Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well looking at the pictures Steve ,it appears that the owner has already been stacking the kindling under the table in preparation

Comment

• https://gclbilliards.com/recently-di...snooker-table/

This one on Geof large site I saw yesterday,I’m pretty sure this is the 1985 Benson & Hedges table in Oak ,BCE only did them for two years 1984/85 ,the light finish replicating the cigarette packet colour .Don’t think they were ever offered for sale ,2 inch slate as well .The 84 table that Kirk Stevens made the 147 on was very light in colour .Unless the practice tables were oak too then this would seem to be a tv match table ,the new owner has one hell of a bargain there .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
        Well well!! This is the first Star table I’ve ever seen pop up on EBay? I thought they just went straight onto the bonfire after a few years of wear…

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144821709...mis&media=COPY
        The accessorries are £1500 plus if genuine.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
          Well well!! This is the first Star table I’ve ever seen pop up on EBay? I thought they just went straight onto the bonfire after a few years of wear…

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144821709...mis&media=COPY
          Seen a couple for sale recently on faceache too

Comment

• They must have started rolling off and the Lego legs are probably starting to crack. 😊
            Last edited by Cue crafty; 26 November 2022, 01:27 PM.
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Their on about possibly fitting one down the club as a ‘match table’.

Comment

• I don't know what they coat the wood on the cushions with but they don't feel right to me on the star tables, it feels plasticy.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  I don't know what they coat the wood on the cushions with but they don't feel right to me on the star tables, it feels plasticy.
                  They use a heavy coat of resin on the rails to fill and hide the worm holes in the cheap Meranti hardwood they use.
                  Last edited by Cue crafty; 26 November 2022, 06:31 PM.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255832353...Bk9SR5T1_9OWYQ
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Sometimes when I see how cheap these tables are these days I feel like asking the serious snooker players at my social
                      club to all chip in and get one .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Sometimes when I see how cheap these tables are these days I feel like asking the serious snooker players at my social
                        club to all chip in and get one .
                        Yes totally agree mate, even if four people said yes I would go for it and gift that to my local social. Funny old buggars don't like charity though so still no easy task! 🙄
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

They use a heavy coat of resin on the rails to fill and hide the worm holes in the cheap Meranti hardwood they use.
                          Dead right ,Meranti is a fast growing wood that is not as hard as Sapele mahogany,so they use a hard resin type varnish ,this chips easy on the soft wood ,that’s why the cushions looked chipped and tatty after time especially around the pocket plates .Most quality tables have an oil finish that will wear a lot nicer and more natural.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trying View Post
                            There seems to be a load of excessively expensive and some maybe questionable Parris cues on facebook marketplace recently. Do people really buy them???
                            Not just Parris but other cues as well. Some use FB Marketplace to show off their cue collection to see if anyone agree with the prices, been there for months but have intention to sell. Worst than ebay.

Comment

• Orme & sons snooker table just listed on eBay.

I know nothing about these tables but must say it is stunning! What a beautiful table.

The following accessories will be supplied, one set of quality Aramith snooker balls, triangle, four snooker cues, cue rack. This highly attractive, top quality slate bed snooker table in solid mahogany has eight very large decorative turned legs.

Comment

• highly commended tables, used to play on one in a previous social club

Established in Manchester ~1845
                                Opened a branch in Glasgow ~1880
                                HRH Prince of Wales patronage ~1880
                                which changed to King Edward VII warrant in 1901
                                Branches in Liverpool and Belfast, workshop in Stockport.
                                1931 arranged share of distribution facilities with Burroughes & Watts.
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X