Brexit, in or out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Wity.
    My next door neighbour popped round last night to tell me he's leaving.

Shame he's a nice guy, cant speak a word of English and I was doing so well at teaching him BSL

Hassan is his name. He and his son came over here hanging on for grim life under a lorry 2 years ago We talk mainly by hand guestures and a mobile phone translation app.
    Only been here about 6 weeks having moved out of a multi story block the council put him in when he was granted asylum. He's now off to Nottingham on the 15th where he has a couple of brothers. And he's chuffed too that his wife (dunno about his other 3 kids) has been gramted entry so for the first time in two years they'll be together.

Dam I was getting a taste for his syrian coffee.
    Ah well perhaps the next tenant is Indian like the one before. All them home made curries yum yum.

So why am I telling you lot this?

Not really sure why other than to say here I am a 58 year old Englishman, ex skinhead who used to sing "whose going Paki bashing tonight" at the footy. Who's obviously growm up simce 1969 and has quite a few Indian friends but has at every oppertunity voted for any Tom Dick or Harry who says he wants us out of Europe and until UKIP came around thats usually meant voting for some ******** National Front candidate.
    Wasted votes? Not really I class it as a proterst vote. Labour gets in here every single time by a mile I just hate being in Europe so much.

UKIP may not be the perfect party to lead us on but this vote we have had surely proves Conservatives and Labour definatly are not.
    Welcome back fella - I see you have not lost your 'finesse' as it were!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
      The google phone app is just a different interface for google search. so let me google that for you:
      http://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+england+a+muslim+country%3F

5% of the population. So the answer to that would be "No, it's a country with Muslims in it."
      Do it as I said,you get a spoken ans.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
        "This is the last '**** you' from the baby boomers. They took the secure corporate and government jobs with the guaranteed pay rises and final salary pension schemes and benefited from property they bought cheap and sold dear. They burnt the bridges behind them by colluding with the dismantling of the very things that had brought them prosperity. Their last act will be to burn the economy before they die" Harsh but fair?
        I've been reading that shiit all week on the guardian's website. What a bunch of girls.

You lost. Deal with it.

As for the elderly, there was some stupid bint on the wireless the other day suggesting 16 year olds should be allowed the vote, but 70 year olds should not. Truly, you could not make it up.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
          As for the elderly, there was some stupid bint on the wireless the other day suggesting 16 year olds should be allowed the vote, but 70 year olds should not. Truly, you could not make it up.
          In the case of the referendum, the argument was that it's about th future, and the majority of pensioners have a limited interest in the future. I agree it's a daft idea though - if nothing else, you might forfeit the vote at 70 and live to 110.

Comment

In the case of the referendum, the argument was that it's about th future, and the majority of pensioners have a limited interest in the future. I agree it's a daft idea though - if nothing else, you might forfeit the vote at 70 and live to 110.
            Exactly. folk were saying over 65's shouldn't be allowed to vote, but then why draw the line there ? if your 63 do you vote but not a few years later ?

What about 59 year olds ? It's the thin end of the wedge if we start going down that road. Very Logan's run, and not in a good way. .

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
              .... Very Logan's run, and not in a good way. .
              Bring on the Carousel 😆

Comment

• When the old IQ drops below 100, no vote. If it never reaches 100, no vote. Complex issues require at least the average intelligence level. Personally, no vote below 140. Leave it to an intelligent elite I say.

Leave made promises they've already broken before they can even be carried out (the NHS will get zero extra in a recession). Remain said the markets would dive and we'd end up poorer, after a recession. Looks like that's on course now. So it wasn't project fear, it was fear of economic suicide. That suicide is occuring. This is a fact.

There should be a 2nd ref based on the lies told as Branson points out. But if there isn't, don't complain that you didn't get the deal Leave promised you, a ref is only advisory. What the govt. sorts out is all about compromise at the negotiations, whenever they begin (I heard we only have 12 trade negotiators and need over a hundred, ooops). It certainly won't be everything Leave want and there certainly will be continued movement of people and EU regulations because that's what the EU want. Remember, the EU know we can't go to the end of the 2yrs and bluff. If that happens we are out and under WTO rules, everything in and out is tarriffed at 10% extra. This would bankrupt us. So in short, the EU have the cards, because we are not of equal size and we need them more than they need us. They take nearly half our exports but we only import a few per cent of theirs, so they can take the hit, we can't and they know it. Countries like Norway, Switzerland and Canada have all bent over for them, they have power.

Europeans are more sensible, the won't buy our tariffed cars. But being daft, we'll still buy theirs + tariff; especially if all the out folk including Farage are already driving foreign cars. And we'll still import our food from the EU, because it doesn't grow here too well.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                  I've been reading that shiit all week on the guardian's website. What a bunch of girls.

You lost. Deal with it.

One minute we should celebrate old folk, they fought a world war so you can have the right to at least have a vote, but when they don't do as they are told, it's now, what the hell do they know, what right have they got to have their say, makes me feckin sick, no respect. At least these people have paid in all their lives, contributed to the country, wtf has a sixteen year old ever done, where is their contribution? I would take the vote off anyone who came up with that idea
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

What? I'd say there's no group with more of an eye on the future than pensioners. Time is precious for them, and they are extremely vulnerable. Disgusting how we try to air brush older people from our society. Good for them for standing up for themselves.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                      When the old IQ drops below 100, no vote. If it never reaches 100, no vote. Complex issues require at least the average intelligence level. Personally, no vote below 140. Leave it to an intelligent elite I say.

Leave made promises they've already broken before they can even be carried out (the NHS will get zero extra in a recession). Remain said the markets would dive and we'd end up poorer, after a recession. Looks like that's on course now. So it wasn't project fear, it was fear of economic suicide. That suicide is occuring. This is a fact.

There should be a 2nd ref based on the lies told as Branson points out. But if there isn't, don't complain that you didn't get the deal Leave promised you, a ref is only advisory. What the govt. sorts out is all about compromise at the negotiations, whenever they begin (I heard we only have 12 trade negotiators and need over a hundred, ooops). It certainly won't be everything Leave want and there certainly will be continued movement of people and EU regulations because that's what the EU want. Remember, the EU know we can't go to the end of the 2yrs and bluff. If that happens we are out and under WTO rules, everything in and out is tarriffed at 10% extra. This would bankrupt us. So in short, the EU have the cards, because we are not of equal size and we need them more than they need us. They take nearly half our exports but we only import a few per cent of theirs, so they can take the hit, we can't and they know it. Countries like Norway, Switzerland and Canada have all bent over for them, they have power.

Europeans are more sensible, the won't buy our tariffed cars. But being daft, we'll still buy theirs + tariff; especially if all the out folk including Farage are already driving foreign cars. And we'll still import our food from the EU, because it doesn't grow here too well.
                      Bloody hell, that didn't take long...

Comment

• Twenty percent of all cars produced in Germany are exported to the UK, how many thousands of jobs would go if they stopped exporting to us? I doubt there is any company that could survive a twenty percent drop in their exports without massive cost cutting, which means jobs and factories closing.
                        I would also add the UK, is the biggest single export market for European goods and services,in the whole world.
                        Last edited by itsnoteasy; 29 June 2016, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• When these 16 year olds grow up they will realise that human beings are not all lovely and amazing like all their lovely amazing friends at school and on facebook.
                          Once they loved and lost a few times, had the bosses cock up their arses for a few years and face yet another day at the coalface after no sleep due to the baby crying all night they will come to understand that life isn't rosy at all, it's a series of struggles until one day you die.

Besides what the hell have they contributed to this economy apart from bolstering the mobile phone networks ?

And for those who don't understand the queens english, can and could don't mean definitely will, especially when coming from the mouth of a politician.

Comment

• Brexiters, what cars do you drive then?

Comment

• Toyota and a merc minibus.

Comment

• Nissan and Honda.
                                I see the markets are higher now than before the vote, doesn't mean anything except to prove the point of not listening to those parasites .
                                Last edited by itsnoteasy; 29 June 2016, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X