X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    Nice old period table from J Ashcroft, seems a very reasonable price for such a piece of craftsmanship. Doubt it plays like a modern table but it looks fantastic.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185067709....c101113.m2108
    What a cracking table. You could fit steel blocks to that as well.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    That’s a class table and with decent rubber and cloth should play great ,looks like Brazilian mahogany ,can’t get that any more .20 + years ago these tables would go for 15 grand .
    I really like the wood, wasn't sure what it was and thought maybe walnut but knew it wasn't quite right. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Starsky
    replied
    If only I had the space in my man cave ….. that looks lovely.
    I’d get rod of my pool table in a shot for a swap for that

Leave a comment:

• mikee
    replied
    That’s a class table and with decent rubber and cloth should play great ,looks like Brazilian mahogany ,can’t get that any more .20 + years ago these tables would go for 15 grand .

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    Nice old period table from J Ashcroft, seems a very reasonable price for such a piece of craftsmanship. Doubt it plays like a modern table but it looks fantastic.

650! It really is crazy what some of these old tables go up for! Imagine buying something that ornate now as a new piece? Crazy.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    That old Jacobean table has been on sale for years now hasn't it? Bit to expensive and the price reflects rarity rather than playability I think.

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

just extra dusting
    I was the only one who ever cleaned it, never mind dusting it lol.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

I used to play on a table with stretchers on it. They are inside the width of the cushions so you are never anywhere near them, there is zero chance of tripping on them, stretching or not.
    just extra dusting

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
    Ashcrofts antique snooker table. Looks great. I have second thoughts about the leg supports though. It's a recipe for tripping over atleast once.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174310298...UAAOSweNle3hcw
    I used to play on a table with stretchers on it. They are inside the width of the cushions so you are never anywhere near them, there is zero chance of tripping on them, stretching or not.

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Ir could happen rarely if you are wearing a pair of sandals and stretcing while playing a shot with your foot very close to the table. Maybe the toe end of the sandal could get stuck with those horizontal wooden leg supports close to the floor. I might be the only one who feels that way so you could be right.

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Woodwork looks a little tatty when you zoom into some of the pictures! Not sure what these tables usually go for but I would say that is top dollar they are asking for there and the table still needs some work to get it in mint condition.

How would you trip over those timbers? You must have big feet? Lol

*Edit. I see in the write up the table will come fully restored for the price, so not as bad as I first thought! Still pricey though… You could get a mint Aristocrat steel cushion for a similar price.
    Last edited by Danger Steve; 17 October 2021, 08:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Ashcrofts antique snooker table. Looks great. I have second thoughts about the leg supports though. It's a recipe for tripping over atleast once.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174310298...UAAOSweNle3hcw

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Badly worn cushion and bed cloth can cause bouncing of the balls of the cushions too ,as can grease and dirt
    as I said, on that old table I used to play on, the cushions did not show signs of bouncing, so therefore not worn or greasy
    a previous post said that "not sure if the B&W steel cushions were low by design"; I said that table I was using did not have bouncy cushions so I doubt the steel cushions are" low by design".

Leave a comment:

• mikee
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

of course I meant by balls bouncing, etc, not physically measuring the height of the cushions
    Badly worn cushion and bed cloth can cause bouncing of the balls of the cushions too ,as can grease and dirt

Leave a comment:

Working...
X