Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used to play regularly on a B&W oak table with Eureka steel block cushions and it was a wonderful table except the pockets were very tight (and no! I don't say that about every table I play on! )
    Never noticed low cushions to be fair.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      I used to play regularly on a B&W oak table with Eureka steel block cushions and it was a wonderful table except the pockets were very tight (and no! I don't say that about every table I play on! )
      Never noticed low cushions to be fair.
      Cushion height is so minimal either way ,it’s not something you could see ,set the blocks too low and the table will be fast but balls take off ,bounces and leave the table ,too high and the rubber traps the ball and makes for a dead slow bounce off the cushion .Setting the blocks and rubber is a skilled job to get just right .

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post

Cushion height is so minimal either way ,it’s not something you could see ,set the blocks too low and the table will be fast but balls take off ,bounces and leave the table ,too high and the rubber traps the ball and makes for a dead slow bounce off the cushion .Setting the blocks and rubber is a skilled job to get just right .
        of course I meant by balls bouncing, etc, not physically measuring the height of the cushions

Comment

of course I meant by balls bouncing, etc, not physically measuring the height of the cushions
          Badly worn cushion and bed cloth can cause bouncing of the balls of the cushions too ,as can grease and dirt

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post
            Badly worn cushion and bed cloth can cause bouncing of the balls of the cushions too ,as can grease and dirt
            as I said, on that old table I used to play on, the cushions did not show signs of bouncing, so therefore not worn or greasy
            a previous post said that "not sure if the B&W steel cushions were low by design"; I said that table I was using did not have bouncy cushions so I doubt the steel cushions are" low by design".

Comment

• Ashcrofts antique snooker table. Looks great. I have second thoughts about the leg supports though. It's a recipe for tripping over atleast once.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174310298...UAAOSweNle3hcw

Comment

• Woodwork looks a little tatty when you zoom into some of the pictures! Not sure what these tables usually go for but I would say that is top dollar they are asking for there and the table still needs some work to get it in mint condition.

How would you trip over those timbers? You must have big feet? Lol

*Edit. I see in the write up the table will come fully restored for the price, so not as bad as I first thought! Still pricey though… You could get a mint Aristocrat steel cushion for a similar price.
                Last edited by Danger Steve; 17 October 2021, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• Ir could happen rarely if you are wearing a pair of sandals and stretcing while playing a shot with your foot very close to the table. Maybe the toe end of the sandal could get stuck with those horizontal wooden leg supports close to the floor. I might be the only one who feels that way so you could be right.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                    Ashcrofts antique snooker table. Looks great. I have second thoughts about the leg supports though. It's a recipe for tripping over atleast once.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174310298...UAAOSweNle3hcw
                    I used to play on a table with stretchers on it. They are inside the width of the cushions so you are never anywhere near them, there is zero chance of tripping on them, stretching or not.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

I used to play on a table with stretchers on it. They are inside the width of the cushions so you are never anywhere near them, there is zero chance of tripping on them, stretching or not.
                      just extra dusting

Comment

just extra dusting
                        I was the only one who ever cleaned it, never mind dusting it lol.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• That old Jacobean table has been on sale for years now hasn't it? Bit to expensive and the price reflects rarity rather than playability I think.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Nice old period table from J Ashcroft, seems a very reasonable price for such a piece of craftsmanship. Doubt it plays like a modern table but it looks fantastic.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185067709....c101113.m2108
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                              Nice old period table from J Ashcroft, seems a very reasonable price for such a piece of craftsmanship. Doubt it plays like a modern table but it looks fantastic.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185067709....c101113.m2108
                              650! It really is crazy what some of these old tables go up for! Imagine buying something that ornate now as a new piece? Crazy.

Comment

• That’s a class table and with decent rubber and cloth should play great ,looks like Brazilian mahogany ,can’t get that any more .20 + years ago these tables would go for 15 grand .

Comment

Working...
                                X