X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    6 tips for a fiver delivered
    http://www.greenbaize.com/tips/
    Cheers for that. Just got some new BDPs but will try these in like 10mths, once the BDPs wear out. lol

Comment

Originally Posted by steve7698 View Post
      had some bad luck with tips lately. Iv been avoiding elks cos dont get the time needed to knock them in. So, tried the talisman soft and after a couple of sessions the top half came off. Then tried an elk pro just to see what all the fuss was about and it just disintegrated after an hour or so. Got a titan on now and it feels pretty good but i have to keep taking the sides off and its down to almost nothing now. (only put it on on Sunday) So getting some pro granites delivered in the next day or so. Any advice would be appreciated.
      Like Neil said ,I don't know why you are going through tips like that, do you really bang the balls around? If you destroy a pro granite, I would say it's you not the tips as I used to use these and they are pretty indestructible, hard for a pressed tip mind.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
        Like Neil said ,I don't know why you are going through tips like that, do you really bang the balls around? If you destroy a pro granite, I would say it's you not the tips as I used to use these and they are pretty indestructible, hard for a pressed tip mind.
        Pro granites throw like no other tip; they're bloody awful. Nothing to recommend them except they're really hard. One of the worst tips I've ever tried; they don't chalk too well either.

If folk are having problems with elks going soft, here's a tip; trickle a tiny bit of thin superglue liquid around the tip wall once it's mounted. Use a pin or paper clip so you don't apply too much. tape the ferrule with masking tape just in case. The tip wall becomes harder and flexes less on impact once the glue is dry. This instantly increases tip hardness without compromising chalking ability. Don't put the glue on the dome for obvious reasons; hence why using a pin or paper clip is preferable. Lightly dab it on. You can get superglue from Poundland, a quid for four bottles.

Comment

never had a problem with elks i just fancied trying something different. In the case of the elk pro, a mate put it on and i think he must have damaged the fibres(blunt blade maybe?) Anyway, after reading some of the posts i think the pro granites are worth a try. New to the forum and still finding my feet looking through the threads.

Comment

will send to anywhere at cost.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

never had a problem with elks i just fancied trying something different. In the case of the elk pro, a mate put it on and i think he must have damaged the fibres(blunt blade maybe?) Anyway, after reading some of the posts i think the pro granites are worth a try. New to the forum and still finding my feet looking through the threads.
              I would suggest getting someone else to put a tip on , because whatever he is doing ......he's doing it wrong !

What part of the country are you ? Hopefully be able to point you in the right direction .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

had some bad luck with tips lately. Iv been avoiding elks cos dont get the time needed to knock them in. So, tried the talisman soft and after a couple of sessions the top half came off. Then tried an elk pro just to see what all the fuss was about and it just disintegrated after an hour or so. Got a titan on now and it feels pretty good but i have to keep taking the sides off and its down to almost nothing now. (only put it on on Sunday) So getting some pro granites delivered in the next day or so. Any advice would be appreciated.
                You've had a titan on for a week and it's down to nothing!! They should last 6 months at least (the old ones anyway). Grand soft/medium tips are a better bet then pro granites. The best pressed tip out there.

Comment

Unless he is like a chap down the club, who religiously before each frame hacks at the tip with rough sandpaper - every frame! - and not a quick recheck but a good 20-30secs of serious grinding!
                  steve7698 - I hope you are not like that
                  welcome to TSF - as others have said, tips should last you some months at least depending on amount of play at the table.
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

im not sure the 'titan's' are 'titan's'. got them off eBay and the came in a little bag instead of the advertised branded card they usually get sold on. Anyway, put it on on Sunday and went to have a knock. Noticed the tip was getting very flat and coming over the sides, so when i got in the house i cut don the sides. Thing is its playing pretty good but it looks like a tip that's been on for months not a few days. Never used titans before but i like a hard tip and these were recommended.

Comment

Like already mentioned the Pro Granite are a seriously hard tip , and throw like no ones business .

Comment

yeah so i see. Regretting ordering them now. Might pop in to see Stu Green if he is open today and he can put a grand on for me, they seem to be getting good feedback

Comment

Yep , Stu is your best bet . I bought some of the Grands off him yesterday .

And he would be far better at putting a tip on , and he will also recommend a tip that would suit you .

Comment

i miss the days of just having elks and blue diamonds!!

Comment

i miss the days of just having elks and blue diamonds!!
                              The old ones made in 80's were the best tips i've ever played with .
                              Good old days !!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                                The old ones made in 80's were the best tips i've ever played with .
                                Good old days !!
                                Have elks really got worse or is it just that the players have?! When we were younger playing well and had no knowledge of tips or anything else, we got on with it.

If anyone has used both a Buffalo Diamond Plus and a Grand tip medium, please let me know your thoughts on comparison between the two tips. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X