No announcement yet.

leather case vs aluminum case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always thought silver cases were the best cause they'll reflect the sunlight and not bake your cue inside like a darker one might. I've had loads of cases, leather ones are nicer looking but you might soon get bored and want a change . Barracuda alu cases are the best for protection. And I'll always send my cue through the post in one. But I'm tempted to have a tubular leather case made, much nicer to carry around

Comment

Originally Posted by Dan27 View Post
      I love the look of a leather case, but if both are made correctly, they're equally as strong as each other.
      Am not sure about that, a mate of mine (a pro) had a leather case from a very well know and expensive maker and the wooden fram warped over time and warped his cue!

The process was so slow he never noticed but once it was pointed out to him I don't need to tell you the effect on his head!

Comment

I have both Ali and Leather.
        I prefer leather as it does not dent/scratch the interior of my car during transport.

Comment

I think aluminium is better in protection from humidity and physical damage.
          My deep screw shot
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

I have a Cheddar Classic leather case and would never go back to using an aluminium one.

Comment

But as far as feel and looks is concerned U can't beat a leather case.
              My deep screw shot

Comment

If you was a cue would you preffer to where leather or tin foil im sure the cue (since some people give theres a name lol ) would preffer the leather look than tin

Comment

If you fly at all with your cue, go for the most rigid aluminum case you can find. I've had both however I now use a sturdy black aluminum case I bought from B&W. On my last trip to the UK through Gatwick on the way home my cue case never made it! I was devistated.

After about 20 phone calls to Gatwick I finally found a lady who was willing to go look for it and finally found it jammed UNDER a conveyor belt getting constantly rubbed by the top belt. She rescued it and got it returned to Toronto for me and both cues and extensions were fine with no visible damage except a wear line on the outside of the case.

Stephen Hendry would still be using his original cue if he would have had a rigid aluminum case. Also, there's a video that's been published on youtube which shows some American Airlines baggage handlers playing catch with a musician's guitar and of course it got damaged. When he first applied for compensation AA refused him but after he got the song and video published on youtube they came across with the cash

Terry
                  Terry Davidson
                  IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by terry davidson View Post
                    if you fly at all with your cue, go for the most rigid aluminum case you can find. I've had both however i now use a sturdy black aluminum case i bought from b&w. On my last trip to the uk through gatwick on the way home my cue case never made it! I was devistated.

After about 20 phone calls to gatwick i finally found a lady who was willing to go look for it and finally found it jammed under a conveyor belt getting constantly rubbed by the top belt. She rescued it and got it returned to toronto for me and both cues and extensions were fine with no visible damage except a wear line on the outside of the case.

Stephen hendry would still be using his original cue if he would have had a rigid aluminum case. Also, there's a video that's been published on youtube which shows some american airlines baggage handlers playing catch with a musician's guitar and of course it got damaged. When he first applied for compensation aa refused him but after he got the song and video published on youtube they came across with the cash

terry
                    very well said mate!
                    My deep screw shot

Comment

Terry davidson i totally agree with what your saying, if you plan to travel abroad with your bat for sure get the toughest case available.
                      I will not be going over seas with mine so from car to club a leather case suits me better and doesn't freeze my hand off in winter lol

kev

Comment

IMHO, i think the best is a leather tube case... Its a bit cumbersome, but it keeps the cue upright, and its solid as hell. The tube makes sure that it does not warp. My personal preference. I bought my Peradon Royal off ebay, and it came with a lovely Adam leather tube case - and I feel its possibly the best protection available!! Just my views on the subject. (Pics are up on the cue case thread, for anyone who is interested)
                        Last edited by Dragonsye; 3 August 2009, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Alu case with airbrush work

I found one old alu case (bought in 1998) in my back room. Since it is still in top shape, I sent it to the airbrush guy for his art work. Should get it back very soon Personally I prefer Alu for travel. The luggage officers love to throw bags and things after checking in
                          It's in the Shaft

Comment

I'd like to have an Alu case especially when i'm flying about.....

Comment

Still not 100% safe even in an aluminium case though. I've mentioned this before but I received a couple of cues back from Glovers inside a 1 piece cue craft ali case, which- when I took it out of the cardboard packaging was totally flat at one end. About a foot of the length (or roughly the same as a wide tyre width) had obviously been driven over while in the 'care' of BUSINESS EXPRESS

Comment

If anyone's interested, I've got a SH & RP black 1 piece leather cue case for sale, it can hold two cues at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                X