ADR147 Laminated Tips Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by culraven View Post
    You getting the same feedback from the black tips? I fitted one of the soft ones on a cue I sold, and have to say it sold the cue for me, he couldn't believe the work he could get on the cue ball after years of playing with poorly fitted tips. Took his old cue in part ex, give it 3 months and I'll sell him it back retipped! Lol
    yes feedback still great - problems are always in the supply not the selling!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• To be honest, I couldn't believe it either, Culraven !! first time I saw the tip, I thought is same as Talisman. They are very hard. When I played with it,, Wow!! The CB reaction is just incredibly good!! I hope that black one has the same playability. Haven't tried it yet !!

Comment

• I ordered 3 of the soft versions from ADR, the delivery was super quick, cheers Andrew. Ive not had long to test one of the tips out as i had to go straight into a 1 frame match with the new tip on without any practice which wasn't ideal, my early impressions of the tip are really good. Ive been using the Phoenix laminated Soft tips which can be really hit and miss, they delaminate on a regular basis and can firm up over time.

The ADR tips feel great when you strike the ball both in the sound and the feel, i don't like a hard sound and the soft version is perfect where its just a nice gentle sound and the feel felt perfect. I'm pretty certain i got a lot more reaction and grip from this tip, i over screwed the ball a couple of times and got more than the usual amount of side, that's deffo a positive when you have got used to it a bit more. I just need to have some practice with it now, first impressions are very good.
        sigpic

Comment

• I've just ordered one of these to try. Let's hope it's good!

My last two Talisman tips have split now and I've not had a problem until now. I've been using them for two years.
          WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
          Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• ADR147 Laminated Tips Review

I would highly recommend spruce Triangle chalk with these tips, covers the tip much better than the green version. Do you stock the spruce chalk Andrew?
            #jeSuisByrom

Comment

• Originally Posted by fredkite View Post
              I would highly recommend spruce Triangle chalk with these tips, covers the tip much better than the green version. Do you stock the spruce chalk Andrew?
              you had any commission through yet fred? had nowt here!!! joys of ice station zebra tonight (walshaw!)

Comment

• Not a sausage mate! I beat your barman LM in the scratch comp last night, enjoy Walshaw
                #jeSuisByrom

Comment

• Originally Posted by fredkite View Post
                  Not a sausage mate! I beat your barman LM in the scratch comp last night, enjoy Walshaw
                  haha he wont be happy, been knocked out of individuals and harry wilde now, so just league for me i blame the new elk on the cue

Comment

• ADR147 Laminated Tips Review

Just ordered a new black soft version, looking forward to trying this one, although im sure it will play near identical to my last soft tip from adr, if so il be very happy

Comment

• Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                      you had any commission through yet fred? had nowt here!!! joys of ice station zebra tonight (walshaw!)
                      not used the fred award yet!

Comment

• Originally Posted by rightoncue89 View Post
                        Just ordered a new black soft version, looking forward to trying this one, although im sure it will play near identical to my last soft tip from adr, if so il be very happy
                        it will do.

Comment

• Yes I can confirm these Black Tips do play the same and are great same as other.

Gaz.

Comment

• Ive had ago with the ADR147 black laminated tip (soft), and as it says on the tin they are soft.

Comment

• I just ordered 2 of the black soft ADR147's. Super stoked to try them out. The snooker cue I just received had some really crapping tips on it. I was thinking of using a kamui tip because that what I have always played with on my regular cue. Thought I would support a fellow forum member and more personal seller, plus I think it will put the kamui to shame. I will write up a nice report after I have them installed and have played with them for over 20 hours.
                              “Thus so wretched is man that he would weary even without any cause for weariness... and so frivolous is he that, though full of a thousand reasons for weariness, the least thing, such as playing billiards or hitting a ball, is sufficient enough to amuse him.” Mr. Blaise Pascal

Comment

• I really like these tips, all the benefits of a layered tip without the horrible 'ting'. One thing though, I have found, like others that blue Master chalk and Triangle spruce chalk seem to stick better to the tip than light green Triangle but it marks the cue ball so much and I get complaints from other players in my league. Is there a light coloured chalk that won't mark the cue ball so much but will stick better than light green Triangle?

Comment

Working...
                                X