1G's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I had a set of the 1G balls and to be honest i couldn't tell the difference between them and a normal set of Aramith Tournament champion that i played with previously, if someone gave you a brand new set of both and said have a few frames with each then didn't tell you which balls were which i'd doubt you'd tell the difference.
    This is what I believe to be the case too. For me this was just a money making idea by aramith to make a set that was supposed to be more accurate.
    From the marketing stuff I've read it says that due to the balls being within 1g tolerance, this enables the player to have more control and enables them to have better positional play, maximising break building potential!
    Yet all it is really is a set of balls put in a shiny metal case with World Snooker 1G because it makes the player feel they are using something better, something professional.

Do you really think a player, even a top pro can feel the difference between one ball weighing 140g and another weighing 142/143g because I know for a fact its impossible for a human to feel that difference, only a set of scales can you know what the weight is.

Snooker is a very psychological game and anything that gets into your head can make the game seem more difficult or easier depending on what you are told. Players now have it in their head that tables are bad and conditions aren't perfect for them yet the game is damn sight more easier now than at anytime in the past. Trouble is this just shows that todays players aren't as strong mentally as those from the 80's or 90's era, you never heard any moaning back then, now every player seems to be critical.

And you know the only player who never says anything about conditions, O'Sullivan, because he can play the game whilst most just think they can.

Comment

Pretty much spot on cueman, people should save £60 -£100 and just buy the normal Tournament champion.

The next Aramith gimmick will probably be Zero G balls once they have got every last ounce of profit out of the 1G balls.
      sigpic

Comment

would like to know the weight of the 1Gs

Premier are 126 grams (+/- 3 grams)

TCs 142 grams (+/- 3 grams)

I hate the TCs too heavy for me they clunk and kick too often

played with 1gs and they were superb

Comment

Originally Posted by DG GIBERT View Post
          would like to know the weight of the 1Gs

Premier are 126 grams (+/- 3 grams)

TCs 142 grams (+/- 3 grams)

I hate the TCs too heavy for me they clunk and kick too often

played with 1gs and they were superb
          Hate the TC's ehh lol, my understanding is that 1G's are EXACTLY the same as TC's but all chosen to be within 1 gram of each other.
          My TC's by the way all weigh the same anyway, so people are wasting their money buying the 1G's, ok so you get a fancy case, but i have heard the handles on them are rubbish anyway !!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Hate the TC's ehh lol, my understanding is that 1G's are EXACTLY the same as TC's but all chosen to be within 1 gram of each other.
            My TC's by the way all weigh the same anyway, so people are wasting their money buying the 1G's, ok so you get a fancy case, but i have heard the handles on them are rubbish anyway !!!!
            The Tcs that i play with differ to the 3 grams ( being a sad case i weighed them)
            I thought we were moving away from heavier balls, spliting the pack with TCs is a pain, the other factor is that in all the clubs i play
            my league matches use the lighter premier balls
            it could be that if the balls are balanced they will play much better despite being heavier, so just curious if they are 125gm or 143gms

Comment

My Tc's are 141, the 1G's will be around the same, 141, 142, 143

Comment

in theory u could play with a white 3 grams heavier than the black or vice versa the black 3 grams heavier than the white
                depending on the set!

Comment

interesting for me then a well balanced set seemed to negate the fact that they are heavier

thanks for your reply

Comment

Originally Posted by DG GIBERT View Post
                    in theory u could play with a white 3 grams heavier than the black or vice versa the black 3 grams heavier than the white
                    depending on the set!
                    In theory yes, not good ehh

Comment

Or maybe 139, 140, 141
                      My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

people are wasting their money buying the 1G's, ok so you get a fancy case, but i have heard the handles on them are rubbish anyway !!!!
                        The case isn't even fancy, its cheap plastic trying to look like aluminium.
                        sigpic

Comment

As I mentioned earlier in the discussion you won't notice the difference between a ball that is 1g or 3g different weight to the rest in the set. Sure if you go much over that you will probably feel the difference but a few grams, I'm not having it. I think its more to do with the cloth on the table if you struggle with these balls. TC's or 1g's probably aren't ideal on certain club tables with an old cloth or cold and damp conditions, that is why the premier balls were made especially for your typical club table.

I've played with both sets in leagues and you can tell the difference immediately. I prefer the TC obviously because I use the super crystalates which were superseded by the TC's but so long as all the balls in the set are from the same set and not a mix then you just adapt.

Comment

Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
                            The case isn't even fancy, its cheap plastic trying to look like aluminium.
                            +1

Its aluminium trying to look like plastic

Comment

My 1g all weigh 140 grams, I like the idea that they are all the same, don't know how much better that is, but at the time I could afford the extra dough for a better weighted set.
                              Cheers,
                              I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X