Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love this interview of the Guvnor

Comment

Lost touch with boxing once it went to pay per view, was a big fan, Ray Leonard the best pound for pound boxer I ever saw, see him here take care of Dave 'boy' Green who was a bit of a one trick pony but had a hell of a right hand and knocked out many with it. Leonard takes three rounds to suss him and then, bang, it's all over with a devastating left hook right on the button.

I have no idea who Carl Froch or Joe Calzage or Floyd Mayweather are, never seen them fight as I will not put up for pay per view sport, but they can't be better than Leonard.

Comment

Wasn't it leonard in the no masse fight?

Comment

I don't think there will ever be a fight that beats Balboa v Creed.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
            I don't think there will ever be a fight that beats Balboa v Creed.
            Love the Rocky films but for the real stuff watch the fight I posted on gatti ward or the heavyweight fight with Forman or the Benn fight - then come back and say the same.

Golferson you mean Roberto Duran v Sugar Ray -and there have been some great fighters Calzagie was class - shame he never got to face Carl Froch
            I remember Dave Boy Green - lesser known but good punch I used to watch a fighter with great heart and a good dig called Colin Jones - great fighter but used to cut up just looking at a punch.

The best fighter I like watching at the minute is called Carl 'the Jackal' Frampton most of his fights are on normal TV and his manager the legend Barry McGuigan he is a world champion - this guy he fought recently was touted as a great fighter who the Americans thought would win here is what happened.

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
              Wasn't it leonard in the no masse fight?
              Yes in his second fight with Roberto Duran, Duran was sent to prison for quitting in that fight.

Duran is very similar to Pacquio in that he was unbeatable in his own weight division and he had to move up and fight bigger men to meet his match.
              It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Working...
              X