No announcement yet.

my cue case doesn't protect the cue against rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another vote for Cuecraft. A kilo may sound heavy, but it's not really given the size. I've always felt they feel quite lightweight in hand.

Comment

The weight is also what makes it more durable and superior in quality.

Comment

parasol cover, maybe?
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133826216...oAAOSwbl9dTTty

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363476278121
        Last edited by matthias; 2 December 2021, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Just to fully answer your rain part of you OP - most cue cases will protect the inside from a general rainfall but wont in a torrential downpour and/or for extended length of time.
          Have you checked your existing case for any gaps or split?
          If you always walk longish distances and live in a rainy country () you may wish to invest in a cover like above or an extendable poly-case like used for skis, of course all this can/will add to weight
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

yes, it happened to me twice that i came home and had a few traces of water entering the case on the sides
            nothing extreme - but i don't want my cue to get wet, even if its only a few drops

the sides of my current case are not sealed, they have little gaps that allow dust, rain etc to get in
            I do carry plastic covers with me, but i rather have a case that offers enough protection

I just ordered the cuecraft case - i hope it will solve the issue ;-)

Comment

Originally Posted by bentCue View Post
              yes, it happened to me twice that i came home and had a few traces of water entering the case on the sides
              nothing extreme - but i don't want my cue to get wet, even if its only a few drops

the sides of my current case are not sealed, they have little gaps that allow dust, rain etc to get in
              I do carry plastic covers with me, but i rather have a case that offers enough protection

I just ordered the cuecraft case - i hope it will solve the issue ;-)
              cool
              what did you go for? I notice many of the colours are no longer available and most are out of stock and they make them to order
              What time scale did you get?

Comment

there weren't that many options, really. cuecraft 3/4 in silver aluminium is what i got
                the other interesting one would have been the 'wide' version of the same case, but i only have 2 extensions and the cue
                (i might add cue tip tools at some point, and of course chalk)

oh, and will be delivered tomorrow
                Last edited by bentCue; 2 December 2021, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Worth getting one of those tip protectors to wear over the the tip while your transporting your cue. . I never heard of them before I saw some of the pro players had them recently. They are meant to protect your tip in case of any moisture ingress in your case which would mess up your tip.

Comment

yay!! the new case arrived.

here are a few first impressions:

- i am surprised that the case doesn't open very wide. just wide enough to allow easy access. but i would prefer if it opened a bit more.
                    - the foam seems to hold the cue and extensions firmly in place, they don't seem to slide around in the case - which is pretty good!
                    - it takes some force to close the case - which has to do with the foam tensely pressing against the cue. again, i think this is good.
                    - there isn't much space between the two rows of foam and between the foam and the metal sides of the case. the cue parts and the extensions easily bump against each other or against the metal, when you move them or take them out.
                    - the locks feel a bit flimsy, but overall the case feels very sturdy and will definitely not let any rain drops in

Comment

The foam will compress a bit to the shape of your cue and extensions, this will separate them further so you should not clatter them when putting in or taking out
                      This will also make closing the case a bit easier

Only your description reminded me of the characteristics of CueCraft cases, I had forgotten/gotten used to

Enjoy

Comment

the only one thing i dislike: i cant fit my cue towel in the case.
                        i could place it over the shaft and squeeze it in the case, but i am worried it might bend the shaft

Comment

i could place it over the shaft and squeeze it in the case, but i am worried it might bend the shaft
                          I place my blue Peradon cue towel with the cue and extentions without any issue. Just fold it twice vertically from the tip end of the cue. Makes the case a bit tighter but won't damage the cue. I have been using one for the past 2 years in my 3/4 Cue craft case.
                          Last edited by fkhan; 6 December 2021, 09:54 AM.

Comment

This is what I use:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253174266...gAAOSwrklVcIEl

Comment

I used to tie it to the handle
                              but yes it is tight and near impossible with the large "usual" cue towels, hence I just use the best quality "face cloths" which are smaller

Comment

ha! that is actually good to know.
                                my towel is roughly 15 x 15 inches, and that ends up just too thick to squeeze in the case
                                i will order the peradon one ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X