No announcement yet.

How many of you make your own milkduds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the most insane thread I have ever seen.

Comment

You would be surprised at what some of the pro's do to their tips, I think it is Michael Holt that used to microwave his then use a tip press.

Comment

Originally Posted by cuefather View Post
        You need help from Dr Steve Peters
        Who's that?

Comment

Originally Posted by x3dnd3x View Post
          Who's that?
          My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
          I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

10char

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
              who said the BBC don't do adverts!

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                who said the BBC don't do adverts!
                Maybe he can fix my game - I wonder what he charges for a 147?

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
                  You would be surprised at what some of the pro's do to their tips, I think it is Michael Holt that used to microwave his then use a tip press.
                  One of the staff at the club used to microwave the tips before applying them and swore by it. Less than 20 seconds I believe.
                  Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                  My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
                    One of the staff at the club used to microwave the tips before applying them and swore by it. Less than 20 seconds I believe.
                    all that would do i reckon is react more with the glue giving a stronger bond to the cue

Comment

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
                      So did you buy the tip press?

Comment

Originally Posted by x3dnd3x View Post
                        So did you buy the tip press?
                        Not yet no.

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                          all that would do i reckon is react more with the glue giving a stronger bond to the cue
                          Perhaps. I know the tip changes significantly though. I once microwaved the tip for too long and it lost its shape.

Comment

I made milk dudes a few years back. The process does firm up the elkmasters. For those that don’t have a bench clamp, a C clamp will do the trick. If you want to make more than one at a time, two C clamps along with two pieces of steel will work fine.

Comment

Right this may be the stupidest question ever asked but how are tips like elk masters made?, I see that layered tips are obviously layers of leather glued on top of each other but how are pressed tips made, are these layers as well? Or mushed up fibres moulded into a tip shape, or one piece of leather punched out, although I don't know what animals have hide that thick.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                                Right this may be the stupidest question ever asked but how are tips like elk masters made?, I see that layered tips are obviously layers of leather glued on top of each other but how are pressed tips made, are these layers as well? Or mushed up fibres moulded into a tip shape, or one piece of leather punched out, although I don't know what animals have hide that thick.
                                I have no idea on this but at that pricing, I woud guess its leather fibres moulded into a tip shape.

Comment

Working...
                                X