No announcement yet.

Water resistant(ish) cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leather can be treated but i wouldnt want to make you a case knowing you would walk in the rain with it

if an alu case wont hold out the rain then you have no chance with a leather case off anyone mate

Comment

Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
      leather can be treated but i wouldnt want to make you a case knowing you would walk in the rain with it

if an alu case wont hold out the rain then you have no chance with a leather case off anyone mate
      There's two ways I'm gonna go about this, one way is to get one of these tubular cases for when the weather is crap, the other is to get a dry bag of sorts for it, the dry bag is probably the best option, i only thought, like someone else mentioned in this thread that if the outer leather is treated then there shouldn't be anything to worry about, like proper leather boots are etc. But i think a dry bag would be the good bet here. If the weather turns that bad, i could just leave it at the club.... Erm, never thought of that....
      :snooker:

Comment

You might be able to get something in a fishing/shooting shop. I'm sure I've seen waterproof covers for guns, fishing rods etc. Large black heavy duty waste disposal bin bag from B&Q would be a cheap option.

Comment

Can get good dry bags from my work so will look at that, but the size thing may be an issue, if so, a trip to b&q on the cards. Thanks mate.

Comment

I would get thin waterproof material and a zip and take it to a sewing shop and get one made to size .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
              I would get thin waterproof material and a zip and take it to a sewing shop and get one made to size .
              Another solution i never thought of, I'll look into that too!

Comment

If you dn wanna spend too much, maybe a thrash bag would work out just as fine...works well for me at times when im walking in the rain...

Comment

I can't believe there are no decent waterproof cue cases available like the cue craft ones!

I'm going to ask a company I work with for a quotation to get something made....

Do you think there would be a market for this type of case?
                  James lovell

Comment

Originally Posted by jlowap View Post
                    I can't believe there are no decent waterproof cue cases available like the cue craft ones!

I'm going to ask a company I work with for a quotation to get something made....

I wouldn't have thought there'd be big demand to make it worthwhile, what cue craft cases are you talking about? If it's the waterproof tubes then there's loads in the market...
                    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Whether there would be a big demand I'm not so sure, but having multiple cases seems a bit of a pain to me, but if i want the cue to be kept in good condition then I suppose it's got to be done. I'm still surprised there's nothing on the market though.

Comment

Just to report back.... While talking to a guy I know yesterday (case expert/designer) we talked through my requirements... Unfortunately the minimum internal sizes of a custom flight case are just too big for a cue case.

I'm now looking at what can be done to a cue craft case for now...
                        James lovell

Comment

Just to report back.... While talking to a guy I know yesterday (case expert/designer) we talked through my requirements... Unfortunately the minimum internal sizes of a custom flight case are just too big for a cue case.

I'm now looking at what can be done to a cue craft case for now...
                          I work with various bits of kit, some large and easy to work with, some very small, fiddly and also electrical, and i don't see how it can be that difficult (cue (no pun intended...) someone about to say why it's very difficult to do this) to either run a strip of rubber so that when the case is closed it compress' and seals it. Or even something like silicone? That's assuming that when the cases in question are closed the gap is either totally gone or very tight. It strikes me a bit odd, surly if it's an aluminium case it's dead simple, if it's a leather case then it may be a bit trickier.... Oh well.

Comment

Originally Posted by haggishunter View Post
                            I work with various bits of kit, some large and easy to work with, some very small, fiddly and also electrical, and i don't see how it can be that difficult (cue (no pun intended...) someone about to say why it's very difficult to do this) to either run a strip of rubber so that when the case is closed it compress' and seals it. Or even something like silicone? That's assuming that when the cases in question are closed the gap is either totally gone or very tight. It strikes me a bit odd, surly if it's an aluminium case it's dead simple, if it's a leather case then it may be a bit trickier.... Oh well.
                            True, i've heard of people using silicone for the aluminium cases but wouldn't trust it 100% would rather you could buy one with a rubber seal...
                            Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

I'll explain all the issues when I get some time.

I'm a mechanical designer by trade!
                              James lovell

Comment

I'll explain all the issues when I get some time.

I'm a mechanical designer by trade!
                                Please do, i know a few folk in the same job but don't see them that often so haven't been able to quiz em about it yet

Comment

Working...
                                X