X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, this apparently is the brave new dawn Boris envisages:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...rope--and-alw/

"We'll have closer co-operation with Europe"

"British people will still be able to go and work in the EU; to live; to travel; to study; to buy homes and to settle down."

"There will continue to be free trade and access to the single market."

"the Government will be able to take back democratic control of immigration policy, with a balanced and humane points-based system to suit the needs of business and industry."

So he appears to believe we can have free access to the EU without any of the legislation or fees we required as members, while simultaneously preventing people coming here in the same way.

If he can manage that, he should immediately move on to settle the crisis in the Middle East.

But then Boris is a liar, and always had been - he used to lie about the EU as a journalist, then he got sacked from the Times for making up a quote and lying about it. Then he got sacked from the Tory party for lying. He doesn't change - you just have to hope someone, somewhere will shove him out the way and get the best deal we can hope for.
    Last edited by gavpowell; 26 June 2016, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Like people have said the 350 was a load of rubbish,it works out about 10 million a wk.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
        Like people have said the 350 was a load of rubbish,it works out about 10 million a wk.
        Err, it's about 150 million a week, give or take the odd 10 million as it varies year-on-year.
        Last edited by gavpowell; 26 June 2016, 11:35 PM.

Comment

• Luckily my dads dog was bought in Ireland so i can get an Irish passport and i'm sorted, not that i'm selfish or anything
          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Terry Davidson, You I take it don't live or have a vote in Britain so you have no idea what the British public in the main think of the EEC so stick to what you do know about mate, that is buying £1000 cues off English conmen.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jimmymoller View Post
              Terry Davidson, You I take it don't live or have a vote in Britain so you have no idea what the British public in the main think of the EEC so stick to what you do know about mate, that is buying £1000 cues off English conmen.
              Do you have any proof of this ??

Comment

you have no idea what the British public in the main think of the EEC
                He seems to know it hasn't been called the EEC for nearly 25 years.

Comment

Terry Davidson, You I take it don't live or have a vote in Britain so you have no idea what the British public in the main think of the EEC so stick to what you do know about mate, that is buying £1000 cues off English conmen.
                  ??
                  are you a long-time ex-pat?
                  EEC stopped being used in 1993 after the Maastricht Treaty
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Now here's an AUSSIE telling what I shouldn't have an opinion on and slating me for buying expensive cues even though my last expensive cue was 3 years ago and I'm still using my MW cue and loving it. C U Jimmy, I lived in England for some years and am married to a Scot so I have a lot of interest in Brexit or as it now appears to be, BREGRET.
                    Terry Davidson
                    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Besides which Jimmy so far Brexit has cost me personally a lot of money and if the pound continues to drop it will cost me more, so of course I have an interest. The pound continues to drop today and Scotland still wants another referendum but now more 'leave' voters are re-thinking their choice (except for Jim Evans of course),
                      Terry Davidson

Comment

• What I find amazing is all the pollies are deserting in droves leaving no one to steer the ship. I do not think anyone knows what to do. Even I new that the pound and the stock market would get hammered if the leave side won.

Comment

• Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
                          What I find amazing is all the pollies are deserting in droves leaving no one to steer the ship. I do not think anyone knows what to do. Even I new that the pound and the stock market would get hammered if the leave side won.
                          I must admit, when they announced on polling night that the markets were up 9% or whatever based on the certainty we were staying in, I was all set to ask how the hell they knew. Then it turned out they didn't.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Wity.
                            Have you not got a Financial Adviser Terry? The old adage of stick it in gold when uncertainty rises it's head invariably pays off.
                            Did for me anyways, think I'll buy me half a dozen of Woolys cues with the profits I hear he makes decent cues and if they aint well the local school needs some safe practice javelins.
                            There wasn't a thing I could do as my investments are in North American bonds and stocks. I guess I could have switched to gold which has risen a lot since the Brexit vote but I think the North American market s will recover and I'm hoping oil recovers a bit. So far I'm down around $6K or more but it normally fluctuates a bit anyway.
                            Terry Davidson

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                              So far I'm down around $6K or more but it normally fluctuates a bit anyway.
                              Sell a couple of salacious stories about Thorburn - you'rebound to break even!

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                                Well, this apparently is the brave new dawn Boris envisages:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...rope--and-alw/

"We'll have closer co-operation with Europe"

"British people will still be able to go and work in the EU; to live; to travel; to study; to buy homes and to settle down."

"There will continue to be free trade and access to the single market."

"the Government will be able to take back democratic control of immigration policy, with a balanced and humane points-based system to suit the needs of business and industry."

So he appears to believe we can have free access to the EU without any of the legislation or fees we required as members, while simultaneously preventing people coming here in the same way.

If he can manage that, he should immediately move on to settle the crisis in the Middle East.

But then Boris is a liar, and always had been - he used to lie about the EU as a journalist, then he got sacked from the Times for making up a quote and lying about it. Then he got sacked from the Tory party for lying. He doesn't change - you just have to hope someone, somewhere will shove him out the way and get the best deal we can hope for.
                                Good post Gav. Read the whole thing and it appears to me the Brexiteers are now saying 'we were just joking, we never really meant it'. Boris is trying to make it appear less serious than it is and I very much doubt the rest of the EU will be very accommodating to give the UK the same trade benefits it had as a member of the EU.

We use the points system in Canada and if an employer wants to hire someone from overseas he has to prove he can't find a Canadian to do the work. I believe Australia is much the same and New Zealand is tighter. The same system could be instituted in Britain I suppose but the real guilty party surrounding the cheap labour market are the firms who hire them at less than standard wages, but of course the labourers themselves get the blame from the British public.
                                Terry Davidson

Comment

Working...
                                X