Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spotted on eBay

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Seems the round butt has vanished.

    Comment


    • And back again.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parr...HW7:rk:15:pf:0

      With the following caveat

      I cannot say for 100 percent whether this cue is a true cue or a replica.
      Last edited by narl; 1st March 2019, 01:26 PM.

      Comment


      • Looks like Rod's having a clear out....

        https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maximus-H...9fcf%7Ciid%3A1

        https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ton-Prara....c100752.m1982
        No cheap shots...well maybe the odd one if its funny...

        Comment


        • https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/john-parr...frcectupt=true

          Mind numbing how a specific design gets so much attention..

          Comment


          • This exact cue was on eBay a couple of weeks ago with a phone number........I called the number and the guy told me that he wanted £2K for the cue so I wished him good luck and about a day later he ended the eBay listing. Now it’s back on with a different seller!! ��


            Originally posted by narl View Post
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/john-parr...frcectupt=true

            Mind numbing how a specific design gets so much attention..
            'Believe To Achieve'

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Oldgit View Post
              This exact cue was on eBay a couple of weeks ago with a phone number........I called the number and the guy told me that he wanted £2K for the cue so I wished him good luck and about a day later he ended the eBay listing. Now it’s back on with a different seller!! ��
              Yes a did same and call him
              Current playing cue Trevor White
              3/4 ash cue

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Oldgit View Post
                This exact cue was on eBay a couple of weeks ago with a phone number........I called the number and the guy told me that he wanted £2K for the cue so I wished him good luck and about a day later he ended the eBay listing. Now it’s back on with a different seller!! ��
                Yes a did the same phoned up
                Current playing cue Trevor White
                3/4 ash cue

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Oldgit View Post
                  This exact cue was on eBay a couple of weeks ago with a phone number........I called the number and the guy told me that he wanted £2K for the cue so I wished him good luck and about a day later he ended the eBay listing. Now it’s back on with a different seller!! ��
                  2k, sigh, some people really are mental Funny when you think of it that design dates from around 1896, but it's only really been popular since o'sullivan started using it. It's known these days as a parris design despite that not even being close to the truth.

                  I'd put a bet that the vast majority of 1 piece ultimates on order with parris are with this design. How o'sullivans is classed as an ultimate i've no idea considering the wonkiness of the grain.

                  Comment


                  • Ronnie must have tried out about 15 or so cues before he chose that one based on how it played rather than how it looked although John Parris told me at the time that Ronnie preferred the last arrow to be about 4 or 5 inches from the ferrule.
                    I don’t really think it’s the ‘Ronnie’ design of the cue on eBay that appeals to bidders but rather the fact that it’s one piece with an ultimate number (1953) from about 7 years ago. A lot of these cues are now being bought up by buyers in HK, China and Singapore which also pushes the price up as well as the very long waiting time for one piece JPUs.
                    Can easily see the cue selling for close to £2K which isn’t an indication of how good it plays but just purely supply and demand.
                    'Believe To Achieve'

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Oldgit View Post
                      Ronnie must have tried out about 15 or so cues before he chose that one based on how it played rather than how it looked although John Parris told me at the time that Ronnie preferred the last arrow to be about 4 or 5 inches from the ferrule.
                      I don’t really think it’s the ‘Ronnie’ design of the cue on eBay that appeals to bidders but rather the fact that it’s one piece with an ultimate number (1953) from about 7 years ago. A lot of these cues are now being bought up by buyers in HK, China and Singapore which also pushes the price up as well as the very long waiting time for one piece JPUs.
                      Can easily see the cue selling for close to £2K which isn’t an indication of how good it plays but just purely supply and demand.
                      Yeah the vast majority seem to be going abroad, parris ultimates and h&o seem to be the main ones. If you see parris traditionals on ebay they usually go pretty quick as well, John said in one video that it was a very popular design because it looks like Ronnies cue.



                      As for Ronnies cue its funny to look at just how worn it is, the grain is really worn down and it doesn't seem to have been refinished. You can see 4 and a bit arrows then the rest is worn away. Must really press his chin onto the cue when addressing the ball.

                      Comment


                      • BTW oldgit i spotted a coutts cue last night which might be up your street.

                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coutts-Pl...frcectupt=true

                        A very original design if i do say so myself.

                        Comment


                        • Lol.......stop trying to encourage me!! I’ve just bought a rather nice old Reg Wright cue that is lovely.

                          Originally posted by narl View Post
                          BTW oldgit i spotted a coutts cue last night which might be up your street.

                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coutts-Pl...frcectupt=true

                          A very original design if i do say so myself.
                          'Believe To Achieve'

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Oldgit View Post
                            .... I’ve just bought a rather nice old Reg Wright cue that is lovely.
                            But we all know that won't last past the first missed black off the spot ')

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Oldgit View Post
                              Lol.......stop trying to encourage me!! I’ve just bought a rather nice old Reg Wright cue that is lovely.
                              Lovely..but is it ronnie copy lovely?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jrc750 View Post
                                But we all know that won't last past the first missed black off the spot ')

                                It's mad that snooker players have that mentality though, we all would much rather blame the cue even though we're telling it what to do

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X