Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    hard and soft now here.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Walton
    replied
    Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
    What do you think of these tips compared to buffalo diamond plus? I'd imagine a good bit firmer..? Really like the diamond plus but I've been getting a few dodgy one's lately...
    I actually love the Diamond plus for pool and snooker, best pressed tips available imo, the Adr are firmer but not that much firmer, I find the dp needs scuffing after a few frames to keep it holding chalk as they're quite firm for pressed tips, remembering they're water buffalo leather which usually create firmer tips to regular or pig skin leather, yet surprisingly the Adr(pig skin) doesnt. I honestly do love the dp but the Adr are better for snooker, all the feel and grip of the dp without the mushrooming and tendancy to glaze and need scuffing.[/QUOTE]

Cheers Dave can't hurt to try one out, the only laminated tip I've actually felt comfortable with was the phoenix medium, so it'll be interesting to compare. I agree diamond plus is the best pressed tip I've tried, just the problem of maintaining it's shape like all pressed tips![/QUOTE]
    Yeah that's my only fault really with the dp, having to re-shape or scuff been using them for nearly 2 years now for pool. Never tried the phoenix but I have tried Talisman pro soft and medium, kamui black m, Hercules H2, O'Min Red, none of them even come close to the Adr imo, ultimately its all down to personal preferance though

Leave a comment:

• SouthPaw
    replied
    What do you think of these tips compared to buffalo diamond plus? I'd imagine a good bit firmer..? Really like the diamond plus but I've been getting a few dodgy one's lately...[/QUOTE]
    I actually love the Diamond plus for pool and snooker, best pressed tips available imo, the Adr are firmer but not that much firmer, I find the dp needs scuffing after a few frames to keep it holding chalk as they're quite firm for pressed tips, remembering they're water buffalo leather which usually create firmer tips to regular or pig skin leather, yet surprisingly the Adr(pig skin) doesnt. I honestly do love the dp but the Adr are better for snooker, all the feel and grip of the dp without the mushrooming and tendancy to glaze and need scuffing.[/QUOTE]

Cheers Dave can't hurt to try one out, the only laminated tip I've actually felt comfortable with was the phoenix medium, so it'll be interesting to compare. I agree diamond plus is the best pressed tip I've tried, just the problem of maintaining it's shape like all pressed tips!

Leave a comment:

• Dave Walton
    replied
    Originally Posted by dave121260 View Post
    What do you think of these tips compared to buffalo diamond plus? I'd imagine a good bit firmer..? Really like the diamond plus but I've been getting a few dodgy one's lately...
    I ordered six buffalo diamonds off ADR and put one on the other day playes superb but seems a bit soft but then again it's the first time using these so not sure what hardness they are suppose to be.
    How high did you leave the tip? The dp are quite high just like the Brunswick bd, the dp are firmer than an elk and will feel firmer as it beds in and moreso as the height reduces. All the ones I've played with have been consistent, firmer than elks and very responsive with excellent grip. Hope that helps

Leave a comment:

• Dave Walton
    replied
    [/QUOTE]
    What do you think of these tips compared to buffalo diamond plus? I'd imagine a good bit firmer..? Really like the diamond plus but I've been getting a few dodgy one's lately...[/QUOTE]
    I actually love the Diamond plus for pool and snooker, best pressed tips available imo, the Adr are firmer but not that much firmer, I find the dp needs scuffing after a few frames to keep it holding chalk as they're quite firm for pressed tips, remembering they're water buffalo leather which usually create firmer tips to regular or pig skin leather, yet surprisingly the Adr(pig skin) doesnt. I honestly do love the dp but the Adr are better for snooker, all the feel and grip of the dp without the mushrooming and tendancy to glaze and need scuffing.

Leave a comment:

• SouthPaw
    replied
    Originally Posted by dave121260 View Post
    I ordered six buffalo diamonds off ADR and put one on the other day playes superb but seems a bit soft but then again it's the first time using these so not sure what hardness they are suppose to be.
    They're a nice tip I'd say as a whole they're a tad bit firmer than a hard elkmaster they should play a bit more firmer when fully bedded in, I've found my last two to go really hard though after a couple of weeks, but so far my last one fitted is still playing really nice...

Leave a comment:

• dave121260
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SouthPaw
    replied
    Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
    Yet my Adr tip hasn't mushroomed and kept its shape perfectly whilst still holding chalk and playing beautifully. Definitely harder than any elk but not too hard and the grip is excellent which gives you confidence. I can't recommend them highly enough! They just feel right!

Leave a comment:

• Dave Walton
    replied
    Originally Posted by lbs View Post
    Had an hour of play into this lovely little tip, here is what I feel
    1) It isn't the hardest tip in the world, that is for sure. The sides are trimmed off real easy with a blade. It is definitely softer than an Omin red or a Hercules tip. It is a preference thing. If you like those two tips I mention, then stay away.
    2) The tip seems very well made, each layer are glue together really well. Visibly pleasing but also comforting to know that they probably will not de-laminate, but that could be just a mental thing.
    3) Very, very decent grip on the cue ball, even though the surface feels smooth to the touch. It doesn't look porous as a block tip but it doesn't affect the grip on the white.
    4) It mushroom fairly easily but I am not sure what the fuss is with that. All tips will mushroom that is a fact. Tip beds in with ease.
    5) If you feels that a good elk is the best thing in the world, this tip is very well recommended.
    Yet my Adr tip hasn't mushroomed and kept its shape perfectly whilst still holding chalk and playing beautifully. Definitely harder than any elk but not too hard and the grip is excellent which gives you confidence. I can't recommend them highly enough! They just feel right!

Leave a comment:

• Phil C
    replied
    Originally Posted by lbs View Post
    1) It isn't the hardest tip in the world, that is for sure. The sides are trimmed off real easy with a blade. It is definitely softer than an Omin red or a Hercules tip. It is a preference thing. If you like those two tips I mention, then stay away.
    2) The tip seems very well made, each layer are glue together really well. Visibly pleasing but also comforting to know that they probably will not de-laminate, but that could be just a mental thing.
    3) Very, very decent grip on the cue ball, even though the surface feels smooth to the touch. It doesn't look porous as a block tip but it doesn't affect the grip on the white.
    4) It mushroom fairly easily but I am not sure what the fuss is with that. All tips will mushroom that is a fact. Tip beds in with ease.
    5) If you feels that a good elk is the best thing in the world, this tip is very well recommended.
    Good review mate

Leave a comment:

• lbs
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wayne G
    replied
    Andrew,

Are the original tips medium hardness?

Are they meant to be left full height or do most people shape them down to a lower height?

Leave a comment:

• dave121260
    replied
    Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    i hope you like it - for the next batch i have a limited number in soft and hard as well for those who have such preferences.
    Could u put me down for a soft as well please.

Leave a comment:

• TornadoTed
    replied
    I would like to try a soft as I although I quite liked it I found it too hard and went back to a MW Super Tip.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X