What chalk is ronnie using

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Thinslice View Post
    Well if its good enough for Ronnie its good enough for me,Depending on price of course
    Master chalk is about the same price as Triangle chalk
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yes it is master chalk. I have used it myself for last 5 years or more maybe.
      I spoke to Skip from tweetens a while ago about the difference in the chalks as I do feel the master has a creamier texture than the more gritty triangle and I thought the master has a higher silicon content. Its a little quicker at wearing away and why the triangle chalk is designed for more of a house chalk.
      Both very good but I do feel for the harder tips the master gives a bit better hold.
      "Don't think, feel"

Comment

yes it is at the moment DeanH but like the Elk tips they could jump in price now ronnie is useing it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Thinslice View Post
          yes it is at the moment DeanH but like the Elk tips they could jump in price now ronnie is useing it.
          true
          I don't think they will as there is not a special process required to make them unlike these unchalked Elk.
          I had a email conversation with Skip very recently and he confirmed that Tweeten made the tips that Dave Coutts but he said he never made any direct connection with Ronnie.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Texture sounds like triangle green used to be so ive ordered a box .

Comment

Box of 12 green master chalk is about 6 quid on ebay

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                Box of 12 green master chalk is about 6 quid on ebay
                Looks like Trump is using the green master too now.

I've been using the spruce master for 2 years now (on kamui tips -- both snooker and pool tips) and it is the best combination I've found so far. The spruce feels a little creamier than the green one.

Comment

Aye I noticed Judd was using it today. Never tried the spruce master myself. I got a box of the green master a couple of seasons ago and keep changing between it and triangle, the master is slightly softer but not much in it imo

Comment

Aye I noticed Judd was using it today. Never tried the spruce master myself. I got a box of the green master a couple of seasons ago and keep changing between it and triangle, the master is slightly softer but not much in it imo
                    In his last session against Ford he switched back to triangle so he's found some fault with it.
                    "Practice Makes Perfect"
                    "He Who Endures Conquers"
                    "Fortune Favours The Brave"

1 piece Trevor White 8.5mm Tip,17 1/2oz,57"

Comment

Originally Posted by WelshPhantom View Post
                      In his last session against Ford he switched back to triangle so he's found some fault with it.
                      Or just has both master and triangle in his case and just picked up the first block he came to?!
                      Last edited by Dave Walton; 24 April 2014, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by WelshPhantom View Post
                        And he's went back to Master chalk today against Day

Comment

Working...
                        X