No announcement yet.

Brexit, in or out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondered why you were so worried terry,not realy giving a toss realy about old uk

Comment

• Originally Posted by Wity.
      Britain has as far as we have been told these last 40 years now been the 2nd biggest contributor to Europe behind Germany every single year and in that time I like every other Joe Public has never seen any list showing what we have got back for it year in year out. So it should be of no surprise that an average working mug like me has constantly believed we have been on a loser every single year.
      We joined mainly because we were scared of food shortages and the only solution we were told was to join. Food shortages soon became food surplus's not because of the union but because of advances in farming chemicals and the like yet we have still been pouring millions into it with the real beneficiaries being the poorer countries the fat cats of Brussels and our own expenses fiddling politicians.
      Once out of it not only will we have those contributions in our control but we can also point out to the rest of Europe that we import far more than we export to it so threaten us with this tariff or that and our retaliation will hurt Europe far far more. They will see Europe needs us far more than we need it.
      Britain under new management looking after British interests first is what we voted for so stop yer whining and get behind UKIP so our kids can hope to have the future we were once looking forward to ourselves.
      Hear, hear!
      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Hear hear to the last couple of posts,not that fussed about ukip cos don't think they would have the capability to run a country.

Comment

• yeap agree with same points, although jim if wasnt for ukip doubt we would have had referendum as it was them who kept pressure on. Now we out of EU dunno whats left for ukip as that was reason behind the party.
          Do hope we can pull together though, get our industries back and be great again.

Comment

• Yes hope something good happens,Joe public beenraped by successive governments s 80s.

Comment

• The plunging markets are only temporary, it always happens.
              I can see the EU tightening up the free movement of people rule to stop others wanting their own referendums. It was good when there were only the six, then the nine, but letting in these dirt poor ex communist block countries was tantamount to EU sanctioned cheap labour for the 30,000 business lobbyists in Brussels.
              Farage says he saw it coming in 2004 when Poland and Lithuania's restrictions on free movement were lifted, then Rumania, next Albania, Macedonia and Turkey. North africans with mobile phone access to the internet want a piece of the action as well, those Syrian refugees coming to europe are the ones who can afford to pay the people smugglers, the poor are in camps in Lebanon and Jordan waiting to go home when it all ends.

It's alright for Terry to moan about his investments but the Canada, US, Mexico trade deal doesn't include free movement of people, no hundreds of thousands of dirt poor mexicans shuffling across the Canadian border taking all the unskilled work.
              The UK has had this for 12 years now, 180,000 last year alone.

There are passports, border controls, import tariffs for a reason, to protect each countries population from such a quiet invasion.
              Globalisation works only for the rich, now they are super rich while the west's working classes have been marginalised and the third worlds poor have been used as slave labour in sweat shops to provide goods cheap enough for the the west's working classes on minimum wage and welfare to afford.

Henry Ford paid his workers $5 a day in 1919, double what others were earning, that attracted the best workers to his car plant raising standards and productivity, that also enabled those workers to afford to buy what they were producing. His competitors had to do the same or lose their best workers to Ford. This kick started the consumer society, but what do we get now, the bloody opposite, every new job advertised states 'meets minimum wage'.
              It's why are we deep in sh1t creek after 14 years of cheap eastern european labour and 30 years of globalisation while there are more billionaires than there ever were milionaires. Ferrari, Aston Martin, Bugatti, Rolls Royce, Bentley all doing great while BHS goes down the pan because all we can afford is Primark clothes and Pound Shop bargains.

This vote wasn't about xenophbia or racism, it's a vote that we've had enough, time for Corbyn to actively throw out the Blairites and surround himself with like minded people, he was on the wrong side in the EU campaign, he knows it now, and it could be too late.
              Last edited by vmax4steve; 27 June 2016, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Britain has as far as we have been told these last 40 years now been the 2nd biggest contributor to Europe behind Germany every single year and in that time I like every other Joe Public has never seen any list showing what we have got back for it year in year out. So it should be of no surprise that an average working mug like me has constantly believed we have been on a loser every single year.
                We joined mainly because we were scared of food shortages and the only solution we were told was to join. Food shortages soon became food surplus's not because of the union but because of advances in farming chemicals and the like yet we have still been pouring millions into it with the real beneficiaries being the poorer countries the fat cats of Brussels and our own expenses fiddling politicians.
                Once out of it not only will we have those contributions in our control but we can also point out to the rest of Europe that we import far more than we export to it so threaten us with this tariff or that and our retaliation will hurt Europe far far more. They will see Europe needs us far more than we need it.
                Britain under new management looking after British interests first is what we voted for so stop yer whining and get behind UKIP so our kids can hope to have the future we were once looking forward to ourselves.
                Apart from the UKIP bit , which baffles me completely, you think Gideon, Borris and Gove are right wing , UKIP are about two hundred yards past them, this is spot on. Every media outlet ,a fair amount of Tory and UKIP ( obviously) politicians have spent decades telling us the EU is hopeless , and is destroying our country, from daft things like straight bananas, through to serious things like immigration, we have been told it's all down to them and we would do things differently if we could. Then most of the same politicians and media give us a chance to vote on it and try and convince us it's now great and we should stay, well for me they brought it on themselves.
                They still don't get it, yesterday Corbyn was prattling on about the vote being nothing to do with immigration numbers, it was lack of investment by the Tory government, the London political bubble just hasn't got a clue.
                The Leave campaign promises have just about imploded, and the more I see of them the more I'm convinced they didn't expect to, or indeed want to win.
                The poster of the 350 million was produced right at the start and explained within a few hours, personally I think they should have chucked it, but let's not pretend that was the only lie, or do you not remember, it will lead to world war three if we leave, it will lead to the complete break up of Europe, every family will be £4,298 a year worse off, even the treasury told Gideon to stop using this as it was false. Article 50 will be triggered immediately if we vote to leave, there will be an emergency budget straight after a leave vote, oh and I'm not stepping down ,no matter what the result is , these are just a few Lies by remain off the top of my head.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• For me the world changed with the invention of the term trickle down economics, it just doesn't work, as the top 1% got richer, they just kept it.

Comment

Britain has as far as we have been told these last 40 years now been the 2nd biggest contributor to Europe behind Germany every single year and in that time I like every other Joe Public has never seen any list showing what we have got back for it year in year out.
                    Did you try actually looking for it? It's all published.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...15.pdf#page=22

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/po...wales-11527889

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36561084

And no, I won't be supporting UKIP, because Farage's attitude to many things repels me, including his idea that health and safety legislation is a bad idea.
                    Last edited by gavpowell; 27 June 2016, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• I see the last link says we recieved 5% of all EU spending, yet the Germans came out today and said because we have left Europe has lost 15% of its total budget, so look like we are still well ahead of the game.
                      This is quite interesting and doesn't seemed slanted towards one side or tuther.
                      https://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-m...ee-55-million/
                      Last edited by itsnoteasy; 27 June 2016, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                        Wondered why you were so worried terry,not realy giving a toss realy about old uk
                        Not right Jim. I have many British friends and relatives who are worried about what leaving the EU will mean. My investments will recover unless you've triggered a global financial meltdown with your 'leave' vote over Muslim immigration. There are always side effects and an astute voter should do a little research, not publish a Daily Express report that 25M Turks are going to emigrate to the UK. Do you actually think the Daily Express even did a survey? Probably interviewed 10 Turks outside the Turkish embassy in London and 5 of them were intending to emigrate anyway.
                        Terry Davidson
                        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                          Not right Jim. I have many British friends and relatives who are worried about what leaving the EU will mean. My investments will recover unless you've triggered a global financial meltdown with your 'leave' vote over Muslim immigration. There are always side effects and an astute voter should do a little research, not publish a Daily Express report that 25M Turks are going to emigrate to the UK. Do you actually think the Daily Express even did a survey? Probably interviewed 10 Turks outside the Turkish embassy in London and 5 of them were intending to emigrate anyway.
                          Nothing to do with Muslim immigration Terry, you are getting mixed up , it's mass uncontrolled immigration from the Euro zone ,who they are or what imaginary friend they have makes no difference.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            Nothing to do with Muslim immigration Terry, you are getting mixed up , it's mass uncontrolled immigration from the Euro zone ,who they are or what imaginary friend they have makes no difference.
                            Jim Evans posted on FB a lot regarding Muslim immigration and said that's why he voted to leave. One article on 25M Muslim Turks was especially wrong. Jim believes Sheffield is quickly turning into a totally Muslim city.
                            Terry Davidson

Comment

• Something for the 'leave' voters to think about (not me but a blog from Red Robot)

On Friday morning, I was given notice that my EU citizenship will be taken away.

The house in the sun – the one that I planned to retire to – is no longer for sale. My 2-year-old son will no longer be allowed to move freely through the EU when he grows up, as I was fortunate enough to do in my 20s.

The house that I am sitting in will lose 18% of its value. The food in my kitchen will cost 10% more. My country’s economy was 5th in the world; it is now 6th. And we have yet to see how far it will sink tomorrow.

The Scottish friends I have will now build a border between us. My friends in Ireland face a return to violence and conflict. (I saw terrorist violence in the UK when I was a child. It terrified me then, as it terrifies me now.)

Bitter? Angry? Resentful? You bet.

And do you know why this has happened?

Because two men plotted to shoehorn the Prime Minister out of office. They expected that they would lose a referendum, and gain power themselves, by stirring up a dissatisfied minority. They thought this was a brilliant plan. A gamble worth taking. Because – surely – the British public could not be so naive to believe what they said.

Unfortunately, they underestimated how successful they would be.

We have watched them lie, ignite xenophobia, spread hollow patriotism and promise money they will not have. They used desperate refugees as a weapon. They promised minuscule immigration figures that cannot be achieved without forfeiting free trade.

And let’s not forget that an MP was murdered by someone who shouted “freedom for Britain“. A sentiment that is so close to being an official slogan that it brings tears of rage to my eyes.

People tried to warn others what would happen if they won. People shared statistics from economists, world leaders and professors in EU law. And you know what the two men said?

“Don’t trust experts”.

These two idiots won the campaign they didn’t really want to win, by the smallest of margins, via a campaign based on a tissue of lies. We lost science funding. Regional funding. Cultural connections to our neighbours.

And now, people want me to be happy about it, and move on with my life.

No.

The night before the result, all of my friends confirmed they had placed a remain vote. Including one of my best friends, an Australian immigrant. We looked at the bookies’ odds. We were cautiously optimistic. We drank beer and crossed our fingers. We, the people who voted remain, are European. Most of us have had EU citizenship from the day we were born.

People who do not care much about the EU thought the vote was about something else, because they were told nothing bad would happen. These people took away the things we cared so much about. Our right to the future we had planned. Based on a lie. Based on hate. Based on nothing.

And now, do you know why the people who ran Vote Leave are so quiet?

They didn’t want to win. They didn’t expect to. They have no plan. No safety net. No strategy. No idea of what happens tomorrow morning.

So: we have no government. The opposition party is eating itself alive, because vile opportunists have been waiting for this moment for months. No politician wants to trigger Article 50, because they will split our country into three pieces within seconds. Scotland is itching to go. Businesses are pulling out of contracts. Grown men are shouting racist comments at 10-year-olds.

Those two men knew this would happen. But they gambled on it anyway.

And now, people want me to be happy about it. And move on with my life. And “make Britain great again”.

Because we “got our country back”. Apparently.

You know what?

You got your country back. You are welcome to it. By the time this sorry story has played out, there will not be anything left of it for the rest of us.
                              Terry Davidson

Comment

• I think the older you get the grumpier you become tel lol

It will all blow over soon markets don't like uncertainty but they will soon regain in value and I think they will negotiate to let the uk enter the single market in exchange for freedom of movement and we will all realise this vote changes nothing and is a complete waste of money and time.

Democracy is a myth I don't trust any politician. They are just yes men and women representing the big business and institutions that really run the show.
                                Last edited by Byrom; 28 June 2016, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X