No announcement yet.

talisman vs pro granite tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no1 has really given any feedback as to spin generation?
    if the exact same shot was played with all of the tips mentioned, or even just the PG or Talisman, which would generate more spin?
    I use a lot of spin and rely heavily on my cue power, would be dubious about changing if i wasnt happy i would be generating the same with these tips
    Highest Match Break - 77
    Highest Practice Break - 101, 106, 111
    Highest Breaks of 2010 - 76-65-62-61-60-60-59-57

Comment

Originally Posted by whufcarl View Post
      if the exact same shot was played with all of the tips mentioned, or even just the PG or Talisman, which would generate more spin?
      I use a lot of spin and rely heavily on my cue power, would be dubious about changing if i wasnt happy i would be generating the same with these tips
      I have changed a lot of tips over the past 2 months after first trying the pro granite. i have been through all the major tips and imo the pro granite suits my place perfect.

In particular, and to answer your question, the spin is better with the pro granite tips. However, nothing like technique to produce the best spin.
      Breaks 2010- 47, 40, 56, 53, 47, 45, 46

Highest break 69

Comment

Originally Posted by snawaz View Post
        In particular, and to answer your question, the spin is better with the pro granite tips. However, nothing like technique to produce the best spin.
        Like i said, I know its technique and my technique and cuepower is generally good.
        I was asking in terms of the exact same shot, the exact same technique etc, which would grip the white best and produce most spin.
        Thanks for your feedback on the Pro Granite.
        Any1 else think this is the best 1? Or other opinions?
        Highest Match Break - 77

Comment

Like i said, I know its technique and my technique and cuepower is generally good.
          I was asking in terms of the exact same shot, the exact same technique etc, which would grip the white best and produce most spin.
          Thanks for your feedback on the Pro Granite.
          Any1 else think this is the best 1? Or other opinions?
          Sorry,

I should not have included technique, that should have been a given. Technique and everything else aside, pro granite is the best for spin and feel. It holds chalk consistently and feels just right. I have found that shaping the tip to differing roundness also affects the spin. However, I always try to shape my tip like Neil Robertson's.
          Breaks 2010- 47, 40, 56, 53, 47, 45, 46

Highest break 69

Comment

There are so many variables that go into differing spin and control, but given that all these where constant, i would still go for my Talisman med. Not that the other tips aren't good, its just my fav. I have used loads of tip throughout my playing days as a Pro and an Amateur and i find the Med in both pigskin and buffalo offer the best combination for me(although for a while when i was playing all the time i used HARD)
            The Buffalo, with its slightly more course grain does offer the same spin as the pig skin, but are less likely to miscue, although i prefer the feedback from the pic skin.
            I does depend on how good you strike the ball.
            A pro of John Higgins standard will have no problem using a hard talisman, but a lesser player may find that they miscue a bit to often as their cue action and timing is not of the same quality.
            Hope this helps, once again only my opinion.
            "Don't think, feel"

Comment

i have the talisman soft in my tool box and the pro granite.
              my MW tip is needing a little rough up every now n again and i am debating whether to change it soon.
              think i will try out the talisman, see how i get on
              Highest Match Break - 77

Comment

like alot of players i have played with elks, bd's, talisman, mw supertip and now the progranite tip too.my style of game play, like you i rely on cue power. i've used the the pro-granite tip for 4 hours play yesterday and didnt really take to it but am not giving up on it yet. so far the tip for me which helped me generate spin in all directions is the talisman tip. am gonna give the pro-granite tip a month and if it does not play better or the same standard as the talisman tip its coming off and the talismans are staying for good on my cue

Comment

sweet, this was exactly the kinda response i was hoping for...
                  that settles it, talisman going on 2mo, gonna use my mw tip for last time tonight at my pool match.
                  if i cant get on with talisman, ill put a pro granite on
                  Highest Match Break - 77

Comment

sweet, this was exactly the kinda response i was hoping for...
                    that settles it, talisman going on 2mo, gonna use my mw tip for last time tonight at my pool match.
                    if i cant get on with talisman, ill put a pro granite on
                    what size talisman are you going to put on, i used the 11mm and then cut the tip down

Comment

Originally Posted by goku View Post
                      what size talisman are you going to put on, i used the 11mm and then cut the tip down
                      exactly the same, 11mm soft, file it down
                      Highest Match Break - 77

Comment

exactly the same, 11mm soft, file it down
                        enjoy its a brilliant tip, let me know how you get on, i was able to generate loads of screw back with this tip

Comment

like a lot of people i have been a blue diamond player for many a year, about 3 years ago i tried a talisman soft and have not looked back. easy to maintain last longer, dont miscue as often and they dont chip when you do on occasion. however i can appreciate them not being to everyones liking

i tip quite a few local snooker and pool players cues and have just bought a batch of progranites off ADR, so am interested in everyones feedback who has used them recently. the talismans offer incredible feel and are very reactive with side in my opinion. I have only had a couple of frames with a pro granite but found it a little dull in comparison but intend to retip my own soon and will persevere purely from a financial point of view as they are cheaper than buying 50 direct from Tony Jones at £3-£4 a pop
                          Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

Comment

Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
                            ... i would still go for my Talisman med.
                            Loved the Talisman M too mate... until I tried these...
                            similar but better feel!

=o)

Noel
                            Attached Files

Comment

MW supertip just taken off, Talisman on...
                              off to the snooker hall to see what all the fuss is about, wish me luck...
                              Highest Match Break - 77

Comment

Just taken me Talisman soft tip off......soft was still to hard for me. The tip did keeps its shape but it would as its as hard as wood.

Most people who i played against said my cue sounded really clonky on some shots.
                                Have now fitted a MW supertip, just played 1 frame now its well out of shape, hopefully it will play good soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X