north wales cases, market research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
    my answer is - 3/4 high jointed cues all round = shorter cases = less chance of scuffs = less wood = less leather = less suede = less glue = less thread = less postage costs = a better world all round (more hapy bunnies) ha ha
    May if we all went back to 2pc cues!
    2pc = shorter cases = less chance of scuffs = less wood = less leather = less suede = less glue = less thread = less postage costs = a better world all round
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

my answer is - 3/4 high jointed cues all round = shorter cases = less chance of scuffs = less wood = less leather = less suede = less glue = less thread = less postage costs = a better world all round (more hapy bunnies) ha ha[/QUOTE]

My answer - stop being lazy lol no seriously if possible a website that had an virtual case builder gizmos like wooldrige parris have for there cues. i know it's a bit ott but still an idea all the same.

Comment

Crispian , would you be able to make a slightly larger depth case rather than remove some of the padding ?
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

just to add that maybe using brushed chrome or chrome catches & hinges would give it a more modern look,

Comment

Originally Posted by ashbash View Post
            My answer - stop being lazy lol no seriously if possible a website that had an virtual case builder gizmos like wooldrige parris have for there cues. i know it's a bit ott but still an idea all the same.
            just so you know this is not a 'new' idea you've had, as i have been working on exactly this since the early stages of my virtual cue maker and it is called virtual case maker. furthermore, i spoke to crispian some time back about this, so watch this this space...

also, very interesting to read people's views on no straps. i remember when i introduced my range of cases, trade people said either:

"where's the straps?", "people expect straps", "oooh, i think you should do straps"

my answer - i don't like them, and i ain't doing it.

as it turned out, i was right. again.

of course, you're still gonna get some who like to see straps, but let's be honest, there really is no point (apart from the obvious of hiding joins in 3 pieces of leather)

straps, weight, protectors etc.. are not the biggest issue i am struggling with right now. it's hardware. quality catches and hinges are what will make a serious improvement.

i have tried many times to source something much better than what we see on just about all cases around today, with no success to date.

actually, does anyone know who produced the original silver fox case locks? as far as i'm concerned they are the nicest catches i have ever seen or used.

hang on, all this talk about catches has just given me a brilliant idea for a new locking mechanism.

gah! damn this brain! will it never let me rest...
            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
              just so you know this is not a 'new' idea you've had, as i have been working on exactly this since the early stages of my virtual cue maker and it is called virtual case maker. furthermore, i spoke to crispian some time back about this, so watch this this space...

also, very interesting to read people's views on no straps. i remember when i introduced my range of cases, trade people said either:

"where's the straps?", "people expect straps", "oooh, i think you should do straps"

my answer - i don't like them, and i ain't doing it.

as it turned out, i was right. again.

of course, you're still gonna get some who like to see straps, but let's be honest, there really is no point (apart from the obvious of hiding joins in 3 pieces of leather)

straps, weight, protectors etc.. are not the biggest issue i am struggling with right now. it's hardware. quality catches and hinges are what will make a serious improvement.

i have tried many times to source something much better than what we see on just about all cases around today, with no success to date.

actually, does anyone know who produced the original silver fox case locks? as far as i'm concerned they are the nicest catches i have ever seen or used.

hang on, all this talk about catches has just given me a brilliant idea for a new locking mechanism.

gah! damn this brain! will it never let me rest...

http://whittencases.com/The_Customs.html

Comment

I'm with you on that, my first case was a fire fox!!

The sliding latch mechanism on the locks was really good and sturdy.....!!
                Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                  Crispian , would you be able to make a slightly larger depth case rather than remove some of the padding ?
                  Sorry for the late reply neil !

i can do a deeper case, i done one for "dominic dale" once and he had a couple of old chunky extensions he wanted to fit in to it, i am planning on a few new tools for the workshop that will help to with shapping my own wood

Comment

Thanks for the reply . I think the issue appears to be with the new extensions and the thickness of the blue adjustable section .

Comment

Thanks for the reply . I think the issue appears to be with the new extensions and the thickness of the blue adjustable section .
                      lol. i didn't realise they were still going. there are slim ones available you know...
                      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

i think straps should be an option, i personally like to have straps of a contrasting colour to the case to bring it out a little bit

if they went lighter it would be better, a one pc double + a ski case to put it in takes quite a bit off the baggage allowance on flights.

i think 31 mm should be alright for a one pc slim case

i would prefer a logo on the handle.
                        RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Comment

Crispian

I currently have a stamford cue case a grest case but the most annoying thing about it is that there are 3 clasps and the one in the middle always comes undone. So either more clasps or the ones that have a double locking clip. (if you know what I mean) Oh and I never use the straps so don't bother but a definite requirement is a section with no dividers for chalk, tips etc.
                          Last edited by Cossie; 13 September 2011, 07:32 PM.
                          " For those of you in black & white, the blue is behind the yellow"

Comment

lol. i didn't realise they were still going. there are slim ones available you know...
                            I've got the new slimmer one , but it seems to force open slightly the catches . That's why i asked if Crispian could make them slightly deeper .

Comment

I've got the new slimmer one , but it seems to force open slightly the catches . That's why i asked if Crispian could make them slightly deeper .
                              i don't know how big the 'new' blue collar ones are but they were always too big which is why i stopped using them years ago. mine are as slim as a cue and fit in a case no problem. as are many others i have seen.

fyi, my new design telescopic will be available soon and they are also made more thoughtfully as regards size. not to mention, look cool, and work with a superior one handed locking mechanism instead of the outdated, tired, collar method.

regardless, makes more sense to source a slimmer extension than make a fatter case don't you think?
                              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

It does make sense to buy a slimmer extension but i'm not sure that JP does one as slim as yours Mike ........i was looking for an excuse to buy another cue case !

Will have a look on his website .

Comment

Working...
                                X