No announcement yet.

the best make of chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it was health and safety and the Other Reason was the Dark Green Colour on Cueball when it did show which it didn't alot.

After they Stopped there was Plenty of Fake Chalk going about which was Dark Green Triangle but not Genuine.

Comment

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
      hi hotpot, the dark green ones by Triangle really do stick better, don't they? more gritty and rarely leave chalk marks on the cue ball... i don't see them around anymore too, probably out of production... i have only 2 new cubes left and will be using them most sparingly...

the next best chalk for me is still Triangle though.
      Certainly does muck , i have a couple of blocks here and i tried some earlier on a Talisman tip . The old darker certainly stuck and covered better .

Comment

hotpot, this Triangle I am talking about, made by Kleckhefer MNFG Co, I have had for 40 years.
        :snooker:

Comment

Never seen that mucka . I remember using national blue chalk with red paper before tweetens .

Comment

What is the difference between triangle and master if they are made by the same company--is it like one is designed for pool and the other for snooker?
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Here are pics of the Triangle Chalk I have, made by Cleckhefer, which I have had for at least 40 years.

Comment

I've only ever used triangle as i was advised to when younger by a gentleman who played at my local club and i've never had a problem with it but without using other makes i can't really compare. I've seen and heard some of the other lads there talk about master chalk and how good it is so it can't be crap because they only by the best

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
                  Here are pics of the Triangle Chalk I have, made by Cleckhefer, which I have had for at least 40 years.

I find it incredible you've had this chalk 40+ years. How come you never used it mate? Didn't like it?

Comment

tornado taylor , the reason the chalk was not used is because I retired from playing just over 36 years ago and have only recently
                    (end of May) started to play again. This is all down to finding The Snooker Forum and chatting on here - you lot have a lot to answer for .... lol.

Comment

This is pretty amazing, never seen anything like this before.
                      How many cubes do you have?
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Only have that cube that is hardly used and one that is about half worn out.

When I started to play again, I found them in the cue case. Since having started playing again, the print has faded off the other piece. Very strange indeed.

Comment

Great stuff Acrowat! You realise that you'll start a feeding frenzy on here dont' you? with members bidding to purchase your original Triangle Chalk LOL!

Seriously tho, this subject has been covered many times in previous threads...

Yes, for some totally unkown reason, Tweetens changed the formula of the Light Green chalk, to a slightly darker shade approx. 8 - 10 years ago. Loads of my customers and members on TSF have commented / complained that it's more gritty than before and doesn't grip as well. I personally don't find this and will not use any other brand - it's still the best IMO.

Also, as I have said before, Master chalk is made by Tweetens and is available in Green or Blue, as is Triangle. My belief is it's the same chalk, just branded differently for differing markets....

Hope this helps (again!)

Comment

my favourite has to been triangle suits my blue diamond tip well

Comment

Acrowot - ah I see well its lasted pretty well un its good to hear ya back playing again.

Comment

there was a thread on here a while back where someone said that tweeten themselves came out and told everyone that the composition of the chalk used in the master was different to the triangle. i cant remember where, im having trouble locating that thread :S

Comment

Working...
                                X