your top 3 tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
    I've got an image of Liam Neeson on the end of the phone saying "good luck " whenever someone calls looking for a good Elk
    It's roulette but if you've got boxes of them, finding a good one isn't too hard for a pro customer I expect. A good one or pressed or treated one is great. But BDP for lack of hassle for me ta.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      That's what put me off trying one of ADRs tips ,I can't stand that noise you get from hard laminated tips. I had an Omin red once and while it is a great tip shape and control wise, it was like a marble on the end of my cue and the noise just wasn't for me, but a good tip none the less.
      I used the red Omin tip for about a month but like you found it got pretty hard and lifeless. Been using a black adr147 medium tip and it's still going strong after 6 months regular use. Holds its shape well, gives good feel on shots, less effort more reaction. Probably the best and most consistent tip I've used. Defo worth a try itsnoteasy.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
        I used the red Omin tip for about a month but like you found it got pretty hard and lifeless. Been using a black adr147 medium tip and it's still going strong after 6 months regular use. Holds its shape well, gives good feel on shots, less effort more reaction. Probably the best and most consistent tip I've used. Defo worth a try itsnoteasy.
        Spot on thanks to everyone, I hate having to whip tips off all the time and sometimes I have left them on too long hoping they would come round but they never do, it's an ADR black( colour just for the hell of it lol) medium next time round, I reckon at most six weeks.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• I've just stuck an ADR super soft on my pool cue, going give it a try this week.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
            I liked those red o'min tips myself but as soon as it felt right it started to go hard!
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• 1 kamui black medium (best by a country mile i have ever tried)
              2 blue crown (don't know if still available)
              3 elk master (when you can find a good one)

i play uk pool with 7.9mm tip

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeharris1701 View Post
                1 kamui black medium (best by a country mile i have ever tried)
                2 blue crown (don't know if still available)
                3 elk master (when you can find a good one)

i play uk pool with 7.9mm tip
                If you like the kamui medium then try my medium. very similar in play.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                  Originally Posted by markz View Post
                  I liked those red o'min tips myself but as soon as it felt right it started to go hard!
                  Thats whats on my break cue, like a bit of marble lol

Comment

• Tried both ( kamui & ADR ).
                    ADR tips are mutch better comperd to kamui imo .
                    In term of consistentsy an CB respons !!

Comment

• 1. Phoenix Black, Medium
                      2. ADR Black, Soft
                      3. MW Supatips

The Phoenix takes less time to bed in and keeps its shape & great reaction, the ADR is a much more controlled tip but has taken quite a few hours to get better feel & reaction - started off feeling a bit lifeless although it's the 1st time i've used a soft (not that soft though)

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
                        If you haven't tried a BDP yet, try one. They're not expensive, give it a go, or press an elk? Alternatively, you could do what my mate does, soak an elk in vinegar, then microwave it; toughens it up apparently. He hits a lot of tons, so it can't be such bad advice I guess?!?!?!?!?
                        Reckon he was talking about conkers bloody cheat !!

Just tried a Grand tip on my spare maple cue, seems very good, also put a Buffalo Diamond on a mates cue and it was very good, but myself, I'll stick to Elks.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                          Reckon he was talking about conkers bloody cheat !!

Just tried a Grand tip on my spare maple cue, seems very good, also put a Buffalo Diamond on a mates cue and it was very good, but myself, I'll stick to Elks.
                          Best conker I had took out over a hundred of me school mate's conkers and they were furious. I told em, leave a dozen in a box over the winter until the following fall and then go hit the soft ones. All wood matures and increases in strength if left alone.

Comment

• I just fit a new ADR black medium yesterday but boy, those are pain in the ar*e to fit and shape!! that's what I don't like in laminated tips....they cost and arm and I lose 50% of it trimming them down and shaping them to my liking. Not a good deal for the wallet :P
                            That being said, I only managed to play one hour with it yesterday night and I was pleasantly surprised. My main grief against laminated tip I tried before was the fact they didn't hold the chalk very well (if at all...) but this one did. It was firm, gave me good CB control and feel. I'll give it another round tomorrow, longer this time.

among the pressed tips, a good Elk is always nice but as said before, so hard to find. I recently tried the Pro Granite from Green Baize and found them pretty good. I have a bunch of them so probably the next one on line for a test.
                            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                              I just fit a new ADR black medium yesterday but boy, those are pain in the ar*e to fit and shape!! that's what I don't like in laminated tips....they cost and arm and I lose 50% of it trimming them down and shaping them to my liking. Not a good deal for the wallet :P
                              That being said, I only managed to play one hour with it yesterday night and I was pleasantly surprised. My main grief against laminated tip I tried before was the fact they didn't hold the chalk very well (if at all...) but this one did. It was firm, gave me good CB control and feel. I'll give it another round tomorrow, longer this time.

among the pressed tips, a good Elk is always nice but as said before, so hard to find. I recently tried the Pro Granite from Green Baize and found them pretty good. I have a bunch of them so probably the next one on line for a test.
                              ADR 147s are the best laminated tip out there.They can be played with high, don't really need trimming that much and they last a long time!

Comment

• Hi Guys
                                I would hands down say the 3 best tips i have used till date would be

1. MW BlackSpin
                                2. Master Blue Tips
                                3. Master Magic Black M

Comment

Working...
                                X