The Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Well, it's the first time in seven years that we started the Euroleague with two wins, so I would be quite happy with 2-1 after three rounds. But what an occasion tonight... I'm as excited as it gets.

The game against PAO has been sold out for almost a week, so we are expecting a record attendance of almost 13.000 people. And it was only a couple of months ago when it looked like the club would go bankrupt. How quickly things can turn around.

And after the game they are showing Partizan-Maccabi as well, another game I'm looking forward to. No way to watch Barca unfortunately.
    I wish we had had such a chance here

Unfortunately, basketball is left far behind the football in the country, but some improvements are here and there, so, hope never dies
    If I was given the chance to make a choice, I would probably go with Partizan-Maccabi as well
    All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

• Originally Posted by montoya10 View Post
      Unfortunately, basketball is left far behind the football in the country, but some improvements are here and there, so, hope never dies
      It's still better than having skiing showed down your throat all winter.

Comment

It's still better than having skiing showed down your throat all winter.
        I love winter sports, especially ski jumping, but we have no professional competitors in those sports..
        I shall go abroad and have a look into different countries one day, maybe, of course, if I ever get the chance to
        All the way Mark J!!

Comment

• Well, what can you say. Another overtime victory, again from the brink of defeat. I can't believe Diamantidis missed that final free throw, but he shouldn't have had the chance in the first place.

It will be a while until I can calm down again. Luckily, I can now watch the Partizan game in peace, as well as the rest of the Premier League evening.

Edit: Disappointing performance from Partizan, but I see Fenerbahce managed to win in Barcelona... I bet that was quite pleasant to watch.
          Last edited by Odrl; 5 November 2010, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Well, what can you say. Another overtime victory, again from the brink of defeat. I can't believe Diamantidis missed that final free throw, but he shouldn't have had the chance in the first place.

It will be a while until I can calm down again. Luckily, I can now watch the Partizan game in peace, as well as the rest of the Premier League evening.

Edit: Disappointing performance from Partizan, but I see Fenerbahce managed to win in Barcelona... I bet that was quite pleasant to watch.
            Looks like it was a fairytale night for both of us

I missed the Premier League action, but a win over Barcelona made my night and probably played the catalyst role in my attendance for Siena game next week
            All the way Mark J!!

Comment

Looks like it was a fairytale night for both of us
              Yeah, let's enjoy it while it lasts.

Incidentally, what do you make of the Batiste incident?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LRbS697-uQ

Personally, I don't think I've ever seen a more outrageous and despicable move on a basketball court. I hope he gets banned for a long time.

It's quite remarkable that Ožbolt was able to get back into the game, and even make some key plays towards the end.

Comment

Yeah, let's enjoy it while it lasts.

Incidentally, what do you make of the Batiste incident?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LRbS697-uQ

Personally, I don't think I've ever seen a more outrageous and despicable move on a basketball court. I hope he gets banned for a long time.

It's quite remarkable that Ožbolt was able to get back into the game, and even make some key plays towards the end.
                And let's hope that this winning trend continues

That foul is a good proof of unsportmanship, but sadly, I don't think Batiste will get much of a punishment for it, especially after Krstic had received a ban for two games for the chair incident..

If Batiste continues to play with such manner, one day, he will really come up against a player that will not let him get away with his dirty tricks, and although I'm against any out-of-game acts in basketball, I won't be crying if he gets koncked down at that time..

Below is the video of a fight in a game between Efes Pilsen and Fenerbahce:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sX2m...eature=related
                All the way Mark J!!

Comment

• I have got my ticket for the upcoming Siena game

We have a sell-out
                  All the way Mark J!!

Comment

I have got my ticket for the upcoming Siena game

We have a sell-out
                    I hope you enjoy the game. What's the capacity?

Comment

I hope you enjoy the game. What's the capacity?
                      Thank you, sir

Around 16.000, and it's a bit of a surprise to see such a great attendance for a basketball game. That Barcelona win really helped, though.
                      A nice surprise, indeed
                      All the way Mark J!!

Comment

Working...
                      X