This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
    This forum was on a downward curve long before he appeared, along with a few others his posts were the only ones worth reading and i for one know this place is going to be much more dull without them
    he may not be everyone's cup of tea but sure made the forum alive and busy :biggrin-new: and i for one liked some of his rants, maybe people are too serious sometimes , as i no im not perfect like any other member , if he's pulling a fast one and wrote Banned him sen then hes done us again lol haha
    nonchalant sideways action amongst some very ignorant pokes :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
      Thank god he's gone, this forum IMO has been on a downward curve for a while now, I hardly post because of some of the trolls - good riddance.
      +1. How anyone could've found his posts interesting I don't know. Occasionally he would write something of worth, but generally it was attention seeking drivel.

Hopefully Kevin has booted him for good.
      #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

You had to take the blaster for who he was at the end of the day, he didn't seem malicious enough to take him too seriously, yes I had my ups and downs with him but iat the end he seem to grow on you a bit, but as Geordie said with out the lively characters on here the forum would send you asleep at times. His dried ash threads were getting very boring though

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
          You had to take the blaster for who he was at the end of the day, he didn't seem malicious enough to take him too seriously, yes I had my ups and downs with him but iat the end he seem to grow on you a bit, but as Geordie said with out the lively characters on here the forum would send you asleep at times. His dried ash threads were getting very boring though
          +1 Leo

Comment

he made me chuckle,fetch him back.admitted he talked a load of tosh most of the time but if that was the reason they wouldn't be many on here

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
              Deleted my post, staying away from the drama. It's a decent forum don't want to get banned again.
              disagree leo, its getting very lame as of late, best tip,best cue,best player yada yada .

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                This forum was on a downward curve long before he appeared, along with a few others his posts were the only ones worth reading and i for one know this place is going to be much more dull without them
                You are dead right it was on a downward curve before him, but he definitely helped in making this a place to avoid IMO. Might be a good guy personally, but tried to wind too many people up.

I think part of the problem with this forum is that people are sometimes too helpful, new or lurking members ask for advice, once they get it they are off. For example the guy asking about fibre ferrules, said he found them but couldn't be bothered to reply to my enquiry as to where he got them from. I always try to help, with any community you have to deposit as well as withdraw.

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                  disagree leo, its getting very lame as of late, best tip,best cue,best player yada yada .
                  don't get me wrong mate I love a bit of drama and most of the time I'm at the forefront. I forgive and forget my bust ups I've had on here because I know views will vary from poster to poster, its what makes a good forum at times.

Comment

He just didn't know when enough was enough. He had got so boring and had virtually turned it into a one man forum. Didn't bother me but as others have said it made folk stay away and stop posting because he would hi-jack every thread.

If he has gone for good the forum will be a better place without him but somehow I just don't think we've seen the end of old Master Bater
                    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                      To be honest there's not a lot left to say about snooker that hasn't already been said on this forum. Opinions differ I know, but the most annoying thing is the level of expertise some members place upon themselves and others based only on a few posts and pictures.

The cue thread is a perfect example, everyone and his gran is now a John Parris or Trevor White expert going over every ebay sale they can find. So what if people get ripped off with a fake, it's their own stupid fault looking for something special that is invariably just a tool to play a game with. Too much value placed upon some of these things, and as someone who has made a few cues in the past and has just bought a load of tools to enable me to do it better, you don't need to be a highly skilled craftsman to make a wooden tool with which one can pot balls with. The chinese and Thai's have proved that.

And IMO MB is/was ? the leading culprit in this cues/wood/craftsman what's best fiasco. Yes I joined in, but no more, fed up with it; find a cue you like and instead of ruminating over it and measuring the splices down to the last thousands of an inch for all and sundry on this forum, get on the table and play with it and tell us how your overall game and high break has improved because of it, and if it hasn't then shut up.

Anyone else remember the childrens tale of The Emperor's New Clothes ?

Comment

Originally Posted by ADW147CUEMAN View Post
                        he may not be everyone's cup of tea but sure made the forum alive and busy :biggrin-new: and i for one liked some of his rants, maybe people are too serious sometimes , as i no im not perfect like any other member , if he's pulling a fast one and wrote Banned him sen then hes done us again lol haha
                        Haha, agree with you there, the fact that there is this thread about him proves his popularity I suppose.
                        If he is banned bet he has another account - reading all this and having a bit of a giggle.

To blast or not to blast - that is the question hahaaaa

Comment

Good post, I think MB said a lot of things to wind people up and toy with them... and many fell for it too.
                          His air dried ash stuff got under the skin of many.

You are so right about the cues as well.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                            Haha, agree with you there, the fact that there is this thread about him proves his popularity I suppose.
                            If he is banned bet he has another account - reading all this and having a bit of a giggle.

lmao hahahaha :biggrin-new: i think your rite lol

Comment

Originally Posted by ADW147CUEMAN View Post
                              lmao hahahaha :biggrin-new: i think your rite lol
                              If you are watching : "Come back soon Blastero"

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post

popularity or notoriety? :wink:
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X