Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 days to the Eurovision Song Contest....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 days to the Eurovision Song Contest....

Anybody watching this? Best party night of the year, if you ask me.

I have much to prepare before my traditional drinking session with my mate for Eurovision. I have to get my costume ready. I have a Union Jack shirt I've had since I've been a teenager. That gets worn every year, but it gets added to. I now have one of those Union Jack hats they sell in Souvenir shops in London. Also, I have some Union Jack pants which will be worn over my trousers, Union Jack socks and a Union Jack tie. And a toy British Bulldog which gets used as a mascot. (He's called Briscoe after the character on Frasier.) Oh yes, and a cape with the St. George's flag on. All this will be worn on Saturday night, as we fill in scoresheets, drink fat amounts of alcohol, and cheer on an inevitable UK victory.

Looking forward to this one, people. My friend is coming to mine this time. Already got a bottle of wine in for them, but nearer the time I'll buy myself loads of lager and snacks. We'll probably order a takeaway. Fill in some scorecards, get drunk and laugh at the Europeans. Marvellous.

Anybody else doing anything similar?

Errrr, Nope.... LMAO..................

That can't be a serious post, surely?

Comment

Snookerfan is without question my favourite TSF poster.

So random, never dull.

We could have been close friends one day but I can never forgive him for badmouthing Steak!

Comment

I have always fancied down a Eurovision Song Contest party night. Not sure how serious people take them though

Comment

Song Contets is always a great evening if you have enough booze at hand

Comment

Originally Posted by Chrisbatty77 View Post
            I have always fancied down a Eurovision Song Contest party night. Not sure how serious people take them though
            I don't take it seriously. At all. My UK gear has been added to completely coincidentally. The Union Jack shirt was a present, the dog and the cape were won in a raffle. The only thing I purchased myself was the hat. Now every year my mum buys me an add-on for my birthday hence the socks, tie and pants of the Union Jack.

I see the same friend every year, we get horrendously drunk and have the same silly arguments. I give the UK top marks and the Germans 0-points every year but pretend I'm impartial. I also pretend I don't give full marks based on the attractiveness of the women singing.

In the right company, it can be a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
              Snookerfan is without question my favourite TSF poster.

So random, never dull.
              We could have been close friends one day but I can never forgive him for badmouthing Steak!
              Thanks man. I hope we can put the steak business behind us, lol.

Comment

10 days to the Eurovision Song Contest....

Snooker fan. Have you left yourself logged on by mistake??? Lol
                Always a pleasure

Comment

Naah, man. Best party night of the year.

Comment

I have purchased 12-cans of Becks Vier for £9 for the occasion. Nice little offer from Tesco there. Probably only get through about eight of them on the night.

Also a bottle of wine for my mate who is coming round.

Comment

I deliberately kept my score sheets from last year, so I could do a compare and contrast study next year. Unfortunately, when I had people round on Friday to aid me move some stuff around my flat they got accidentally thrown away. (Or deliberately by somebody who assumed they were rubbish. ) Anyway, I've sulked about it all weekend, but have finally found a spare hour in my busy schedule, and I have retrieved them. They've only touched other paper, so it's okay. And were pretty grim anyway, due to drink spillages on them.

What a rush though. When something that is of sentimental value gets lost, then you find it again.

Just had to tell somebody about it.

Comment

sad sad sad sad sad sad lol

Comment

I wasn't sad. I was well happy to find them. Made my weekened.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                            Anybody watching this? Best party night of the year, if you ask me.

I have much to prepare before my traditional drinking session with my mate for Eurovision. I have to get my costume ready. I have a Union Jack shirt I've had since I've been a teenager. That gets worn every year, but it gets added to. I now have one of those Union Jack hats they sell in Souvenir shops in London. Also, I have some Union Jack pants which will be worn over my trousers, Union Jack socks and a Union Jack tie. And a toy British Bulldog which gets used as a mascot. (He's called Briscoe after the character on Frasier.) Oh yes, and a cape with the St. George's flag on. All this will be worn on Saturday night, as we fill in scoresheets, drink fat amounts of alcohol, and cheer on an inevitable UK victory.

Looking forward to this one, people. My friend is coming to mine this time. Already got a bottle of wine in for them, but nearer the time I'll buy myself loads of lager and snacks. We'll probably order a takeaway. Fill in some scorecards, get drunk and laugh at the Europeans. Marvellous.

This actually did make me laugh out loud. The funniest thing I've read on this forum. And after getting 4 lots of crap news this morning (one truly sad) you have brightened up my afternoon. Thanks
                            :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by haggishunter View Post
                              This actually did make me laugh out loud. The funniest thing I've read on this forum. And after getting 4 lots of crap news this morning (one truly sad) you have brightened up my afternoon. Thanks
                              I'm glad you enjoyed. It only got bumped due to my climbing through garbage anecdote also on this thread.

You've reminded me. That Union Jack hat is coming apart. I had it on for the proms on Saturday, and I need a new one. With the British and Irish Lions touring next year, I have ample need for a new hat. I better get myself into London.

Comment

Working...
                              X