Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CueCraft Cases, How's the quality? Any owners out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CueCraft Cases, How's the quality? Any owners out there?

hi guys, just bought a brand new CueCraft one piece case online..

and am surprised to see it doesn't have the trademark eggbox foam
    am also surprised to see rivets sticking out on both 2 latches
    also few dents in few places, took pictures of the worst dents

So the question is, is this the normal finish quality on these cases?

I must say I have a few friends that currently owned these in my club and never seen something like this before..
    If you have one, please let me know if you have similar problems? Thanks...

case1.JPGcase2.JPGcase3.JPGcase4.JPGcase5.JPG

them rivets look poor on that mate, get it sent back. also dunno if its my eyes but that catch looks rusty? doesnt look new
    as for the foam, they dont do eggbox foam anymore. as ordered some foam few months ago and it came plain black like in your case.

Comment

well i have to say it came from me and came out of a box of 12 new cue craft cases.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
        well i have to say it came from me and came out of a box of 12 new cue craft cases.
        ADR have you noticed a change in specification / quality? Are there different specs of case from Craftsman at differing price points ?

I was thinking of getting a one piece case in Red but looked on the Chesleworth site and they state you can get them in also sorts of colours, including Red or Burgandy. I thought burgandy was red !What's the difference between these two colours ?

Sorry to meither you but you appear to be in the know.

Be prepared though, my next question will be on........ Great Painters of the Rennaisance !

regards sprog

Comment

I have a Red one and they are really nice , i,ve had about four or five different colours and this is my fav .

Comment

Too be Honest the Last Couple of CueCraft Cases i have bought havent had the eggbox foam and had rougher foam inside, They must be using different suppliers.

Comment

I have come across these cases before, mainly from cue makers in Thailand and the cases are mass produced in Thailand.

Comment

Originally Posted by sprogbasket View Post
                ADR have you noticed a change in specification / quality? Are there different specs of case from Craftsman at differing price points ?

I was thinking of getting a one piece case in Red but looked on the Chesleworth site and they state you can get them in also sorts of colours, including Red or Burgandy. I thought burgandy was red !What's the difference between these two colours ?

Be prepared though, my next question will be on........ Great Painters of the Rennaisance !

regards sprog
                I have a red one piece case up for sale, less than 6 weeks old, going to get a treble case.

Comment

Originally Posted by n.er View Post
                  I have come across these cases before, mainly from cue makers in Thailand and the cases are mass produced in Thailand.
                  hi n.er, so you're trying to say that all cuecraft cases are now made in thailand? Or this particular case was a thailand knock off? Definately seen many cuecraft case, but never seen one in such quailty, this was the first...

Comment

Originally Posted by sprogbasket View Post

regards sprog
                    not really noticed - i don't pay much attention to cases as long as they look after the cue really - that said loose rivets is a new thing to me. I read the history of art at uni!

Comment

Originally Posted by lk8 View Post
                      hi n.er, so you're trying to say that all cuecraft cases are now made in thailand? Or this particular case was a thailand knock off? Definately seen many cuecraft case, but never seen one in such quailty, this was the first...
                      they are made on site in nottingham. will give them a call tomorrow

Comment

so is there any body with similar quality problems with their cuecraft cases? or am I the only one?

Comment

I bought a used one that had seen a fair bit of action. Bought a replacement lock for one side which made it almost like new again.

Generally speaking all the people i know that have them think there pretty bombproof.
                          Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

So is it safe to say that this is not the normal standard quality that I should expect from a CueCraft case?

Comment

Originally Posted by lk8 View Post
                              So is it safe to say that this is not the normal standard quality that I should expect from a CueCraft case?
                              Ive had a few and they have always been very good.

Comment

Working...
                              X