Best place to buy a set of TC balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers Catch.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      Ah I was just thinking that, I wondered if anyone did a tube like case so the balls were in a line , as my cue locker at the club can hold three cue cases so something like that would fit, but it wouldn't hold the traditional shaped case.
      You could be onto something there bud..... That's a great idea!!
      Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
      Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

ummm well I might be meant to keep this sort of info to myself but aramith don't deal direct to the public and only to a couple of uk suppliers and current price at trade is £80 plus vat and delivery so I would be very careful where you buy them from. you might get lucky and buy them from somebody who stocked up when they were cheaper, i know craftsman did a few years ago but also for sure there are many fakes out there.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Funny you say that ADR I checked what the club could get them for and was told the same as you have said, I can't believe there are fake ones of these around ,is there nothing that hasn't been copied , what to look for when I get them , weight? If they are square lol?.

Comment

Funny you say that ADR I checked what the club could get them for and was told the same as you have said, I can't believe there are fake ones of these around ,is there nothing that hasn't been copied , what to look for when I get them , weight? If they are square lol?.
            when i bought mine from the bay i checked weight of each ball, and size, digital scales, and digital callipers, all within 1 g of each other and all the same size, maybe .5mm difference. The only ball that was wrong was the white, to small (3mm) and too light (5g). Bought a new one for about £8 and job done.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              ummm well I might be meant to keep this sort of info to myself but aramith don't deal direct to the public and only to a couple of uk suppliers and current price at trade is £80 plus vat and delivery so I would be very careful where you buy them from. you might get lucky and buy them from somebody who stocked up when they were cheaper, i know craftsman did a few years ago but also for sure there are many fakes out there.
              Might be a few "knock-off" sets as well going cheap.

Comment

it used to be that the blue was a slightly different colour but i have not stocked them for years because there is no money in it!
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Thanks Maxsys, I will check the weight at home on the scales , I don't have callipers but if I feel they are not right I will get some and double check, these should be 142 + - 3G is that right ?
                  Sorry and ADR , is it lighter of darker ?

Comment

Thanks Maxsys, I will check the weight at home on the scales , I don't have callipers but if I feel they are not right I will get some and double check, these should be 142 + - 3G is that right ?
                    Sorry and ADR , is it lighter of darker ?
                    no calipers, just cut a circle out of the side of your cereal box (empty one of course ) to 2 1/16" (52.5mm) diameter and see what happens
                    The weight of TCs can be around the 139g to 143g range, and the difference between the heaviest and the lightest of your set no more than 3g.

ie if they your set are all 140 except one that is 143 ok officially
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Good call with the cereal box, Aldi had calipers recently for about £8.00

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        no calipers, just cut a circle out of the side of your cereal box (empty one of course ) to 2 1/16" (52.5mm) diameter and see what happens
                        The weight of TCs can be around the 139g to 143g range, and the difference between the heaviest and the lightest of your set no more than 3g.

ie if they your set are all 140 except one that is 143 ok officially
                        Thanks for that Dean, I didn't realise that's how it worked I thought it was some could be 139 some could be 142 and others 145

Comment

my set is 139 to 141 range

the hole in cardboard I thought of after seeing a clip of Steve Davis at Thurston's museum, where in the olden days they would test the balls (ivory) through a template which was 2 1/16" but surprisingly any ball that went through the hole was scrapped as this size was the smallest allowed! So the size allowed today was the smallest allowed back then
                          The ivory balls could be reshaped and hence would get smaller with time, so any ball too small was scrapped.
                          Last edited by DeanH; 17 April 2014, 03:34 PM.
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Any one able to point me in the right direction to get a new cue ball for my 1G's .

Thanks
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                              Any one able to point me in the right direction to get a new cue ball for my 1G's .

Thanks
                              Have you tried ebay? i know they do separate balls. yo may just get lucky and get one spot on the weight

Comment

My balls have just arrived, I haven't done anything with them yet but the box looks real and they came with the little booklet that I take it comes with them, all I have done is check them over, there is not a mark on any of them I am most surprised, the white is that ivory colour I have seen on other sets, and the blue looks the right colour, so fingers crossed now all I have to do is learn to pot them.

Comment

Working...
                                X