Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    It only gets repeated because it doesn't get thro
    There's none so blind as those that will not see.

Comment

• as the Burroughes & watts name was bought some time ago I've always wondered if this company was still trading as the original company what they would think if someone was replicating their cues and selling them as replicas,is it still trademark infringement in a sense,

Comment

• well the company (or that which owns the name and brand) is still going:
        http://www.burroughesandwatts.com/index.html

interesting question, ?
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Damn good question Leo
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            well the company (or that which owns the name and brand) is still going:
            http://www.burroughesandwatts.com/index.html

interesting question, ?
            the name and this site is owned by a someone called malcom or better known as malcon. don't know if hes got a deal with glove and taking a cut out of his replicas but as far as contacting him or using this site, id stay well away, unless you wanna be rumped for a few quid
            Last edited by j6uk; 22 July 2014, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by 147wolf View Post
              it looks a very nice cue to me made by Tony Glover

if there was much of a story i am sure any one who's interested in the cue know it by now with the repetative tripe on here.
              wolfy, i'm actually starting to like your glover, mainly because of the specs. is there any chance of some proper pics though? you know like half a dozen in the daylight so you can really show it off, bit like the cue i put up with the straight grain and a few close ups of the badge ferrule and splices

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                wolfy, i'm actually starting to like your glover, mainly because of the specs. is there any chance of some proper pics though? you know like half a dozen in the daylight so you can really show it off, bit like the cue i put up with the straight grain and a few close ups of the badge ferrule and splices
                i try put some extra ones on for you soon if not today . tomorrow

Comment

okay, btw whats the length to the top of the splices 18 or 20"?

Comment

okay, btw whats the length to the top of the splices 18 or 20"?
                    just over 17 and 3/4 "

Comment

I am not doing this to harm your sale at all - although you may think that now I assure you I don't - but you might want to alter the detail on the advert further still Woolf as if it is the same cue that sold n e-bay in May for 290 with the leather case and mini butt extension and half butt extension that you are not now including in this sale - it looks to me like the same cue.

I also noticed the specs on it are different now too slightly than what you mention here on this sale advert on TSF - it was listed as slightly less than 58 and 9.3 tip not 9.5. which may matter to someone buying it. Also gives butt size.

Not saying your spec is right or that one but would check it first - not a big deal you might not think - but every little helps when giving details on cues and listing it correctly might stop a complaint when you do sell it if you are more precise with these things.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                        I am not doing this to harm your sale at all - although you may think that now I assure you I don't - but you might want to alter the detail on the advert further still Woolf as if it is the same cue that sold n e-bay in May for 290 with the leather case and mini butt extension and half butt extension that you are not now including in this sale - it looks to me like the same cue.

I also noticed the specs on it are different now too slightly than what you mention here on this sale advert on TSF - it was listed as slightly less than 58 and 9.3 tip not 9.5. which may matter to someone buying it. Also gives butt size.

Not saying your spec is right or that one but would check it first - not a big deal you might not think - but every little helps when giving details on cues and listing it correctly might stop a complaint when you do sell it if you are more precise with these things.
                        ok i just looked at that ebay link... i was just going by what i was told the cue specs were when i bought the cue, i will re check them and if they are slightly diffrent i will change the advertisment

Comment

• interesting, quite like the offer you got on that cue with all the accessories wolfy, would all that be thrown in along with the cue?
                          so did you know it wasn't a 'proper yoa rep' when you brought it? and i see your a nice player yourself, how does it play?

Comment

interesting, quite like the offer you got on that cue with all the accessories wolfy, would all that be thrown in along with the cue?
                            so did you know it wasn't a 'proper yoa rep' when you brought it? and i see your a nice player yourself, how does it play?
                            no j6uk no accesesories with it. it's ok it's a nice cue but like i said in previous posts how would any one know until they have played with it wether it suits them.

I ay got much intrest in being a cue expert so when i bought it i knew it was a Tony Glover and i liked the design other than that it's a piece of wood you hit a ball with as long as the specs are somewhere in range of what i like then i dow care i ay to fussy. as long as it's nice and solid

where are you based come and have a look if you go past glovers on the way you can drop in and get another badge put on if it really matters to you. lol

Comment

no j6uk no accesesories with it. it's ok it's a nice cue but like i said in previous posts how would any one know until they have played with it wether it suits them.

I ay got much intrest in being a cue expert so when i bought it i knew it was a Tony Glover and i liked the design other than that it's a piece of wood you hit a ball with as long as the specs are somewhere in range of what i like then i dow care i ay to fussy. as long as it's nice and solid

where are you based come and have a look if you go past glovers on the way you can drop in and get another badge put on if it really matters to you. lol
                              not really a badge kinda fella as you can see,
                              im guessing you got the cue for a playing cue and you've put it through its paces. i was hoping you being a ton merchant that you would be able to elaborate on how the cue actually plays. any chance? and whats the bp?

Comment

not really a badge kinda fella as you can see,
                                im guessing you got the cue for a playing cue and you've put it through its paces. i was hoping you being a ton merchant that you would be able to elaborate on how the cue actually plays. any chance? and whats the bp?
                                mate i gotta go out i try give you some more details later ok , yes only reason for sale was because i was going to sell my parris cue to free up some cash so i purchased 4 other cues to give them a go over the summer... since then a few things changed and i did not need to sell my parris so just shifting this before season starts

Comment

Working...
                                X