Perfect game at 65!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect game at 65!

On March 23 Ike Toews, 65, shot a 147 game(there were no flukes). I have never heard of someone getting a 147 at his age and am wondering if any of our knowledgeable snooker members know of anything similar. Who has the record for the oldest player to score 147, I wonder?

on Wikipedia it states that the oldest Professional to get a professional recognised max is Stephen Hendry at the WSC 2012 at the age of 43 yrs 99 days.
    non-pro? not sure if that will be noted anywhere specific.
    Joe Davis completed a max at the age of 54 in 1955.
    Last edited by DeanH; 2 April 2014, 08:09 AM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I,m sure Terry Parsons had one in his sixties , i will find out .

Comment

The only one for Terry Parsons I can find is a mention of a Max in Snooker Scene Sep 1989 when he would have been 53 or 54.

Comment

I thought he meant match or practice , i asked his grandson earlier and he thinks he was around the 60 mark

Comment

I was looking for any mention, i.e. match as well as witnessed practise
            not saying that he and/or others have not done a max at advanced age, just that they may not have been published

The oldest I have found mentioned is Bob Chandler in 1989 when is was 58.

Comment

Perfect game at 65!

IIRC TerryD said he has had a few maximums but can't remember when and what age, ?
              At the previous social club I was a member of there was the local story of an old man who used to play years ago getting a max and he was in his 70s. Only one person (I assume the opponent) witnessed it so not sure if that counts
              Obviously it was some years ago and both are now playing in the snooker hall in the sky.

Comment

I heard Jim Bear had a century a few years ago not sure if it was a perfect or just a century. Gauthierguy, are you related to the Gauthier family or just a fan? Welcome to to the forum!
                Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
                  I heard Jim Bear had a century a few years ago not sure if it was a perfect or just a century. Gauthierguy, are you related to the Gauthier family or just a fan? Welcome to to the forum!
                  I'm not related to Tom, but was fortunate enough to meet him a few times and buy a couple of cues from him. I really admire .his craftsmanship and have bought and sold a few of them. By the way, I just talked to Ike and asked him to send in a post about his big game, ( which was witnessed by nine people) as I thought some people would find interesting.

Comment

joe davis made his first aged 54 i think, but he made a few others in later life. I was once told by the owner of the hustler club in newcastle that they had a guy described as 'very old' who used to come in and clear the table with a rack cue and would happily beat the young upstarts. Also I think the father of the owner of the snooker club in falkirk- Bob McCabe? who must be 65 anyway plays with the sort of game if he is not making 147's i would be very surprised, he laminated me!
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

at any age its magical! i do know claude bernachez at 62 yrs young (all around player, snooker as well as on the 9ftrs ran a 147 against robidoux on 3 3/8ths template BCE with worn cloth! at 147snookerclub in montreal. with a parrot screaming in the background

Comment

Originally Posted by gauthierguy View Post
                        On March 23 Ike Toews, 65, shot a 147 game(there were no flukes). I have never heard of someone getting a 147 at his age and am wondering if any of our knowledgeable snooker members know of anything similar. Who has the record for the oldest player to score 147, I wonder?
                        That is fantastic, it gives. Hope to us all.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by gauthierguy View Post
                          Thanks for that. I've still got hope.
                          (I'd more then settle for a century).

Comment

what size table was this on?

thanks

Comment

Ike played his game at Kennedy Seniors Centre, which has 5x10 tables. Some people say that 5x10 tables are more difficult because of less room to maneuver, who knows?

Comment

Working...
                              X