Brexit, in or out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    That's the media for you, they will put their own spin on it, both those acts were done by mentally ill people, whatever wagon they hitch their ideas to, it's just a way for them to justify their barbaric actions. For one it was religion the other hatred of foreigners, but in reality ,it was just awfull acts by ill people.
    And the muslim in Orlando who killed 50 people despite being a regular at the gay club where he carried out his atrocity. When it comes to the psychology of hate, those who hate most, hate the real and imagined aspects of others that they hate about themselves.

We have been in the EU since 1972/3, it hasn't boded well for the working classes of this country, our own politicians whisper their most restrictive legislative ideas through the offices of the EU commission, and if it comes out as law then the EU can be blamed.
    Vote leave and we will know for sure where the legislation comes from, and if we didn't vote for it we can kick the buggers out next time.

Gobalisation has made the rich super rich, the supposed drip down economic miracle hasn't happened, the third world have only been exploited by corporations as cheap labour and the working classes of the UK have been forgotten by a labour party who have turned into a neo conservative party for ethnic minorities, forgetting their roots and the reason they were formed in the first place.

Who, in the corridors of westminster speaks for us ? a dishevelled blonde bumbling posh tory who can articulate to those who know their place what they want to hear.
    What has this country come to.

Comment

• Will Scotland stay in the EU if England leaves? Will England become a 3rd world country? Probably so even though right now the UK is the 2nd largest economy in the EU but after leaving England would become just a small country with about 55 million people and a very weak currency and economy with no natural resources to speak of.

The leave campaign would have us believe Germany and France will jump at the opportunity to sign new trade agreements with England or the UK but we all know trade agreements take years to finalize and in the meantime German and French manufacturers will be seeking out other markets to sell their goods in and no one will be interested in buying British goods since Britain has nothing that can't be manufactured somewhere else, likely at a lower price and with the same quality.
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• It's all ready a 3 Rd world in areas terry,

Comment

• Brexit, in or out.

unless you have visited a true 3rd world country and really seen the conditions there, then I would not say even parts are 3rd world. Some maybe not nice and no-go areas that does not make them 3rd world, just crap with a populous unable/unwilling to fix or change it.

TD - Scotland is part of the UK (as they voted to remain part of the union a few years ago). It is the whole union voting this time (including dominions like Gibralter) so whatever the result the whole Union will be affected.

Remember when Scotland had their referendum if they had voted to split they would have been a new sovereignty country and would have been out of the EU, NATO, and UN as well and would have waited years to be recognised and allowed to join.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            unless you have visited a true 3rd world country and really seen the conditions there, then I would not say even parts are 3rd world. Some maybe not nice and no-go areas that does not make them 3rd world, just crap with a populous unable/unwilling to fix or change it.

TD - Scotland is part of the UK (as they voted to remain part of the union a few years ago). It is the whole union voting this time (including dominions like Gibralter) so whatever the result the whole Union will be affected.

Remember when Scotland had their referendum if they had voted to split they would have been a new sovereignty country and would have been out of the EU, NATO, and UN as well and would have waited years to be recognised and allowed to join.
            Agree with your comment to Jim regarding 3rd world countries. You have to actually visit one to realize the real difference.

I thought Scotland, although part of the UK, was an independent nation (which is why I never understood the referendum I guess). Separate legal system, currency and its own parliament and a few other things too. What is the difference between Wales and Scotland? In international sports events (including snooker) Scotland is always treated as a separate country and in snooker so is Wales, and it looks like in football too.
            Terry Davidson

Comment

• yep a weird situation with Scotland (and Wales, etc, etc) - we are a union and the United Kingdom of great Britain and Northern Ireland is the recognised country bye the EU and UN etc.
              They are not an "independent" country as recognised by UN,EU, but they are in terms of sport organisations.
              They have the same currency (as in Pound Sterling) but they have the licence to produce their own versions of (so we have Scottish notes) which are legal tender worldwide. They have their own "parliament" assembly (Wales also has an assembly)to decide local issues but not national issues, we can compare but not entirely the same like the US states having their own senators/congress, etc.
              In Canada, do the states have their own assemblies etc?
              Now I am not fully au-fait with all the ins-outs of the constitution of union of England & Scotland, and what they can or cannot do, etc; but they will be affected by the result of the Remain/Leave referendum as being part of the union.
              Last edited by DeanH; 19 June 2016, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Scotland and NI can't actually produce their own currency, all pounds sterling (ones you can actually touch) are issued by the Bank of England. Scottish and NI pounds just have different pictures on them, so the BoE gives permission to print a certain amount of notes with different pictures on them, but Scotland couldn't decide to introduce a few extra million pounds into the economy.

Physical currency only accounts for about 3 percent of money these days, the rest is just numbers in different bank accounts.

Comment

• It's quite scary when you look into how money actually works, fractional reserve banking , is enough to make a grown man cry. its just a big daft numbers game, where most of those numbers are just an illusion.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• DeanH:

All provinces (not states) in Canada have their own legislature and pass laws which effect the province only, but they have wide latitude but cannot print money but do have their own legal systems. Quebec's laws are based on the French model.

Jonny66:

Scottish bank notes do say 'Bank of Scotland' on them but maybe it is under license. Never heard of NI Pounds though.
                    Terry Davidson

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                      DeanH:

All provinces (not states) in Canada have their own legislature and pass laws which effect the province only, but they have wide latitude but cannot print money but do have their own legal systems. Quebec's laws are based on the French model.

Jonny66:

Scottish bank notes do say 'Bank of Scotland' on them but maybe it is under license. Never heard of NI Pounds though.
                      cheers Terry
                      You get several Scottish banks, Bank of Scotland, Royal Bank of Scotland, and Clydesdale Bank have licence to issue their own notes, licence from the Bank of England I believe, through The Committee of Scottish Bankers (CSCB).
                      Also, Northern Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man, as well a few other Overseas Territories can produce their own design "Sterling" notes.

the way I see it, it is just another way of governments making money

sorry :wink:
                      Last edited by DeanH; 19 June 2016, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• I would like to say, whatever the vote, I hope with all my heart this is the end of UKIP and their nonsense, if it's remain surely they are done for,and if it's leave they have no purpose as its their only point in existing.
                        Last edited by itsnoteasy; 19 June 2016, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• this should help shed some light on the subject
                          https://youtu.be/xMuUEd6w54E

Comment

• I prefer this.

https://youtu.be/iAgKHSNqxa8
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                              #
                              Vote leave and we will know for sure where the legislation comes from, and if we didn't vote for it we can kick the buggers out next time.
                              And that will happen, as we saw when the Thatcher government fell after just one term...oh.

Well at least we didn't follow a Tory-led coalition with a Tory majori...oh.

Comment

• The only thing I have against everyone from Europe telling us to stay is, we are one of the biggest cash cows they have, even after rebates etc. I have this nagging feeling that's all they want us for, lets face it ,even our folk who want to stay, just constantly moan about it, if we weren't such a massive contributer do you think they would be that fussed if we left ?I think they would be glad to get rid of us but they know they are near enough bankrupt with our money, so without it they are right up the creek. The other point I feel is they are scared to let anyone leave( just like they did with Greece) it's like tipping the first domino, the rest will follow, ( and to be honest I'm not sure at all if that's a good thing and of all the reason to vote remain, it's the biggest pull for me)we aren't the only country that doesn't think it's workable. Originally the EU idea was a great one, to trade together and through this to bring stability to Europe, but as with most things we just can't leave it alone and it's just a mess heading for the inevitable economic meltdown and that could cause more trouble than anyone can imagine. Is it best to cut our loses ,take the hit, which will come,( not fussed what the markets do, they act like an elephant that has just seen a mouse all the time, overreaction followed by settlement within a month) but build for a different future, it really is a tough one to call.

Comment

Working...
                                X