No announcement yet.

Pictures of your tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reviving an old thread just to add a few pics from recent re-tips that have turned out nicer than usual

Comment

Ok then i'll get my tips out for ya....

(click pic too enlarge)

Left tip = Talisman soft (laminated)
      Right tip = MW Supertip (pressed)

Someone Let me know if pics are visible, have trouble with this and nobody seems to be able to see my pics except me most the time...

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopy_08 View Post
        Reviving an old thread just to add a few pics from recent re-tips that have turned out nicer than usual

Wao.. shining ferrule there .. it hurt my eyes ^^

Comment

No pics showing, cally.
          :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
            No pics showing, cally.
            Thanks fella, i knew someone was going to say that... i can see them fine...

Umm..... i'll try this way then... can you see them now?...

(click pic too enlarge)...
            Last edited by cally; 24 March 2011, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Um is ok now!

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
                Um is ok now!

Thanks!

Comment

Here is one of mine.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Snookerloopy , how do you get those ferrules that shiny ?
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I use a few different grades of emery paper 2500 & 3000 and then micro mesh paper 4000, 6000.
                      Last edited by MattCash; 28 June 2012, 06:02 PM.

Comment

To get the v shape tip you need to use a slightly bigger tip than ferrule(obviously) and instead of turning cue upside down to trim, you use the blade at a angle(about 45 degree angle) and trim from base of tip constantly turning cue and what that shape will start to appear.
                        "Don't think, feel"

Comment

My maple cue with Omin red tip +_+

Last edited by Fisherboi; 29 May 2011, 12:20 PM.
                          Hi Ho The Merry Yo, The Black Went In The Hole~ :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Fisherboi View Post
                            My maple cue with Omin red tip +_+

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7587[/ATTACH]
                            I like the look of these Omin tips, if you dont mind me asking how do they play?

Comment

It really depend on individual pal
                              Some says it's rock hard, some says it doesn't hold chalk.. etc..
                              I find them fine I'm no pro to explain neither in high breaking...
                              Personally, I like my cue tip hard and I should feel the shots... Seem like these tips match nicely to my maple cue, so I kinda enjoy it
                              Had couple of game yesterday and today, each 3-4hrs session, the tip still in good shap and still holding chalk.. ha...
                              I tried some other tips, maybe it's just me... I dun like to "hair" sticking from the side of the tip after couple of shots..
                              These laminated tip has no issue, i polished the side of the tip till shiny.. So no "hair" sticking out of it.. haha..
                              Hmm... I'm no good in words, maybe u should try them? Never try never know ya>? Dun like it, just change it.. no harm
                              Hi Ho The Merry Yo, The Black Went In The Hole~ :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Fisherboi View Post
                                It really depend on individual pal
                                Some says it's rock hard, some says it doesn't hold chalk.. etc..
                                I find them fine I'm no pro to explain neither in high breaking...
                                Personally, I like my cue tip hard and I should feel the shots... Seem like these tips match nicely to my maple cue, so I kinda enjoy it
                                Had couple of game yesterday and today, each 3-4hrs session, the tip still in good shap and still holding chalk.. ha...
                                I tried some other tips, maybe it's just me... I dun like to "hair" sticking from the side of the tip after couple of shots..
                                These laminated tip has no issue, i polished the side of the tip till shiny.. So no "hair" sticking out of it.. haha..
                                Hmm... I'm no good in words, maybe u should try them? Never try never know ya>? Dun like it, just change it.. no harm
                                Thanks for your reply, your explination is good, I will have to have a look on the bay for these Omin tips as I do not think they are common place in the UK.

I have an old maple one piece cue which I intend to use for Snooker (i mostly play pool at this time but I am going to have a go at snooker, hopefully it will improve my cue action). Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
                                X