Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    You still re tipping a lot of the Pro’s tips ?

What are they using these days ?

Why do you like a harder tip ? Wouldn’t think you get a great deal of feel out of them . But there are a number of Pro’s that like a harder tip .

Leave a comment:

• frazz
    replied
    Fingers crossed Nei, thanks

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Originally Posted by frazz View Post
    Don't know if anyone here likes a really hard tip but if they do I'd recommend the ADR mjw tip, I've used pressed tips for about the last 6 years after using kamui black m/h before that, recently after my blue diamond tip splitting in Israel at the European championships I was struggling to get a tip that was hard enough for me to get the sound and feel that I like, after doing about 40 tips in the last week from blue diamond to grand to blue diamond plus I put an ADR mjw tip on Friday night, went down to Leicester for the q school entry event and without using one of these tips before I won the event, 3rd frame with it missed last red on 112 on max and 5th frame had 136 total clearance, the tips play superb, I think I've found my new tip after becoming fed up with pressed tips and the inconsistency that goes with them
    Well done on finding the one Fraser , I like the ADR pressed tip ......the one for me . Winning that comp pays for your Q School entry fee doesn’t it ?
    Playing like that , you are a cert to get back on the tour . Play well in the qualifiers .

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by frazz View Post
    Don't know if anyone here likes a really hard tip but if they do I'd recommend the ADR mjw tip, I've used pressed tips for about the last 6 years after using kamui black m/h before that, recently after my blue diamond tip splitting in Israel at the European championships I was struggling to get a tip that was hard enough for me to get the sound and feel that I like, after doing about 40 tips in the last week from blue diamond to grand to blue diamond plus I put an ADR mjw tip on Friday night, went down to Leicester for the q school entry event and without using one of these tips before I won the event, 3rd frame with it missed last red on 112 on max and 5th frame had 136 total clearance, the tips play superb, I think I've found my new tip after becoming fed up with pressed tips and the inconsistency that goes with them
    That sounds like advice worth listening to. Thanks and well done BTW.

Leave a comment:

• frazz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• anish147
    replied
    I too am curious, having reduced the height of laminated tips previously

Leave a comment:

• f1maverick
    replied
    Recently fitted an ADR147 medium tip purchased from Ebay. (Thanks ARD147)
    This is my first go at a laminated tip so very much a novice.
    Fitted the tip with no issues and looks great to me, however, in my haste I trimmed a good couple of mm off the top before shaping.
    Shaped with no issues. Whilst I am very happy with it, have I spoiled to performance of this tip by removing the top?
    For laminated tips, should I have just shaped the top to retain the thickness and if so, what possible differences would this provide?

Sorry if this was covered earlier, however I could not find anything browsing / searching.
    Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    Originally Posted by kayen147 View Post
    i used a block before, i can say i played my best snooker with it, the only downside is it leaves marks on the CB. very noticeable marks
    yes it can.

Leave a comment:

• kayen147
    replied
    Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    I like the grey one!
    i used a block before, i can say i played my best snooker with it, the only downside is it leaves marks on the CB. very noticeable marks

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    New ADR147 Laminated Cue Tips!!!

similar, master chalk on laminated or very hard pressed tips is better than green triangle chalk, but green is better on soft medium pressed tips: except I find spruce triangle is the best on soft medium pressed tips. hence I have used spruce triangle for many years years

Not tried any taom chalk as of yet.

Leave a comment:

• 22JOHNC
    replied
    Originally Posted by TornadoTed View Post
    On the subject of chalk!

I've been using these tips for 8 ball pool for a couple of years and they are the best tips I've ever used, Soft is the hardness I settled on after trying SS, S and M. I have converted a few people around here to them also. I just use Tweeten green Triangle chalk and it is OK but I don't get a perfect covering. I was wondering if anyone had found a chalk that suits these tips better?
    I find that master chalk is superior to triangle chalk (all colours) on hard pressed and laminated tips, curiously I found that the standard light green master was a definate improvement over the light green triangle on my ADR!47 soft tips but the darker green (spruce) master is even better so my chalk search is over.

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    Originally Posted by 22JOHNC View Post
    I find that master chalk is superior to triangle chalk (all colours) on hard pressed and laminated tips, curiously I found that the standard light green master was a definate improvement over the light green triangle on my ADR!47 soft tips but the darker green (spruce) master is even better so my chalk search is over.
    I like the grey one!

Leave a comment:

• 22JOHNC
    replied
    On the subject of chalk!

I've been using these tips for 8 ball pool for a couple of years and they are the best tips I've ever used, Soft is the hardness I settled on after trying SS, S and M. I have converted a few people around here to them also. I just use Tweeten green Triangle chalk and it is OK but I don't get a perfect covering. I was wondering if anyone had found a chalk that suits these tips better?

Leave a comment:

• TooDark
    replied
    On the subject of chalk!

Triangle pro.

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    remember you need less chalk on laminated tips.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X