talisman vs pro granite tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by whufcarl View Post
    MW supertip just taken off, Talisman on...
    off to the snooker hall to see what all the fuss is about, wish me luck...
    you dont need luck with this tip, its superb however good luck all the same :snooker:

Comment

first frame, totally threw me off! there is so much less "throw" when playing side compared to MW supertip, was hard to adjust.
      second frame, couple of safety shots, 51 break... nice!
      generally i found that i was potting a lot better, any slight miscues werent throwin the white off and therefore still potting
      i did find it a little harder to generate screwback, altho spin in every other direction was easier, wierd one, might not of been timing the screw shots properly tonight.
      first impression of the talisman is very good, gonna have a game 2mo and see wat i think, cant judge it on 1 performance.
      Highest Match Break - 77
      Highest Practice Break - 101, 106, 111
      Highest Breaks of 2010 - 76-65-62-61-60-60-59-57

Comment

very true, it is hard to judge a tip on 1st session hence why i have not taken off the pro-granite tip off yet however does not seem to be getting any better, might not bother waiting for the month i said i would give it, but thinking back it was by my 4th session when the talisman really began to play well for me,

Comment

We should all sign a petition for STU to start making the granites in 11mm as well.

Comment

My own feedback on the tips.

Elkmasters needs replacement to often,Up and down
            MW Supertips.Played with it for awhile, too hard and I dont like the sound it makes on soft shots, prone to miscue if you forget to chalk.
            Talisman Pro soft. Brilliant tip, but take caution on fitting the tip to tall on the ferrule.
            If the tip is to tall it will delaminate trust me, What I do is after fitting a new Taliman tip I add little bit of super glue to the sides it just helps thr tip settle in better, that my opinion.
            Start playing snooker 1 May 2010
            Highest Break 32
            Highest Score 113
            Cue: Mastercraft.
            Cue specs 9mm Talisman soft, 18 ounce

Comment

Put a talisman soft on about 18 months to two years ago and can't imagine using anything else again, have got a couple of meduims to try courtesy of the doctor (cheers) and fitted a pro granite for my pal the other day. I couldn't be bothered going back to all the hassle of keeping it in shape.

As for spin generation, I try to play a bit of billiards and have found when playing with check the talisman turns my cue ball into the object ball much faster.

Comment

Working...
              X