Tip press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
    How long do you leave them in there for? I've got an elk in one of the master cue pressers. is 6 hours enough to get a good one?
    I would think that would be long enough , i usually leave them overnight

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
      Yes i have a few of them muck , tried a phoenix , kamui , elk and coutts tip , happy with the results apart from one phoenix where i over tightened the press and the tip was too hard and took all the elasticity out of the tip .
      Thanks for the feedback Hotpot!

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
        Thanks for the feedback Hotpot!

I find once they are pressed they usually hold the pressed shape, that said it can't hurt to leave them in over night

Comment

One of the methods reported to have done wonders to a tip is microwave for a few seconds! A few of the oldies at the club swear by it, and I have found it does wonders to the Elkmaster tips. Same as pressing I would say.

Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
          My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            washed?
            not heard of anyone washing tips before as usually I would keep water away from the leather
            can you explain this please
            not much to it. wash with fairy all the blue out out, dry with a cloth and clamp for half a day.. the water doesn't really penetrate the tip. try a couple

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
              and i,ve pressed a few phoenix tips in it and the layers seem to be muck tighter , put one on my cue but not played with it yet
              Hotpot.. Kamui M vs Phoenix Soft.. which do you prefer? Just wondered if the Phoenix tip is no way near as hard as the Kamui M.

Comment

I use this currently.

P1030469_zpsddc29f42.jpg

P1030468_zps74dc28aa.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                  Would be pain tightening them up tiny bit at a time mind and may never be spot on with gripping two sides at a time! Ordinary vice ok masking tape the tips and slowly tighten.

I have bought one of these below as it was Rude not to at £9 Inc:Postage!! .........Will let you all know what its like when it arrives if it Ever Arrives!!...ha ha ha

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3905697368...84.m1497.l2649
                  gazza, is yours the domed version? I bought the flat one but didnt realise they did domed and flat versions. Very good tool, fitted a few pressed Elks and they were superb with no playing in required. FKGA.
                  Last edited by fredkite; 24 May 2015, 07:30 PM.
                  #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Working...
                  X