the 1990's, when Williams won, with Nigel Mansell, Alan Prost, Damon Hill, and Jacques Villeneuve, winning Drivers Titles.
                            Watched the 'Drive to Survive' Series, enjoyed those. Recently been watching the Brawn Documentary. Worth watching, Keanu Reeves presents it well.

https://youtu.be/8Kzmy3YvwoQ?si=cJDLMxdZe6AFYI7z

Join the CUE, take a BREAK, have a REST. ⚪🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵🟣⚫

Comment

Working...
                            X