X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No probs bro hope u find the right tip cheers
    Hi Ho The Merry Yo, The Black Went In The Hole~ :snooker:

Comment

Hi there I'm a newby but I use a kamui 6 layer tip and I think it's fantastic never have to worry about have I got enough chalk on as it holds loads and the control when swerving the ball is great

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        Here's one of mine, 10mm Talisman soft on a 9.3mm ferrule
        how did you get your tip to this shape? as this is what i want my to be like

Comment

u trim the side outwards. not hard to do. just gotta hold the cue at an angle wen u cut down.

Comment

Ok cheers mate

Comment

Originally Posted by MattCash View Post
              Just put a kamui black on my cue

Exactly how I have/like my tips. Is the Kamui soft ?

Comment

Originally Posted by poona View Post
                Exactly how I have/like my tips. Is the Kamui soft ?
                Yeah, that one was a kamui soft, but it was still a bit too firm for me personally. I prefer the talisman soft or MW supertips tbh

Comment

Yeah, that one was a kamui soft, but it was still a bit too firm for me personally. I prefer the talisman soft or MW supertips tbh
                  Heard they do SuperSoft? Might be worth a try.

Comment

Put a 11.5 mm mushroom shaped tip on a 10 mm ferrule.
                    Played a few shots & went for a deep screwback only to see the tip fly off across the room.
                    My guess is that the glue (5 minute Araldite) could not hold it and/or the shot pressure on the leather at one end was greater than what the glue surface area could hold.
                    Will go down to a 10.50 mm one & see if I have the same issue.

Comment

You would do better with some good quality super glue gel than Araldite, which is not the best glue of it's type (epoxy).

Comment

9,5mm Elk. Have to continue tomorrow, still needs more steel wool and burning. But I've not change a tip for 2 years by myself, pretty happy to get it right in the middle.
                        Last edited by TomHau; 5 August 2013, 11:30 AM.

Comment

polish your ferrell off with wire wool does not scratch gives a great shine..

Comment

I have tried different tips out Elk, Blue Diamond, Mike Wooldridge, Blue Knight etc, currently using Talisman Med best tip ever for feel and response will not go back to anything else, but hey that is my humble opinion but definately recommend try enjoy......

Comment

Reviving an old thread just to add a few pics from recent re-tips that have turned out nicer than usual

How in the hell did you get them that shiny?
                              Im bloody jealous over here .

Never mind I looked over the thread and found my answer=I use a few different grades of emery paper 2500 & 3000 and then micro mesh paper 4000, 6000.
                              Last edited by WelshPhantom; 11 May 2014, 11:51 AM. Reason: Found answer i was looking for.
                              "Practice Makes Perfect"
                              "He Who Endures Conquers"
                              "Fortune Favours The Brave"

1 piece Trevor White 8.5mm Tip,17 1/2oz,57"

Comment

Wish I could shape my tips like that, How the heck do you do it? I always find it a problem to get it symmetrical.

Comment

Working...
                                X