No announcement yet.

Joe Porper tip trimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£2.49 is the price for replacement blades.......
    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

What's the difference between the tip trimmer and this? They appear to do the same job?
      #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Originally Posted by fredkite View Post
        What's the difference between the tip trimmer and this? They appear to do the same job?
        They are totally different Fred . The design of the blade in the J P is such that you can angle it to take off the tip at the ferrule only to form a perfect mushroom or hold it straight to trim the entiere tip flush . It can also take most of the top of the tip off whilst leaving the middle and bottom . a normal trimmer can onle be used more or less at one angle .

Comment

Thanks, I might invest in one
          #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
            They are totally different Fred . The design of the blade in the J P is such that you can angle it to take off the tip at the ferrule only to form a perfect mushroom or hold it straight to trim the entiere tip flush . It can also take most of the top of the tip off whilst leaving the middle and bottom . a normal trimmer can onle be used more or less at one angle .
            I must be doing something terribly wrong or incredibly lousy with my hands. I made a few scratches using the JP whilst trying to trim the tip to flush with the ferrule.

Comment

As with any blade you still have to be careful Bulk . Mask of the ferrule until you get the hang and are more confident with it . As with everything new it takes a little practice .

Comment

As with any blade you still have to be careful Bulk . Mask of the ferrule until you get the hang and are more confident with it . As with everything new it takes a little practice .
                I'm still considering whether to actually purchase this tool. Its pretty expensive after conversion. The advantage would be a easier job instead of the usual sanding.

I wanna make the tip like this as quoted,

Talismansofttips002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by x3dnd3x View Post
                  I'm still considering whether to actually purchase this tool. Its pretty expensive after conversion. The advantage would be a easier job instead of the usual sanding.

I wanna make the tip like this as quoted,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11332[/ATTACH]

Thats like i have my tips and its so much easier and quicker with this tool , as said allow yourself to become familiar with it .

Comment

Does it not scratch the ferrule when you use it?

Comment

Originally Posted by itx View Post
                      Does it not scratch the ferrule when you use it?
                      Like what hotpot has mentioned, cover the ferrule with masking tape while slicing the extra ends off.

Comment

Thats like i have my tips and its so much easier and quicker with this tool , as said allow yourself to become familiar with it .
                        I'm seriously considering it.

Comment

Originally Posted by x3dnd3x View Post
                          I'm seriously considering it.
                          You wont regret it .

Comment

Mine came in couple of days ago. Looks a good, solid construction.

At first glance there's an oversized hole for me to insert the top of the cue and a screw, presumably to adjust the depth. Tried tightening and loosening the screw but it doesn't seem to do anything significant.

Guess I'll figure it out the next time I change my tip.
                            When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Add Content

Comment

You wont regret it .
                                hotpot

Could you briefly explain how to use this tool? I search the net but couldn't find any videos showing how its being used. I could see a blade and also a knob but don't see any holes. So basically I just insert this onto my tip and turn? Or is the blade used to trim the excess tip?

I found a place in my country which sells this and its cheaper when factored in shipping from UK so I'm interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X