Brexit, in or out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    It sure looks like some people are wearing rose tinted glasses with regards to leaving the EU. It wasn't a majority of British people who voted to leave but rather around 36% or so. Tell me how that's a majority unless you only consider the one vote. One vote is not democracy by any definition.

The BS from Brexit about pulling together to make Britain great again is really just dreaming. Christ, even Boris has decided to desert the British ship and perhaps there's a message there for the leavers. It's just not viable. How in hell can the average British person 'work together' to make Britain great again?
    Boris was pushed he didn't jump Terry. Gove knifed him in the back. You can say a lot of bad things that are true about Boris, but claiming he has deserted just isn't true.( unless it's all changed since I last looked at the news ,it's hard to keep up just now)
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• I'd personally vote for "itsnoteasy"

Comment

• Don't listen to anything I say, it's all nonsense .

Comment

• Wernt of my own then,lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            Don't listen to anything I say, it's all nonsense .
            Nahh man, if this was an election you'd get my vote.
            ( Bung me a few quid like ).

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
              Nahh man, if this was an election you'd get my vote.
              ( Bung me a few quid like ).
              Well if I give everyone a tenner and I need seventeen million votes, oh heck I better start saving

Comment

• BJ is an idiot. He didn't need to join Leave to become PM. He made a video extolling the virtues of Turkey joining the EU a few years back, slipped your mind Leavers? All he had to do was support Remain (he favours free movement and a single market anyway) and then fence off against Osbourne once Camo had quit in about 2018. He would have easily beaten Osbourne and May etc would not have stood, staying loyal to the chancellor. But now, if he doesn't make it, he'll be the next Redwood. Silly Boris.

Comment

• Just out of curiosity you had a referendum to leave the eu did you have one when you joined the eu or was this forced on the people by your pollies

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    Well if I give everyone a tenner and I need seventeen million votes, oh heck I better start saving
                    Sh1t, when you put it like that - its not going to be easy <<< how clever of me lols

Comment

• We did have a referendum to enter the EU.

I think it's only 50/50 that we'll leave. May is talking about 2017 to push the button, we also chair a euro convention next Summer so we'd need to get that out the way as well. After that, it could take about 7yrs, the time it took Canada to do their EU trade deal. We'd need an extension from all 27 nations beyond the 2yr time limit. May is against a GE before 2020 but her as PM would have no legitimacy as we all know in reality people elect a political govt. not MPs. Most Brits couldn't even name their MP. And if a GE is called, the LDs have a strong chance of sweeping up the pro-EU vote and it's in the mixer again. On top of that, Sturgeon and the Sco Parliament have to sign off leaving the EU at Holyrood and there's no chance of that happening. Same goes for NI, they ain't gonna give their blessin.
                      Last edited by Big Splash!; 30 June 2016, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• So it is just one big mess then

Comment

• Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
                          FYI Terry 17.5 million out of 36 million ELEGIBLE voted to leave. Not everyone is entitled to vote(quite right too).
                          And here I've been misunderstanding election results all my life I guess. When they say the turnout was 71.3% I thought that meant then 28.7% of eligible voters didn't cast their vote. Since Brexit got 51.3% of the vote of those who turned out then the percentage of eligible voters who voted leave is around 36% or so and for remain about 35% approx.

Still, a good turnout at 71.3% as we don't get that here. With such a close result there will be a lot of hard feelings over the next little while but with Cameron and Boris leaving and the Labour party trying to stab each other in the back that leaves the Social Democrats and UKIP I guess. What a future to look forward to.

Too bad everyone doesn't realize by now ALL politicians (or at least a majority of them) are in it for THEMSELVES, not for your average voter. What do I have to do to stay in power and how can I get more kickbacks?

The head-scratcher for me is I saw a recent survey where Denmark was considered the happiest country in the world with a $20 (about 9quid I think) minimum wage, free healthcare, free university and a lot of other stuff. Canada was up there too but I don't remember where Britain was. United States was way down the list though but of course we can rely on Trump to 'make America great again'. Does that sound familiar?
                          Terry Davidson
                          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Spot on Terry, no tory can be trusted, too much political philosophy going on and power grabs. Labour just as bad at the mo. I'd rather trust the EU commission, at least they gave us worker rights. Does anyone really believe the Tories won't repeal these rights?

Referenda are only advisory in the UK anyway, so the govt. or following govt. could and should ignore them. Yeah, we note your preferences but given leaving will lead to a rubbish outcome we choose to stay.

Comment

• Britain was 23rd Terry

Comment

• Workers rights were fought for by our trade unions, they are underpinned by the EU, not any more but if any future government tries to take them away it will be general strike time.
                                What the tories really want is the right to hire and fire, you know you can't sack a lazy git these days, you really can't and that's why so many new jobs are on rolling contracts of 12 months or less, and you have to do the three months probation first.

Now I've had my rows with bosses, but to be stuck alongside a lazy bugger who doesn't pull his weight for the same money or more is bloody hard to bear, be they white and british, polish or any other colour or nationality and we have them where I work, but we're stuck with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X