No announcement yet.

The great chalk mission!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a bit of an environmentalist and strongly believe in waste recycling. So just wondering, can we collect all used chalks and send them to someone who can do something worthwhile with them? like make new blocks. btw, what are chalks made of?

Comment

Originally Posted by nutscrewsandbolts View Post
      what are chalks made of?
      I think the answer would be...chalk!

Comment

Originally Posted by bongo View Post
        I think the answer would be...chalk!

Spot on!

Comment

Well i have a Yorkshire Terrier Dog and he ate one of my chalk lucky for him he spat most of it out :snooker:
          old enough to know whats its all about, too old to actually do it.....

Comment

I really should take a picture of my chalk, I'll wait until it has worn down even more...

Comment

talking about chalk can really be interesting. LOL

Comment

Originally Posted by nutscrewsandbolts View Post

Spot on!
                A line from the Wikipedia article of Cue Sports:

"Cue tip chalk is not actually the substance typically referred to as "chalk" (generally calcium carbonate, also known as calcite or carbonate of lime), but any of several proprietary compounds, with a silicate base."

So I wouldn't be so sure if that is so spot on after all
                IBK-81 | Inkeroisten Biljardikerho -81 | Billiards Club of Inkeroinen -81

Comment

Originally Posted by Centreman View Post
                  A line from the Wikipedia article of Cue Sports:

"Cue tip chalk is not actually the substance typically referred to as "chalk" (generally calcium carbonate, also known as calcite or carbonate of lime), but any of several proprietary compounds, with a silicate base."

So I wouldn't be so sure if that is so spot on after all
                  oooh i love controversy!!
                  Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                  Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Yea, I trust Wikipedia like a bat trusts sonar.

Did you guys know chalkboard chalk isn't chalk either? That's made of salcium sulfate. How have we let ourselves being fooled!?

(I am such a dick)
                    IBK-81 | Inkeroisten Biljardikerho -81 | Billiards Club of Inkeroinen -81

Comment

Originally Posted by samad View Post
                      No , buts its just that the way others chalk , not everyone uses the middle hole thingy for chalkinng .
                      e.g When I chalk , I kinda rub the surface of the chalk ACROSS the cue which makes the chalk wear down evenly , try using this style and you won't waste chalk
                      thats basically how i chalk too, but when it comes to the chalks in the club, i dont have much choice, coz almost all the chalks are center-worn. when i get my own, ill make sure it's worn down evenly to nothing. thats a long term investment.

Comment

I chalk from the centre to the corners and end up with a pyramid shape.

Comment

... And pioneer blue chalk wears down faster than triangle green because its useless and crumble on first use.

Comment

Originally Posted by andyt1992 View Post
                            ... And pioneer blue chalk wears down faster than triangle green because its useless and crumble on first use.
                            Why do you use it then? Its awful stuff and cant be helping your game. Does it even "grip" to the tip?
                            Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                            Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

And blue chalk isn't as good for snooker as green chalk. Blue chalk can get all over the cloth and doesn't grip the cue ball as well. Stick to green!

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
                                Why do you use it then? Its awful stuff and cant be helping your game. Does it even "grip" to the tip?
                                Originally Posted by bongo View Post
                                And blue chalk isn't as good for snooker as green chalk. Blue chalk can get all over the cloth and doesn't grip the cue ball as well. Stick to green!
                                I don't use blue chalk was just saying with past experiences it's awful especially when you play against someone using it and its on the cloth. Very Distracting.

Comment

Working...
                                X