No announcement yet.

Spruce coloured chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i ordered a dozen cubes of this last night to try it out,im fed up of the lack of coverage i am gettin from the light green

Comment

Originally Posted by emerald gem View Post
      i ordered a dozen cubes of this last night to try it out,im fed up of the lack of coverage i am gettin from the light green
      You'll love it, no-one goes back to light green afterwards.
      Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Emerald Gem - I got my box of 12 last Tuesday (ordered last Friday so very good with the Bank Holiday in between as well).
        I also used a lump with my pool cue (8.2mm Pool Baron tip) last night and it covers the tip very easily with out too much chalking required to get good coverage, much better than the green chalk which the PB tip did not take to. Cue ball response it much better as well.
        Hope you enjoy your new chalk as well.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          Emerald Gem - I got my box of 12 last Tuesday (ordered last Friday so very good with the Bank Holiday in between as well).
          I also used a lump with my pool cue (8.2mm Pool Baron tip) last night and it covers the tip very easily with out too much chalking required to get good coverage, much better than the green chalk which the PB tip did not take to. Cue ball response it much better as well.
          Hope you enjoy your new chalk as well.
          The best spruce of all is the fake stuff; it binds even better to the tip. Grittier feel, and lovely bite on the cue ball. Heresy! My current spruce is the real stuff, and I'm chalking after every shot, instead of every third shot with fake chalk (the two lumps I found in a pub). Maybe I should begin scouring pubs for fake chalk? lol

Comment

PP:

I think you got that last post ^^ backwards. Every shot with the good stuff, every 3rd shot with the fake?

Terry
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Yeah, the fake stuff is better terry. Only requires rechalking one third of the time. If the fakers released it under their own brand, I'd buy it as first preference.

Comment

My 2 boxes of spruce arrived this morning via your eBay link, great quick delivery all the way from the USA, I ordered it on the 27th of this month. Can't try today, tomoz will do though..
                JP Majestic
                3/4
                57"
                17oz
                9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                  My 2 boxes of spruce arrived this morning via your eBay link, great quick delivery all the way from the USA, I ordered it on the 27th of this month. Can't try today, tomoz will do though..
                  How did you get on with the spruce chalk mate? Any difference?
                  Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
                    How did you get on with the spruce chalk mate? Any difference?
                    Hi danam1,

It definitely binds better to the tip and the table cloth looks so much better as well after a session, cuts the chalk marks down by I reckon 80% because of the superior binding to the tip and the colour of course.

Well worth the buy.
                    JP Majestic
                    3/4
                    57"
                    17oz
                    9.5mm Elk

Comment

Cool thanks for that.
                      Rich (prince07799) is kindly sending me a piece to try
                      Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Just a quick review :-

Iv'e been using the triangle spruce chalk for about a week now. TBH I thought it was going to be just the same as the other chalk but it is in my opinion considerably better. The tip Mike supplied on my shark is very hard but the spruce covers it superbly. I realised how much better it is than the normal blue chalk after I forgot my spruce and had to use a blue piece. The blue really struggled to cover the tip but when I went back to the spruce it was much much better. I'm not experienced enough to give a detailed report on actual performance but coverage is a lot better and can only be a good thing?
                        I'm thinking of ordering 36 boxes to sell on if there is enough interest?
                        Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Just a quick review :-

Iv'e been using the triangle spruce chalk for about a week now. TBH I thought it was going to be just the same as the other chalk but it is in my opinion considerably better. The tip Mike supplied on my shark is very hard but the spruce covers it superbly. I realised how much better it is than the normal blue chalk after I forgot my spruce and had to use a blue piece. The blue really struggled to cover the tip but when I went back to the spruce it was much much better. I'm not experienced enough to give a detailed report on actual performance but coverage is a lot better and can only be a good thing?
                          I'm thinking of ordering 36 boxes to sell on if there is enough interest?
                          You'll sell them no problem, especially on here and ebay!
                          Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
                            You'll sell them no problem, especially on here and ebay!
                            I think you are probably right it's just the initial outlay, £75!!
                            Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

The money you have that should'ent be a problem wiil pm you tomorrow danny

Comment

You need to speculate to accumulate

Comment

Working...
                                X