Greatest fights of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest fights of all time

Hi - I love snooker like everyone on here but my other favourite sport is boxing as some of you already know.

The fight between the Pac man and the Money is coming up - maybe a few years overdue. I hope its a great fight and really cant wait - so in the meantime I thought I would put some of the greatest fights and fighters of all time on here see if you agree.

feel free to post your own and comment - I don't really have a favourite but these are some of the best I ever watched.

Enjoy.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Byrom; 26 April 2015, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Barerra v Morales
              Gatti v Ward

Great fights them, I love boxing but I'm gutted Mayweather ducked Manny until now
              It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

right that's all for now - loads more to post - if you must watch any fights watch these above but this thread is not just about boxing post any fights funny or otherwise - like this one that always made me laugh.

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                  Barerra v Morales
                  Gatti v Ward

Great fights them, I love boxing but I'm gutted Mayweather ducked Manny until now
                  yeah me too - I agree the Barerra v Morales was a great trilogy of fights too - don't think Mayweather Pac Man has any chance of being as good as any of the above fight - unless Mayweather stops being so defensive - personally I find his fights boring,

I can understand the skill he has - great counter puncher but I just don't think he does enough - I don't think he deserves his record either - I used to love watching Prince Naz because he was a great defensive in and out type of fighter who could hit from all angles - but generally Naz was far more exciting to watch with better movement and could attack better too.

Like I say - I don't think Mayweather is unbeaten really either - I remember watching him fight a guy called Jose Luis Castillo a number of years ago and he won the fight clearly for me - I thought it was fixed.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                    yeah me too - I agree the Barerra v Morales was a great trilogy of fights too - don't think Mayweather Pac Man has any chance of being as good as any of the above fight - unless Mayweather stops being so defensive - personally I find his fights boring,

I can understand the skill he has - great counter puncher but I just don't think he does enough - I don't think he deserves his record either - I used to love watching Prince Naz because he was a great defensive in and out type of fighter who could hit from all angles - but generally Naz was far more exciting to watch with better movement and could attack better too.

Like I say - I don't think Mayweather is unbeaten really either - I remember watching him fight a guy called Jose Luis Castillo a number of years ago and he won the fight clearly for me - I thought it was fixed.

I agree with you there I thought Castillo won as well,I also thought Oscar was unlucky to not get at least a draw as i thought he had done enough.
                    Floyd was a brilliant Super Featherweight but as soon as he stepped up in weight he became mega boring and clearly picked opponents who will make him look good and the ones who could have hurt him he avoided until they slowed down like Mosley.

Now Manny is a different kind of animal altogether,ducked nobody and went after the best and you could see in Morales face he new Manny was a machine, Floyd would never have faced Barrera or Morales then.

I expect Floyd might win on points but regardless of the result Manny will always be the better of the two imo as he fought the best when they were the best and in this era that's a very rare thing indeed.

Wibble

Comment

http://youtu.be/T08rzEhjmJM

Bit special this one!
                      VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                      Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                      Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                      Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
                        http://youtu.be/T08rzEhjmJM

Bit special this one!
                        This is my favourite fight ever, two brilliant warriors going at it non stop for the full fight

Wibble

Comment

can see it being a bit of a plod fest really, both past it now, prefer to see the new beed of fighters like kel brook, crolla etc...

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                            can see it being a bit of a plod fest really, both past it now, prefer to see the new beed of fighters like kel brook, crolla etc...
                            Past their prime maybe but still better than anything else out there in that division

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                              Past their prime maybe but still better than anything else out there in that division
                              which unfortunately shows how stale the division has been for ages.

Comment

Working...
                              X